Coleman Research Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Found 120 reviews

3.5
Kevin Coleman
Pros
Cons
  • "Middle management needs more training and upper management doesn't seem to have a clear vision(in 13 reviews)

• "Account managers can do no wrong even if they are lazy and rude(in 8 reviews)

1. "Mixed Bag"

Former Employee - Senior Client Associate in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Coleman Research full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

-Great work/life balance -Decent exposure to major investment and consulting firms -People here are great. Smart, supportive, and professional while still being fun. Particularly impressed by the new CFO -Compensation has improved of late. Solid incentive structure

Cons

-Work gets mundane and repetitive. Coleman stays surface-level with their research work, meaning it can be very un-stimulating -Lack of skill development, learning opportunities, and real challenges -Lack of clear career growth and limited exit opportunities -Coleman struggles to define it's value prop in a crowded marketplace. It often feels like the company is simply set to cruise-control -Can feel like there's...

Advice to Management

Find a way to differentiate Coleman in the space. Incorporate greater skill development/learning to engage employees and improve retention.

Coleman Research2019-04-16
  2. "Good first job"

I worked at Coleman Research full-time

Pros

Performance is directly correlated to effort.

Cons

Can feel out of control at times.

Coleman Research2019-03-12
  3. "Client Manager"

Former Employee - Client Manager in Hong Kong

I worked at Coleman Research full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Supportive global team, great people, unparalleled exposure to various industries

Cons

Certain policies are still fluid with fairly occasional changes

Coleman Research2019-02-14
  4. "A good first job but that's about it"

Former Employee - Client Associate in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Coleman Research full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

It really builds on fundamental skills that all jobs require like working on multiple priority tasks at once, being able to adapt to constant change and prioritize correctly and working within a team setting. It'd be a great first job out of college because you're exposed to a lot of different industries which is interesting to learn about. You also get to talk with some pretty high up experts in their industries.

Cons

The team you're put on will make or break your experience. I heard some horror stories of other managers and think some shouldn't be managers. You'll get very frustrated depending on the client your team works with. They have a major culture issue in that they don't know what it is but they're working on defining it. Very much under the mind set that you have to be in the office to be doing productive work. Really not...

Advice to Management

Keep working on the culture, the clients can treat Coleman employees poorly so the company needs to counter balance that with some kick a** culture.

Coleman Research2019-01-09
  5. "Good Entry-Level Position"

I worked at Coleman Research full-time

Pros

Good way to get post-college work experience with exposure to a variety of different industries.

Cons

None to report at this time.

Coleman Research2018-12-25
    • "Great First Job"

Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Coleman Research full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Commision, Great Work Environment, Nice People

Cons

Not much upward mobility after a few years

Advice to Management

Invest in good people and mitigate turnover

Coleman Research2018-10-19
    • "Going Places"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Coleman Research full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Senior Management genuinely cares about staff. Good training program. Vibrant culture and great benefits.

Cons

Younger workforce creates some management challenges but lots of things being done to address these issues.

Coleman Research2018-09-18
    • "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Coleman Research full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company culture is really very friendly. The culture committee works hard to make sure we have fun events going on. You learn something new every day here and it makes coming to work interesting.

Cons

It isn't really a con, but depending on the job you're looking for it could be considered one. You are constantly learning new things so don't expect to become a pro immediately. You have to work and ask questions every single day. I personally love this because it keeps me on my toes, but I know it isn't for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your staff. I can tell that people care and I feel like I can be heard - which I really appreciate!

Coleman Research2018-09-18
    • "Senior Associate"

I worked at Coleman Research full-time

Pros

This is a good place to work straight out of college to gain experience and build up basic skills (communication, time management, etc.) Good work life balance. You sometimes will have to work after hours but for the most part your work doesn't go outside of the office. The people make this place an enjoyable work environment. Perks are decent and if you put in the work you can make some good commission.

Cons

The job is very repetitive. You will be doing the same thing everyday for 8 hours and sometimes it feels like a heads down culture. You will get bored and aggravated. Middle management needs more training and upper management doesn't seem to have a clear vision. They say they are all about their people, but I never bought into that philosophy.

Advice to Management

Listen to your lower employees. Sometimes you need to accept the fact that an account isn't as productive or valuable anymore. If you want to retain your employees, give them more career opportunities. Not everyone wants to be a manager but there is no where else for them to go.

Coleman Research2018-09-26
    • "Interesting experience, but no clear direction"

I worked at Coleman Research full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Interactive work force with lots of fresh graduates. Daily tasks were clear and repeitive

Cons

High turnover rates and poorly trained upper managers. Low morale

Advice to Management

CEO should be more involved at every level

Coleman Research2018-09-13