K12 Insight Reviews

Join the conversation on

Tech India

105.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/tech-india/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.in&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=K12 Insight~979628
Join the conversation on
  1. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Worst company ever

Mar 20, 2020 - Quality Assurance Analyst in Mumbai
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are no pros - they hire only slaves

Cons

You will be treated like a slave. You do not have the right to suggest or put any inputs - you only have to do things that you are told, even if it is not a part of your job role. In fact, you will only be given work that’s not a part of your job role. So be ready to wipe the boss’s shoes

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee

You will get to learn a lot over here

Mar 19, 2017 - QA Analyst in Mumbai
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Work Culture If joined as fresher you will get a lot to learn

Cons

3 years bond for freshers Salary is bit less

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Environment

Mar 8, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Such a fun group of people. Everyone is willing to pitch in and help out in any way they can. Everyone is approachable and working towards the same goal. Autonomy and work life balance is valued.

Cons

I can not think of anything at this time.

Recruiting Specialist

Thank you for writing a review about your experience at K12 Insight. We believe in building strong relationships and making meaningful connections — with clients and each other. We are so fortunate to have a team of people who embody our core values: caring, fierce, remarkable, resourceful, and innovative. We also know how important it is to have work-life balance because people can do their best work when they feel rested and have time to fill their cups outside of work.

4. 5.0

Company culture is unbeatable

Mar 3, 2022 - Event Specialist in Arlington, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been blown away with the company culture and passion every employee has for our mission and desire to help school districts connect with their community and improve. The executive and senior leaders have facilitated an atmosphere that allows for open feedback and growth. Which is not something I've experienced in previous organizations, and it's been a refreshing experience.

Cons

The moment there isn't anything.

Recruiting Specialist

We are so thankful to have you on our team! K12 Insight’s mission to provide better engagement and experiences to school districts is made possible through our remarkable team members. We believe in facilitating an environment where feedback is welcomed at all levels of the organization, and we are happy to hear of the positive impact this has made in your career. Thank you for all you do for K12 Insight!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Never thought I'd praise an employer

Feb 13, 2022 - Content Marketing Specialist in Milwaukee, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Well-researched salaries that rival similar positions in the field Time off as needed, 17 scheduled days throughout the year Caring and genuine management that want your success (not just for their company) Engaged team that works hard to do legitimately good work Visionary goals for the future that inspire you to work for common good Great energy, great perks, great atmospher

Cons

Can't think of any.... honest truth

1 person found this review helpful

Recruiting Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write a kind review. We work hard to provide a positive workplace and we love to celebrate the success of our team members. The mission and vision of K12 Insight supports an engaging environment that allows our employees to produce great work. We are thankful to have you on our team! Regarding time off, did you know that 17 days per year is only the start? Team members receive additional PTO days with each year of service, plus additional time off programs such as volunteering. Every day, we offer flexibility and autonomy so that our team members can organize their work in the way that works best for their needs.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Mission-driven work with growth-focused team

Feb 10, 2022 - Head of Marketing Communications
    Business Outlook

Pros

I really enjoy working at K12 Insight for several reasons: • Impactful work - Our platform is impressive and truly helps K-12 school districts. You feel like there is purpose behind the work you do every day. • Executive Leadership - I've had the opportunity from the very start to work closely with the CEO, CCO, and VPs. They are authentic, honest, and caring. I appreciate the open communication and trust given by these leaders. • Senior Leadership - The new senior leadership team is passionate about helping both the company and team members grow. It's exciting to see how they are steering major initiatives. • Openness to new ideas - You're truly empowered to take the reins and run with ideas. I don't think I've ever heard a "no" when it comes to new ideas or trying new approaches. People are willing to try new things, especially if you think it will make a positive impact on the company culture or growth. • Flexibility - I never feel like I need to ask for permission to step away for a few hours to take care of personal appointments. There's a lot of trust, which is critical for remote work. The PTO is generous as well. • Caring - When I had a death in the family, everyone told me to take as much time as I needed. There was no expectation that I'd immediately return to work the next day. Even when I did return, I left my camera off and participated at the level that I could handle, and it was totally OK. • Opportunities for growth - I've had a lot of opportunities for professional and career growth. I'm an ambitious professional and I feel like that is both valued and encouraged here (a trait that has not always been seen that way in previous jobs) • Challenge - I feel challenged in my role and I am really excited about the work I am doing and the team I work beside every day. Yet, I don't feel like I have to put in 70 hours a week. There's a good balance. • Accountability and autonomy - With the level of trust and autonomy you have here, there is high accountability and expectations. This is important to me. I work hard and I'm thankful to have others who are all rowing the boat in the same direction. • Transparency - I appreciate how transparent the company is. Every month we have an All Hands meeting where we see how the company is performing. I've never worked for an organization that is so open about successes and challenges.

