Banknote World Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Banknote World Reviews

Updated May 9, 2019

3.7
  1. "Former Banknote World Employee"

Former Employee - Marketing in Irvine, CA

I worked at Banknote World full-time for more than a year

Pros

Banknote World is a wonderful place to work. I worked there for approximately 2 years. The atmosphere is professional, the people friendly and management is constantly looking for innovative ways to make the company the leader in world currency collecting. The owner spends time sharing his passion about banknotes with his employees. He offers programs to improve employees’ job skills. He is generous with... providing opportunities for growth and advancement within the company. He took me to several conventions in Europe and Asia where I was able to gain invaluable experiences. He cares about business but also wants his employees to be happy. He provides many perks and financial bonuses for employees who work hard. This company has built a strong reputation in the banknote collecting community. They are honest and provide products at a fair price. No other company comes close to providing the variety of different coins and banknotes that Banknote World offers. I would highly recommend Banknote World to anyone who is interested in working there. The only reason I left was due to moving out of state for my family. Otherwise, I would still be at Banknote World.

Cons

There really are no Cons to working at Banknote World. It is a professional company that is fair and honest with its employees and customers alike. The owner is straight forward and will give you his honest opinion. He does not sugarcoat anything and can be brutally honest at times. Some people may find this harsh.

Advice to Management

Continue making improvements with your company to be the market leader.

Banknote World2019-05-10
  2. "Friendly culture, great company"

Current Employee - Inventory Sorter in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Banknote World full-time for less than a year

Pros

Really tight knit group of employees with very friendly vibes all around. Company owner consistently caters to employees; providing all sorts of snacks, drinks, and even offering free lunch quite frequently. Management works with you if you ever need a day off to handle errands and pretty accommodating about adjusting schedules when need be.

Cons

There is a slight physical element to this position so if you are physically lazy, this may not suit you best. Definitely not hard compared to other warehouse environments where people are slugging heavy weight around, especially considering warehouse has AC.

Advice to Management

Management pretty much stays on top of making sure we have all the supplies we need to work efficiently, so maintaining that consistent, along with the awesome snacks is good enough for me!

Banknote World2019-05-01
  3. "Great place to work, feels like a family."

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Irvine, CA

I worked at Banknote World full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work environment, snacks water and food is constantly provided. Excellent health insurance and you are never given more work than you can handle. The owner has never treated me with anything but respect, even when we parted ways, and that is something I will always be thankful for. You WILL learn here at this job. You will learn to work as a team, to problem solve and you will most

Cons

None that I can think of. Every job in the world is going to be challenging, and if you don't challenge yourself to grow as an employee then the problem is you not the company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Communication between management is essential and at Banknote World you are never turned away when you need help. The biggest mistake I made is not asking for help when I needed it.

Banknote World2019-04-19

"Great Experience""

Current Employee - Imaging Specialist in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at Banknote World full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very flexible schedules Awesome staff always positive vibes and ready to share knowledge... Friendly atmosphere and a pretty relaxed environment. Higher management will go above and beyond to make sure we have the support system we need to thrive Cutting edge in technology. The company provide with good opportunities to learn and advance within

Cons

None, really awesome place to be working... Can't think of any, it's a very positive experience

Advice to Management

Management is moving in the right direction, They are taking the company to the next level

Banknote World2019-02-25
  5. "Glowing Company!!"

I have been working at Banknote World full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've worked in a few companies prior to my employment here. No company I've been in has a higher quality work culture than this one! Everyday has been exciting and development in the company is inevitable. More than anything, I look for growth when searching for a company to work with. I have never seen or experienced the growth opportunity like Banknote World has to offer in any other company. :) Consistency is key... to happiness within a business and from what I've experienced so far, management has been more than reliable with that. My coworkers are especially friendly and helpful and our boss is the most amusing and kindhearted boss I've ever had! He's extremely benevolent and a wonderful figure to look up to (he also provides Starbucks & lots of food which is great). It's a very very low stress environment as long as we properly do our work and cooperate. I hope to continue growing with this company for a long time!

