MediaMath Reviews

Updated 21 Feb 2021

3.4
MediaMath CEO Joe Zawadzki
Joe Zawadzki
Pros
  • "They trust in their employees, and the work/life balance is really good(in 64 reviews)

• "flexibility , smart people, office view and food pantry(in 40 reviews)

Cons
  • "All good problems - the company is growing so quickly that the dynamic environment can be hard to manage(in 14 reviews)

• "Some growing pains -- some instability due to several re-organizations over the past few years; way too many disparate technology stacks(in 12 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

"Great company to work with in terms of learning & growth"

5.0
    Current Employee - Senior Specialist - Programmatic Strategy in Bangalore

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Learning Challenging role Unlimited work from home Open Culture Great People

Cons

None that I can call out

"mediamath review"

in Hyderābād

I worked at MediaMath

Pros

big and established company, brand new office space in Financial District, some opportunity to travel as the company has global presence

Cons

No mentorship whatsoever for junior software developer, at the time I worked there I barely ever had a chance to speak to my direct manager. Very disorganized.

MediaMath Response

September 14, 2016SVP, Technology

Thanks for taking the time to provide us feedback about your time at MediaMath. We pride ourselves on having a culture that values personal and professional growth, soI am deeply disappointed that your time here did not provide you with the growth you sought. We want MediaMath to be the type of place that enables team members to create that ideal job they want, with the freedom and resources to grow into that job. We’re continuing to invest a lot behind this belief — with programs like our conference and training program, our 80 hour project, internal speaker series, and peer learning. We’re also taking this as an opportunity to reinforce our culture and values within management and ensure that a career progression is proactively planned for and encouraged for every single one of us. We train our managers to check in weekly with each direct report so that they can address blocks regularly and provide mentorship and long term planning. While I think that your experience was far from the norm, there is always more work to be done ensuring that this culture is applied enthusiastically on every team. -Wil

3. "Growing Pains"

Current Employee - Professional Services

I have been working at MediaMath full-time

Pros

Environment skewed towards learning and opportunity. Talent acquisition team is strong and continue to bring in good talent...whether the company can keep that talent is to be seen.

Cons

Growing pains feel especially acute. People are stretched.

"Great Place to Work"

5.0
    Former Employee - Client Services Lead in New York, NY

I worked at MediaMath full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I started my career off at MediaMath, with great people and was able to learn a ton of skills while having a ton of fun. MediaMath provided the opportunity to grow and take on leadership within teams to be able to expose yourself to all types of problems and issues, gaining invaluable experience. The culture there was great and everyone fully enjoyed the team they were on.

Cons

Too many team/org realignments, as well as disjointed communication and priority pipelines between departments. New leadership has been totally focused on this, but there was a lack of vision for a while.

5. "Mostly good things"

4.0
    Current Employee - Trading

I have been working at MediaMath full-time

Pros

There is lots of opportunity if you are okay working in a start up like culture.

Cons

Frequent changes in middle and senior management lead to disorganization and unclear direction.

"Friendly Environment with lots of good work"

4.0
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at MediaMath full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly Good Work Openness of ideas Relaxed work culture

Cons

Not yet public Too many higher management leaving

7. COVID-19

"Frustrating"

Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at MediaMath full-time for more than a year

Pros

-People are awesome. Made some of my best friends here & brilliant coworkers. -Culture was A+ before the pandemic & leadership switch -Pretty flexible, good work-life balance. Common in tech companies -Good opp to learn a lot if you apply yourself.

Cons

-SLT talks to employees but doesn't talk with them. Would be much better if they could have an honest discussion with their employees, especially in 2020, instead of being hush hush. -Tries to do too many things. Caters to whatever clients ask to make $; unfocused. -Cheap when it comes to salaries & bonuses. -Extremely difficult to get promoted unless you have a stellar manager. -Do not seem to care to retain the good folks. -Continuously compare themselves to a company that is public, makes 6x the revenue and has triple the manpower. It's not realistic. -Far too many re-orgs. -Some teams have a very toxic culture.

Continue reading

"In serious need of a jolt"

Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at MediaMath full-time

Pros

Great company culture and fluid communication between teams

Cons

Sputtering and really needs help to find a clear direction.

9. "Poor Management and Work Ethic"

Former Employee - Data Analyst in New York, NY
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at MediaMath full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people around the office are friendly

Cons

Management supported sales over accuracy and transparency. Additionally there is a culture of hiring cheaper employees over promoting from within.

10. "Room for Improvements"

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at MediaMath full-time

Pros

- Smart people - Good learning opportunity for more junior employees/people new to the industry

Cons

- Career growth is slow - Below market compensation - Apathetic culture - High attrition rate

Viewing 1 - 10 of 354 English Reviews