Corporate Insight Reviews

Updated 30 Sep 2019

3.8
Corporate Insight President Michael Ellison (no image)
Michael Ellison

"Good work/life balance - that’s it."

Former Employee - Analyst
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Corporate Insight full-time

Pros

You could have a side hustle or time to explore interests and hobbies. Researchers are nice people, you’ll like your coworkers.

Cons

There is no clear vision for the future. Upper management is out of touch. Leadership is non-existent. There is no1 you’ll like to emulate or learn from. Promotions are arbitrary, review process is highly flawed. There are tireless meetings for how to improve the company, but nothing comes from it. There is no culture. Their website is very subpar (ironic given what the work entails).

2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Corporate Insight full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent product, loyal client-base, great work/life balance

Cons

None that I can think of

3. "Senior Analyst"

4.0

I have been working at Corporate Insight full-time

Pros

Great people, positive work environment, hard work gets rewarded and recognized

Cons

Lack of organization and poor management structure

"Average experience at a very average firm"

2.0

I have been working at Corporate Insight full-time

Pros

Good work/life balance, generally nice people.

Cons

First, starting with the name...."Corporate Insight" is pretty bad, as far as names go. But the name says a lot. There was not much creativity. Not much room to color outside the lines. It was all very...corporate. Some of the work I did here was of value. But a good 65% of the time I wondered if my work was ever read, if my effort was even worthwhile. The disconnect between teams is pretty shocking. The pay is ok. Fair, I guess, considering that much of your work won't be read. The worst part of CI is how little it helps prepare for the next job. I feel that I learned next to nothing here. I had trouble finding a new job and I know others at the company are struggling to find a new job, because the skillset learned here is minimal.

Continue reading
  5. "Won't find a better work life balance in NYC"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Corporate Insight full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent work life balance, very collegiate atmosphere, bosses are all very flexible for the most part and understanding if you have an issue outside of work, and the company hosts a lot of fun events

Cons

No significant cons, but the one area they could improve in most in internal communication.

"Great experience"

Current Employee - Research Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Corporate Insight full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people who want to help you grow, perfect work-life balance, summer Fridays!

Cons

No cons at this place!

"I had a positive experience at CI"

Former Employee - Research Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Corporate Insight full-time for more than a year

Pros

Corporate Insight is a medium size firm that allows its employees flexibility to work on custom projects. Additionally, the managers are very open to new ideas and strategies for growing the company. People that are sociable, show initiative, and get things done are quickly rewarded. The company offers an excellent work/life balance, especially during the summer with half-day Fridays. I found this to be an extremely generous perk. My writing and analysis skills vastly improved during my time at Corporate Insight. The managers, editors and senior analysts at the firm have exceptionally good writing skills, and if you pay attention you can learn a great deal from them. Overall, the managers and staff at Corporate Insight are extremely intelligent and approachable. The staff are friendly with each other and often go out for drinks. I have to say that I am very pleased with my experience at Corporate Insight, and I know I will be staying in contact with the people there.

Cons

Sometimes you have free time, and it is up to you to find new areas for growth. The company depends on analysts to generate new ideas for blogs, white papers, and reports. Those that do not expand upon their core responsibilities may struggle.

"Great place for entry level"

Current Employee - Research Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Corporate Insight full-time for more than a year

Pros

The work is easy to understand. You can become expert in a specific field and do comprehensive market research. They promote and give raises quickly. The hours are very regular 9-5ish.

Cons

Sometimes the research is boring but that's true of anything.

"Dull and thankless experience"

1.0
    Former Employee - Research Associate
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Corporate Insight full-time for more than a year

Pros

Sometimes when I'm having a bad day at work, I think to myself, "At least I'm not at Corporate Insight." And then it doesn't seem so bad.

Cons

Work was incredibly mundane, uninspiring and unrewarding. Days blended into one another. You could feel life slip through your fingers like fine grains of sand. There were no raises during my time there. Management didn't know who was goofing off or working hard. (A positive for some, but not for hard workers.) There were evil morning stare-downs from management if you came in 10 minutes late. One manager in particular was on a serious power trip.

Continue reading

"The job is 100% what you make of it, meaning if you work hard and expand your knowledge, you will be rewarded."

Former Employee - Senior Research Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Corporate Insight full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management is very receptive to new ideas and ways in which to grow the company. Apply for this job if you are entrepreneurial and are willing to show initiative. People who are entrepreneurial and try to expand their knowledge related to their group are quickly promoted and the management is great at rewarding those who do so. Compensation is in line with similar firms, as management recently increased pay. They also offer a pretty nice bonus and their health benefits are great. A huge draw to the company is that it has a phenomenal work/life balance as a straight 9-5 with half day summer Fridays. The primary skills you gain from Corporate Insight are excellent writing skills. You must also pay very close attention to detail. There is no quantitative part involved at all, so any person looking for a finance job, this isn't for you. The staff at Corporate Insight is smart and fun to be around. It can sometimes get quiet in the office but the staff often goes out for drinks and is friendly with each other.

Cons

The work can sometimes be undemanding but if you're willing to expand your knowledge you will be able to stay busy and find new areas of growth. Additionally, by doing that you gain many more marketable skills. Often times, the people who struggle with working there are the one's who don't expand upon their daily tasks and look for ways to make the most of their time.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 English Reviews