Elastic Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Elastic Reviews

Updated 11 Oct 2019

3.9
Elastic CEO Shay Banon (no image)
Shay Banon
Pros
  • "commercial plugins model seems to be the best combination to make an open source business successful(in 24 reviews)

• "Company values allow for excellent work/life balance(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "Also, no one is going to check to make sure you have work-life balance(in 13 reviews)

• "Their hope is the open source model and its low entry price is going to drive enough potential demand for up-selling later to generate revenue(in 7 reviews)

"Simply Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Elastic full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. Amazing People & Managers 2. Flexible work culture & challenging work 3. Great parental leave policy (16 weeks)

Cons

Rewards and recognition could be better.

Advice to Management

Nothing much. Keep this culture forever

Elastic2019-05-06

"Strong Leadership, Great Products & Dizzying Growth Potential"

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Elastic full-time for less than a year

Pros

I thoroughly enjoy every day I come to work at this company. (And by "Come to work", I mean sit down on my back patio and log in). My extended teammates have been overwhelmingly supportive. My manager is smart with extremely high standards and he manages to make me laugh every day. (We work hard but we don't stress each other out in the process) The company has strong products and is growing 60% YoY. There is so... much room to build meaningful things here, yet enough infrastructure in place with specialists to help you. I love the freedom and flexibility to just do what you gotta do, so long as you get your work done. Benefits are generous, and the company is truly kind and good at its core. There are no big egos/yeller-screamers here. They don't care where you live so there's no pressure to move your kids in the middle of high school, or tear you from aging parents. Taking out the "you need to be showing your face in our office every day" mandate that so many companies have these days is truly a benefit you cannot put a price on.

Cons

For me, I cannot think of any at this time. (I will edit this if I do, I want people to make an informed decision.) That said, like any company this company is not for everyone. Not everyone wants to work from home (note you can get a We Work, they will pay for that if you prefer). Not everyone wants to work for a 1,600-person company that is growing like crazy. If you like process and structure and predictability... in your work, that is totally fine but just note you won't like it here. Also, no one is going to check to make sure you have work-life balance. If you own this for yourself you will have it, but if you need that structure given to you it's just not going to be the right fit for you.

Advice to Management

Whatever you do, please keep the "No a*ssholes" rule. One bad manager, no matter how talented as an employee, will ruin it for everyone.

Elastic2019-09-11

"Went from GREAT to HORRIBLE. Proceed with Caution !!!"

Former Employee - Sales in London, England

I worked at Elastic full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Majority of the people are great, the few that aren't are toxic and spoil what a great company it once was and what it could be.

Cons

- Very political - Preach culture, but dont follow it - Toxic environment - blame culture, do not work as team, teams run on fear, ridicule, constant negativity. - ELT boasts how everything is so great, but on the ground thats not the case. - Micro-management- no trust of the people they hire

Advice to Management

you have great teams across the organisation who are being set up for failure by managers who dont fit the culture, have no people skills, but excel at the political play. Is that really what Elastic is about or wants to be?

Elastic2019-10-11

"Fulfilling, Diverse, Meaningful, Exciting"

I have been working at Elastic full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have worked at Elastic for 2.5 years, am a female, and am proud to work for a company that embraces working parents and respecting their homelife (amazing parental leave for Moms + Dads), the ability to work remotely where possible, and overall, the trust that is put in us who do work from home and don't feel held back in our career or overlooked for not being located in an office. This is why Elastic has built a... fantastic, global company from the start -- it is all about the trust + leadership of Elastic. Our diversity is incredible -- we have employees in roughly 40-different countries and represent an amazing amount of cultures, ethnicities, backgrounds, languages. Elastic is working hard to balance out our gender diversity as a tech company and I truly believe/feel that my voice and opinions are heard around this topic as a female in Tech. I am so proud to be a part of a company that makes me feel fulfilled and gives me the ability to thrive in a remote setting.

Cons

I've seen us go from 500 employees to now 1600 plus - keep up the great work, I've seen constructive feedback be addressed and implemented immediately. No cons to report.

Elastic2019-08-19

"Terrible place to work, bad business strategy"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Elastic full-time for less than a year

Pros

Elastic is very forgiving about having a distributed workforce and does not force everyone to adhere to an office. That's great.

Cons

Quotas here are not realistic and a lot of people in sales are seeing the light. Management keeps raising numbers without offering any strategy for getting there. Work life balance is a total joke, and you will catch management's bad side for trying to work a solid 8.5 hour day--- you will never work longer hours for less reward than you will at Elastic. Culture in office is pretty bad, everyone is so demoralized... it is depressing.

Advice to Management

Start listening, you guys are out of touch. Dig in to your survey feedback.

Elastic2019-09-26
  6. "Pretty dang solid."

Current Employee - Human Resources

I have been working at Elastic full-time for more than a year

Pros

Top notch, positive, passionate, supportive culture. Open-minded, humble, inclusive environment. Top shelf, ever-adapting, products.

Cons

I'll keep you posted.

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency. It's hard to find a company, let alone the leadership that is so transparent. #love.

Elastic2019-08-22

"Great Company!"

Current Employee - Director OEM Business Development in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Elastic full-time

Pros

Products, People, Culture, Location, Strategy

Cons

None as of right now!

Elastic2019-08-15

"Yes, It's all True!"

Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Denver, CO

I have been working at Elastic full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Amazing coworkers. Thoughtful, caring, honest, intelligent go-getters all around. - Nearly endless opportunities to learn and grow. - Diversity and inclusion are taken VERY seriously. You can be you. - Company values allow for excellent work/life balance. Meditation, anyone? - Incredible benefits and perks. - Time off is encouraged. - CEO and Founder is truly inspiring.

Cons

Distributed life can be taxing if you're a workaholic, so learn to set boundaries. This is a fast-paced change-intensive company; buckle up. If you're having trouble, it might be time to re-read "Who moved my cheese".

Advice to Management

Keep it up. You practice what you preach, and it's refreshing. This truly feels like the 'flat-hierarchy' that so many companies strive to achieve.

Elastic2019-08-07

"Directionless bodyshop"

Former Employee - Senior Developer

I worked at Elastic full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nice office space, friendly staff (generally)

Cons

Company is a money hemorrhaging frat house with no real direction. Under-qualified staff of SJWs.

Advice to Management

Better update your CVs

Elastic2019-08-31
  10. "Best company I have ever seen"

Current Employee - Support Engineer in Alicante

I have been working at Elastic full-time for more than a year

Pros

I came from working at public sector, where I enjoyed a high salary. The rest was just terrible. Everybody was playing the status game. Doesn´t matter your effort or how good you are, you are going to be backstabbed sooner or later by someone else, specially your managers, which completely sucked at everything. Elastic is just the opposite, while keeping the good benefits. So, everything in a pro: Opportunities,... benefits, management, co-workers, work-life balance. Just amazing!

Cons

Too good! if I ever lose this job, or the company collapses, I´m afraid of not finding such a good organization to work in.

Advice to Management

Just keep as you currently are.

Elastic2019-07-05