MediaMath Reviews

Found 359 of over 381 reviews

3.4
MediaMath CEO Joe Zawadzki
Joe Zawadzki
Pros
  • "They trust in their employees, and the work/life balance is really good(in 64 reviews)

• "flexibility , smart people, office view and food pantry(in 40 reviews)

• Cons
  • "All good problems - the company is growing so quickly that the dynamic environment can be hard to manage(in 14 reviews)

• "Some growing pains -- some instability due to several re-organizations over the past few years; way too many disparate technology stacks(in 12 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work with in terms of learning & growth

May 29, 2018 - Senior Specialist - Programmatic Strategy in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Learning Challenging role Unlimited work from home Open Culture Great People

Cons

None that I can call out

2. 2.0

mediamath review

Sep 9, 2016 -  in Hyderābād
      Business Outlook

Pros

big and established company, brand new office space in Financial District, some opportunity to travel as the company has global presence

Cons

No mentorship whatsoever for junior software developer, at the time I worked there I barely ever had a chance to speak to my direct manager. Very disorganized.

5 people found this review helpful

MediaMath Response

SVP, Technology

Thanks for taking the time to provide us feedback about your time at MediaMath. We pride ourselves on having a culture that values personal and professional growth, soI am deeply disappointed that your time here did not provide you with the growth you sought. We want MediaMath to be the type of place that enables team members to create that ideal job they want, with the freedom and resources to grow into that job. We’re continuing to invest a lot behind this belief — with programs like our conference and training program, our 80 hour project, internal speaker series, and peer learning. We’re also taking this as an opportunity to reinforce our culture and values within management and ensure that a career progression is proactively planned for and encouraged for every single one of us. We train our managers to check in weekly with each direct report so that they can address blocks regularly and provide mentorship and long term planning. While I think that your experience was far from the norm, there is always more work to be done ensuring that this culture is applied enthusiastically on every team. -Wil

3. 5.0

Solid Changes Happening!

Apr 14, 2021 - Site Reliability Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Paternity leave is a MONTH! PTO is super generous. Pay is super generous! Tons of freedom to creatively solve problems. CEO is fired up and believes MediaMath can be a winner in the market.

Cons

Like with any company, switching between teams can feel like switching between companies, and how effective you’ll be has a ton to do with how well you can gain the trust of the team you’re working within. Lots of cost cutting focus.

4. 1.0
      Former Employee

Just when you think it can’t get worse

Jun 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I had many great colleagues

Cons

I can’t imagine the recent positive reviews on this site for MediaMath are real. No one I know who works there feels that way. They are bleeding employees at a rapid rate. They haven’t given bonuses in over a year, and if you decide to leave and take your skillset elsewhere, they’ll try to sue you for your noncompete. They have done this to me and many others, and they will do it to you if you decide to leave for anyone they consider competitive. This is not a company who cares about you. This is a company in desperate times who is taking desperate measures.

5 people found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Current Employee

positive transformation

Jun 7, 2021 - People Team Member
      Business Outlook

Pros

new leadership team embracing transparency and solid vision for the future

Cons

as in any transformation, the journey can be bumpy

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Not all companies are good!

Jun 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great for people who want to learn and work in a high-paced environment. Good start for a junior or intern to gain real-world job experience. Diverse engineering teams.

Cons

The company follows 4P policy: Poor Work-Life Balance - No lunch, meetings all day. Open PTO is a lie Poor Salary - No bonus. No raise. Poor Tech - No room for innovation. Copy the competitors. Hire a bunch of contractors to focus on building things cheap and fast. Poor Management - Lack of compassion, empathy. Inexperienced with managing people.

3 people found this review helpful
    7. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good Company

May 25, 2021 - Director in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Increasing focus and clarity of leadership

Cons

Overcoming challenges from the past is a work in progress.

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

strong Adtech culture

Apr 27, 2021 - Sales in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

great local leadership. Global team managed Covid very well. Flexible working conditions and strong team culture.

Cons

lots of structural change over the 3 years I was there, did impact feeling of overall company health as some of these changes were not successful.

3 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0

Great Benefits

May 21, 2021 - Customer Success Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

They had a great cell plan stipend gym stipend free meals

Cons

I dont believe there are any cons

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Frustrating

Feb 2, 2021 - Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

-People are awesome. Made some of my best friends here & brilliant coworkers. -Culture was A+ before the pandemic & leadership switch -Pretty flexible, good work-life balance. Common in tech companies -Good opp to learn a lot if you apply yourself.

Cons

-SLT talks to employees but doesn't talk with them. Would be much better if they could have an honest discussion with their employees, especially in 2020, instead of being hush hush. -Tries to do too many things. Caters to whatever clients ask to make $; unfocused. -Cheap when it comes to salaries & bonuses. -Extremely difficult to get promoted unless you have a stellar manager. -Do not seem to care to retain the good folks. -Continuously compare themselves to a company that is public, makes 6x the revenue and has triple the manpower. It's not realistic. -Far too many re-orgs. -Some teams have a very toxic culture.

2 people found this review helpful