Lyft Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Lyft CEO Logan Green
Logan Green

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Wear and tear on the car isn’t fun" (in 90 reviews)

• "Outlandishly unfair driver rating system in comparison to the passenger" (in 72 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"UpLYFTing Experience!"

Current Employee - Associate People Business Partner in Nashville, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Associate People Business Partner in Nashville, TN (US)

I have been working at Lyft (More than a year)

Pros

Employees value one another and work together as one team to accomplish goals and drive results as we support our internal and external customers. Work/life balance, great benefits, empowering culture, innovative and creative co-workers working alongside you - and the ability to truly partner to create and influence and leave your mark - just to name a few!

Cons

Lyft is located in downtown Nashville, parking is available and traffic can be heavier at times, something to consider

Advice to Management

Continue what you are doing - continue to empower and upLYFT your employees and our customers to reach out fullest potential and drive creative solutions.

2. "Community Associate"

Pros

Good pay, genuinely helpful management, full benefits

Cons

Deal with irate drivers very often.

"I love working for Lyft!!!"

I have been working at Lyft full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment that encourages innovation.

Cons

Nothing worth complaining about at this time.

4. "Worked at Lyft for about a year and really enjoyed it."

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate

I have been working at Lyft full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Liked being able to ask questions whenever I needed and always felt up to speed with the work.

Cons

Can’t think of anything specific

"Lyft me up..."

Current Employee - Operations Lead in Nashville, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Operations Lead in Nashville, TN (US)

I have been working at Lyft full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun place to work. People are enthusiastic and ready to help. Great perks and benefits.

Cons

Salaries could be higher and possibly add bonuses depending on how you perform.

6. "Great Fun"

I have been working at Lyft part-time

Pros

Lots of different friendly folks

Cons

Not sure if there are any

7. "Overall Positive Experience"

Current Employee - Critical Response Associate in Nashville, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Critical Response Associate in Nashville, TN (US)

I have been working at Lyft full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly and relaxed work environment.

Cons

Lack of Transparency. Things change frequently and teams are not always properly prepared or trained for changes.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent about policies regarding employee performance metrics and scheduling. Foster an environment where constructive criticism of company policies is invited and not discouraged.

8. "Fun benefits, clueless leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN (US)

I have been working at Lyft full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Being able to bring my dog to work cuts down on daycare costs...which is good because I am actively being paid less than my position deserves.

Cons

No 401k matching. My team's leadership is clueless to what we actually do. No advocacy for my team leads to nothing changing in terms of pay, benefits, etc.

9. "Fantastic company to work for if able to adapt to change"

I have been working at Lyft full-time (More than a year)

Pros

High-growth company, great benefits for salaried employees, ever-evolving business that provides varied opportunities

Cons

Lots of change. If you cannot embrace change, this is not the company for you.

"Disappointed"

Former Employee - Customer Experience in Nashville, TN (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Experience in Nashville, TN (US)

I worked at Lyft full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company as a whole has a great vision and great values. It's an easy company to believe in. The office is pet friendly and has great snacks.

Cons

They believe that the pay is competitive, but it's only competitive based on title and not actual work. There is an incredibly large gap in pay between hourly employees and salaried employees (over $20k difference). The level of work that most team members are doing is not reflective in title or salary, which makes it difficult when job hunting, because the title is not equivalent to the work at other companies.

For promotions, they have guidelines in place that you must be in your position for at least 1 year before you can apply for another position. If another position comes up that you are the most qualified for and are currently the most senior on your team, you cannot apply for it if you have not met this 1 year requirement. This allowed for less senior team members to apply for and receive a promotion, even though they weren't the most senior and may have been passed up for the previous promotion. It was incredibly discouraging and management did nothing to resolve the issue.

We were encouraged to speak up about issues, but were rarely actually heard. We were frequently met with very political responses, but no real action. Myself and my team members often went to management and senior management to address issues. I even went to HR with concerns and no action was taken by them either. It was incredibly disappointing to be encouraged to surface concerns, but never see any resolutions provided by leadership.

Leadership rarely had any clear vision. Every issue was always an emergency and you were expected to switch focus quickly while never completing a project. It made it impossible to work toward a goal or stay aligned with the team.

The Customer Experience management team are salaried and are able to check email out of working hours. Often, hourly employees are sent emails on weekends or non-working hours and are expected to receive the update. Hourly employees cannot check email outside of working hours, which makes updates impossible.

There are opportunities for learning and development but they are rarely spoken of and most team members are completely unaware of them.

Since I have left, I have heard of no improvements to the team and have heard of more team members looking to leave.

I wanted to stay at Lyft as long as possible and was absolutely heartbroken to leave, but I couldn't work in these conditions anymore.

Advice to Management

I cannot believe that so many people have left and that all of the same management is still in place. If turnover is this high, you may want to do more digging as to why you're losing such good talent.