Doblin Reviews

Updated 29 Oct 2020

3.5
Doblin President Larry Keeley (no image)
Larry Keeley
  1. "Fun"

Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Doblin full-time

Pros

Work is long but engaging

Cons

Long hours everyday can be a lot

2. "Go to place for human-centered innovation"

Current Employee - Service Designer in Hamburg
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Doblin full-time

Pros

- great team - versatile projects - high learning curve

Cons

- embedded in a big corporate

3. "Fun place to work"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Doblin full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

New experiences, interesting work, innovative and creative

Cons

travel at times which may be hard for families

"Do NOT recommend - run away!"

1.0
    Current Employee - Consultant in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Doblin full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Used to have interesting work - Lots of smart, talented people who are still there for some reason

Cons

Doblin used to work on interesting, impactful projects that were truly design-led... not anymore. This isn't the place where you'll learn about design or innovation work, but you're at the whim of sales targets and corporate politicking. Poor/lack of management has led to total attrition of projects, so all you do is put on "innovation workshops" like a dog-and-pony show. Favoritism is on full display for promotions and staffing - the ones that the leadership likes get preferential treatment, leading to sucking up, getting "face time" and gaslighting. Lots of people are unhappy, retention has been low and over 1/3 of the practice has left in the past year.

Continue reading

"Loved Doblin, was very hard to leave"

Former Employee - Engagement Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Doblin full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Both the people and the work content is amazing. Being a part of this group was the first time I had felt like I was part of a work family. People care about you, and you connect on a personal and professional level. The projects are so, so interesting - you are truly building new businesses and experiences and offerings for your clients. And from a work/life balance in consulting, it's pretty good. They understand you have a life. It's not a face time office at all.

Cons

Ultimately I left because I just didn't want to stay in consulting forever (had been in that career for 8 years)

6. "Great place to start career"

Current Employee - Senior Visual Design Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Doblin full-time for less than a year

Pros

There is a great variety of projects to choose from.

Cons

Too much travel for projects

7. "Great place"

I have been working at Doblin full-time

Pros

Good culture Takes care of people

Cons

Deloitte processes can be out of sync with market

"Employee burn out does not foster innovation"

2.0
    Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Doblin full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Doblin’s projects, budgets and clients are of a very high caliber and have the potential to result in great work. I’ve never had opportunities such as these to work on projects that truly have a global and meaningful impact. - Huge opportunity for designers to learn a more strategy focused approach - Amazing opportunities to collaborate with other areas of Deloitte in cross-functions deliveries (and I’ve seen these do well), and learn cross-functional skills in the process

Cons

- No culture or community (we don’t have any space, time, budget or commitment to create a community. Most people work remotely Mon-Thurs and from home in Fri) - ~70% travel (this is often BAU travel 3-4 days a week regardless of any real need for relocation) - Hours range from project to project but when travelling most people work 9am till midnight with 1-2 hours for dinner - No room for progressive or innovative thinking due to under-scoping of time and resources on projects. The project sweat-shop model is not conducive to creating good, innovative human centred design work

Continue reading
  9. "Has great potential to be great"

Current Employee - Design Consultant in Chicago, IL
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Doblin full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people at Doblin are very passionate, intelligent, and down to earth. This makes it a very inspiring place to work. There are many experts in human-centered design, which makes it an amazing place to learn and grow. When project conditions are right (scoping, travel, etc.) the work is very meaningful and challenging.

Cons

It's part of the "consultant lifestyle" but the constant travel leads to a non-existent work/life balance and burns people out. Deloitte's influence grows every year and increasingly they try to squash our brand and what we do best.

Continue reading
  10. "Strong mentorship and awesome people"

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Doblin full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Doblin + Deloitte is a powerful combination. Doblin has a strong community of collaborative, down-to-earth, intelligent people who have a passion for human centered design and support each other. Deloitte brings the scale, resources, and deep expertise across industries. We are able to enjoy the project variety of a creative consultancy while also having the stability, support, and career path of a large organization.

Cons

If you're coming from a traditional design firm, it can take a while to get used to being part of a large organization.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 English Reviews