MediaMath Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 28 Mar 2020

3.8
MediaMath CEO Joe Zawadzki
Joe Zawadzki
Pros
  • "There is a good work-life balance - flexibility on working and great benefits and perks(in 61 reviews)

• "There are so many nice and smart people and teams you'll get to work with and meet(in 38 reviews)

Cons
  • "All good problems - the company is growing so quickly that the dynamic environment can be hard to manage(in 14 reviews)

• "This is a bigger issue than just growing pains(in 11 reviews)

"Great company to work with in terms of learning & growth"

Current Employee - Senior Specialist - Programmatic Strategy in Bangalore

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Learning Challenging role Unlimited work from home Open Culture Great People

Cons

None that I can call out

MediaMath2018-05-29

"mediamath review"

in Hyderābād

I worked at MediaMath

Pros

big and established company, brand new office space in Financial District, some opportunity to travel as the company has global presence

Cons

No mentorship whatsoever for junior software developer, at the time I worked there I barely ever had a chance to speak to my direct manager. Very disorganized.

MediaMath2016-09-09

MediaMath Response

September 14, 2016SVP, Technology

Thanks for taking the time to provide us feedback about your time at MediaMath. We pride ourselves on having a culture that values personal and professional growth, soI am deeply disappointed that your time here did not provide you with the growth you sought. We want MediaMath to be the type of place that enables team members to create that ideal job they want, with the freedom and resources to grow into that job. We’re continuing to invest a lot behind this belief — with programs like our conference and training program, our 80 hour project, internal speaker series, and peer learning. We’re also taking this as an opportunity to reinforce our culture and values within management and ensure that a career progression is proactively planned for and encouraged for every single one of us. We train our managers to check in weekly with each direct report so that they can address blocks regularly and provide mentorship and long term planning. While I think that your experience was far from the norm, there is always more work to be done ensuring that this culture is applied enthusiastically on every team. -Wil

Continue reading

"The best place to work!"

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for less than a year

Pros

You get to work with you friends, there's amazing company culture, flexible work hours and ability to work from home. I come from a very strict corporate culture and making the move to MediaMath has been a breath of fresh air. Everyone is so friendly and willing to teach you/answer any questions you have. It truly is a great place & I look forward to going to work every day.

Cons

None! I love working here

MediaMath2020-03-16

"Great work-life balance"

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for more than a year

Pros

MediaMath is a great company who looks after their employees. I feel blessed to be at a company which encourages you to have a life outside of work. The environment is welcoming and the people are amazing. One of my favorite things about MediaMath is the positive impact through MM.org. MediaMath allows employees to easily donate to organizations and causes they care about directly through their paycheck. Overall I believe in MediaMath's values and i think it is a great place to work.

Cons

Lack of diversity in Senior Level Positions and leadership roles - hiring a female CFO is an amazing step, but there needs to be more to empower women and other diversity groups

MediaMath2020-03-16
  5. ""Putting the Math back in MediaMath" - Where was it in the first place?"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at MediaMath full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Incredibly flexible unlimited PTO and WFH policies, great internal education and training resources. Young company with potential to be a 21st century pillar in marketing and advertising. Everything you see in these other reviews are true.

Cons

A majority of the five star ratings here are from Marketing Engineer Program participants - interns vying for a full-time position. For a company so reliant on tech, you would think there would be a solid Data Science department but there hasn't been for a while now. There isn't a dedicated lead for the company's Data vision, and without a centralized vision, the pipes start to rust and commercial teams have to work twice as hard. It's a coat of paint over rotted wood. Departments are siloed; that hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Contractors are brought in to rubber cement the thing together, but with the paint falling off the wood and the wood falling apart, it's all just to get to the end of the FY.

MediaMath2020-03-28
  6. "Get paid to complete your Master's in Advertising Technology"

Current Employee - Program Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for less than a year

Pros

Summary: World Class Advertising Technology bootcamp with 2 iterations of role rotations, classroom training, and A LOT of networking opportunities within MediaMath as a company and the industry in general. Skill Development: There's really not a lot of resources to learn about Ad-tech out there on the internet. The main way people break into this field is with an entry level job. This program acts as a career accelerator in that it intensively condenses 2-3 years of industry knowledge into 3 months and can place you into jobs accordingly. Networking: We would travel to other company's offices to learn about what they do and representatives from other companies would come to the office to speak with/recruit us to work for them. There were daily events for us to learn from MediaMath employees and frequent social events for us to connect more casually. MEP was in its 11th iteration and alumni of the program are leaders in the small ad-tech community and will continue to be. Role Rotations: After hearing from everyone in the organization, you're given the opportunity to work as an apprentice for a month on the team of your choosing. This culminates in a presentation of what you've learned back to the cohort. After completing your first rotation, you do a second. It was very helpful when choosing what jobs to apply to at the end of the program. Community: Highly selective program not based upon previous ad-tech experience, so interesting people come from a variety of backgrounds. The internal team running the program is great at training you with industry skills but also building community in the group. Those that return to MediaMath full-time have a close friend group across various parts of the organization Perks: The office at 4 World Trade Center is the envy of all my friends. With floor to ceiling windows you have a panoramic view of Manhattan from anywhere in the office. More importantly, the kitchen comes fully stocked with all the snacks and drinks (even the alcoholic kind) that a high end convenience store would have- ALL AT NO CHARGE.

Cons

Salary: A standardized $15 dollar per hour salary leaves something to be desired when working in downtown Manhattan. However, since this is much more an education program than a job, the fact that you're getting paid at all is nice. You are auditioning for a new position: You are not automatically hired at the end of the program. Working hard, being open to learn, and seeking a position there are openings for all contribute to whether or not you will get another position at MediaMath. If not, many companies in the space see MEP as a valuable experience.

MediaMath2020-03-03
  7. "MediaMath is great again"

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

MediaMath has had its ups and downs, but Konrad, our new President, has come in and made a really strong impact. He's let go of a lot of our dead weight, making strong decisions, and hiring a so-far-so-great CFO. Our tech org is coming together nicely, our pod structure sets our client services teams up for success - things are looking bright. MediaMath has been a great place to work for me. They go above and beyond to reward high performers and really do take care of the people who work hard and care. Good people, good snacks, great work culture, strong benefits, gorgeous HQ, lots of freedom & autonomy. They trust in their employees, and the work/life balance is really good.

Cons

It's not perfect, but they've weeded out a lot of the mean and incompetent people. Career pathing could be better: there's not much opportunity for growth at a certain point.

MediaMath2020-03-03
  8. "Going in the right direction"

Current Employee - N/A

I have been working at MediaMath full-time

Pros

Great flexibility and benefits. Great people. Finally starting to see more and more teams get on the same page, which was much needed. There is a strong vision and it is exciting to be here on the ground working hard together to make it happen, with great talented colleagues.

Cons

We need to keep focused on follow-through and executing what is planned. Good progress, but more needed.

9. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at MediaMath full-time

Pros

Great Place to Work. I love it

Cons

Nothing i can think of

MediaMath2020-03-02
  10. "Exciting company and caring colleagues"

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

MediaMath is a really great place to create and pursue new opportunities or projects/roles that you find interesting. People are always willing to take their time and go the extra mile to help you with a question/task. This isn't a company that sticks with the status quo but is rather always challenging it and thinking of new ways to improve.

Cons

No major cons at this time.

MediaMath2020-02-25