Cons

Hmm.....maybe more Starbucks and pizza? ;)

Advice to Management

The cookies & abundance of snacks is great by the way.

Banknote World2019-02-27

"Couldn’t be happier working here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Banknote World full-time for less than a year

Pros

At first I was skeptical about this company when first hired based off the reviews from former employees. Come to find out everything negative said about the company and CEO are untrue! It’s unfortunate that former employees would put out lies in retaliation to the company! Goes to show why they are unemployed! If you are someone like me and value honesty from upper management then this company is for you. Sure the... CEO can be “tough” at times but he is always fair, just, and honest with you. I definitely value this seeing that I was constantly lied to by former bosses that I’ve had in the past. Work hard and you will be rewarded by the company. The work atmosphere is the exact opposite of “toxic” as explained by one former employee. During my tenure I have not experienced anything but great vibes from my awesome co workers. As a small but growing company we all work as a team to get the job done and treat each other like family. All in all, the CEO is not “shady” or “participates in illegal business practices” as explained by one former employee. (This one gave me a real good laugh) If you want a good steady job position with maximum growth potential then this is the right place for you.

Cons

All the free snacks/beverages are causing me to gain weight :(

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work this company is headed to the next level and I’m proud to be a part of it!

Banknote World2019-02-23
  7. "It's not just your workplace but It's also where your company is like family"

Current Employee - Lister in Lahug

I have been working at Banknote World full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I love working here. This is a company that is open to every different culture. Communication is open and each employee helps one another in achieving our goal to success. You'll be challenged from time to time that will make you want to do your job even better. Each year, it always shows the progress and how the company has grown. I'm proud to be part of this company and the management is the best! It's a place... where I can see security and where I see myself in the long run.

Cons

For overseas workers (working online) there's no benefits and leave credits compared to employees working in an office

Advice to Management

Maybe there can be a yearly increase or an evaluation of performance for every regular employees or workers for better stability and long term growth within the company.

Banknote World2019-02-26
  8. "This company doesnt know what they want they never make up there mind not a good company to work for"

I worked at Banknote World

Pros

There isnt anything good about this company

Cons

The boss sucks horrible company

Banknote World2019-03-21

"Small company with big problems"

I have been working at Banknote World full-time

Pros

easy work and sometimes free food

Cons

- Nothing is done efficiently or professionally. - No real strategy with the owner, it’s all “yes” to everything with no real opinion. - Work is always pushed back frequently until it’s forgotten or is deemed “non-important” - Several employees play loud and dumb music over the speakers to annoy or gag around all day. If you're someone who provides customer service or needs to focus on the work, getting some... peace is temporary. - Owner has frequent temper tantrums and takes it out on employees. - Owner sends out rude emails and threats of termination. - 30 minute lunch break only - 3 sick days and 1 week PTO - Work ethic is based on favoritism - There is no HR - Huge turn-over rate - Sometimes you work on weekends - They have more cameras in the office than a normal bank does. - There is no real growth within the company, unless you’re talking about taking someone’s responsibilities, because they quit.

Advice to Management

- You need to come to the realization that you are an inexperience owner with no management skills and zero communication skills. You either take the necessary classes to run a company or you need to listen to the managers with real experience (preferable one that is older than you). - Establish performance metrics

Banknote World2018-12-20

"Excellent Company"

I have been working at Banknote World full-time

Pros

It is a great small but growing company to work for. It is like a family when you walk in. It is a tight knit group. Everyone is there to help each other even if it isn't your department. Definitely not the place for people who have the "it's not my job" attitude. We have our tasks but we are also a team. And that's why this works for me.

Cons

I can see some people may not be comfortable when you first come into this work environment with such a tight knit group, but they were very welcoming.

Banknote World2018-12-05