Cons

I don't feel like there are many cons. I think for some people, the level of accountability and autonomy can be a hard adjustment. You have to be comfortable solving problems and reaching out for help when needed because we're all remote. This isn't a job where you can passively sit and expect others to pick up your slack.

Recruiting Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thoughtful review! We are happy to hear of the positive impact K12 Insight has had in your career. We are building the best place to work in ed tech and we do this by being caring, trusting, providing opportunities for growth, and challenging each other. We believe that by giving our team members flexibility in their work processes and empowering them with autonomy, both the company and our team members will grow together and produce exceptional results. We have built a team of remarkable people and trust them to do great work and give thoughtful feedback as we grow together.

7. 5.0

Meaningful Results and Purpose Driven Company

Feb 10, 2022 - Director of Demand Generation
    Business Outlook

Pros

K12 Insight is a transformational place to be a B2B marketer. The recruiting team continually scans the country in search of top talent and they've assembled an in-house team that's genuinely focused on implementing sound strategy to positively impact the K-12 public school system. School districts and their leaders view us as their trusted partners because our approach to improving their communication strategy involves a very seamless, white glove, consultative approach. We are a hybrid technology and managed research organization which is unique in the SaaS space. In the short time since joining K12 Insight, leadership has been transparent in their communication and everyone embraces shared values that make this environment conducive to personal and professional growth. If you're open to feedback, value honest and productive conversations, have a willingness to step outside your comfort zone and are ready to take on new challenges, K12 Insight is a great place to advance in your career.

Cons

Can't really think of any at this time.

Recruiting Specialist

We are so happy to hear from you! We are continuously looking for top talent to join our team and are fortunate to have assembled a dynamite Marketing Communications team! The relationships we have with our district partners is a top priority, and we are grateful to have a team who shares a common vision for K-12 education. At K12 Insight, we believe in having fierce and meaningful conversations that make us better as individuals and as an organization. We are glad to hear the feedback you have received has made a positive impact in your career and look forward to continuing to grow together.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Best decision I could have made

Jan 28, 2022 - Product Manager in Herndon, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I can confidently say that I love my job!! There is this broad sense of trust throughout the org and people are able to work flexibly and independently. At the same time, my colleagues are always ready to collab on different issues and work across departments. This is the PERFECT place to work if you want to become well-rounded in everything SaaS. Leadership makes fair decisions and the company offers some pretty generous benefits too!

Cons

High sense of autonomy - you need to manage your time efficiently.

Recruiting Specialist

Thank you for taking time to leave a kind review! Your contributions are a key part of our growth and success. We are proud to have built a team of trustworthy, hardworking, and talented people. We are continually working to empower and support each team member and help them build processes that fit their individual work styles. Your feedback helps us ensure we're offering rewarding careers that meet the needs of our employees.

9. 5.0

Great culture

Jan 6, 2022 - Client Success Specialist in Herndon, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunities to cross collaborate, be part of company vision, and be heard and valued as an employee.

Cons

There are non at this time

Vice President, People Operations

Thank you for sharing your perspective. Your words highlight three areas we work hard to intentionally foster as we transform into a remote-first company. We love hearing that those efforts have resonated with our team. The people of K12 Insight really can’t be beat!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great people, great product, great results for customers!

Apr 27, 2021 - Customer Success
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Caring engaged leadership - Dedicated teams - Product that works well and addresses a big need in K12 - Do whatever it takes attitude to support the customer Overall, the company is a great place to work. It is full of caring hard working team members and the leadership team is committed to supporting teams and individuals growth. The company made a thoughtful transition to work from home through COVID and made extra effort to stay connected in spirit while far away in space. I'm sure they will be equally thoughtful as reopening plans come into view.

Cons

- No cons at this time

2 people found this review helpful

Vice President, People Operations

Thank you so much for your thoughtful feedback. One of the unique things about K12 Insight’s structure is that the People Operations team reports to our Chief Customer Officer. This is intentional, so that our team members receive the same level of care, concern, and respect as our customers. We agree this connection can be felt across everything we do. Our team is really where K12 Insight shines. Thank you for being part of the magic!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 27 Reviews

K12 Insight Reviews FAQs

K12 Insight has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 31 reviews left anonymously by employees. 79% of employees would recommend working at K12 Insight to a friend and 72% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 10% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, K12 Insight employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at K12 Insight. This rating has improved by 20% over the last 12 months.

79% of K12 Insight employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated K12 Insight 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at K12 Insight to be benefits, career development, senior leadership and the cons to be compensation .

Popular Careers with K12 Insight Job Seekers