MediaMath Reviews

Found 369 of over 391 reviews

3.3
MediaMath CEO Joe Zawadzki
Joe Zawadzki
Pros
  • "They trust in their employees, and the work/life balance is really good(in 64 reviews)

• "flexibility , smart people, office view and food pantry(in 40 reviews)

• Cons
  • "All good problems - the company is growing so quickly that the dynamic environment can be hard to manage(in 14 reviews)

• "Some growing pains -- some instability due to several re-organizations over the past few years; way too many disparate technology stacks(in 12 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work with in terms of learning & growth

May 29, 2018 - Senior Specialist - Programmatic Strategy in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Learning Challenging role Unlimited work from home Open Culture Great People

Cons

None that I can call out

2. 2.0

mediamath review

Sep 9, 2016 -  in Hyderābād
      Business Outlook

Pros

big and established company, brand new office space in Financial District, some opportunity to travel as the company has global presence

Cons

No mentorship whatsoever for junior software developer, at the time I worked there I barely ever had a chance to speak to my direct manager. Very disorganized.

5 people found this review helpful

MediaMath Response

SVP, Technology

Thanks for taking the time to provide us feedback about your time at MediaMath. We pride ourselves on having a culture that values personal and professional growth, soI am deeply disappointed that your time here did not provide you with the growth you sought. We want MediaMath to be the type of place that enables team members to create that ideal job they want, with the freedom and resources to grow into that job. We’re continuing to invest a lot behind this belief — with programs like our conference and training program, our 80 hour project, internal speaker series, and peer learning. We’re also taking this as an opportunity to reinforce our culture and values within management and ensure that a career progression is proactively planned for and encouraged for every single one of us. We train our managers to check in weekly with each direct report so that they can address blocks regularly and provide mentorship and long term planning. While I think that your experience was far from the norm, there is always more work to be done ensuring that this culture is applied enthusiastically on every team. -Wil

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company!

Oct 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company with plenty of opportunity for growth.

Cons

None come to mind at the moment.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to work!

Sep 9, 2021 - Client Success Director in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Growth opportunities, camaraderie, learning and development

Cons

None that I can think of

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good

Aug 29, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great office environment at WTC Unlimited PTO All kinds of free food & happy hour Work life Balance

Cons

Overall is really good, the only thing I can think of would be culture not that diverse.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great company

Aug 24, 2021 - Senior USer Researcher in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Teams work quickly and are focused on the same goals.

Cons

Product teams are still maturing.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Must Love Math

Aug 18, 2021 - Director in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Mathletes are incredibly supportive. From day-to-day, 1:1 interactions to investing in corporate training programs, we care about each others success. We're working on solving tough problems and everyone in the organization plays a role in finding solutions.

Cons

If you don't love tech, you may find this a challenging place to succeed. Mathletes are technically inclined and for those not interested in learning, that will be a constant barrier to exceeding in your role. 'Obsess. over growth' is a true company value we uphold.

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great learning opportunities, great people, less than stellar corporate vision

Aug 31, 2021 - Client Service Associate in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people Great clients Great learning opportunities

Cons

Lack of work life balance unrealistic expectations of employees Less than stellar senior leadership

9. 4.0
      Former Employee

Good place for young professionals

Aug 5, 2021 - Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are ample opportunities for ownership, and there are a lot of other young professionals. There is also a fun culture and global presence that makes the job fun.

Cons

Experience at MM highly depends on the location and team you're on, and the manager you have. I loved the location, liked the team, and disliked my boss. It was a mixed bag.

10. 2.0
      Former Employee

Used to be awesome, sad what has happened. Not sure there is much left here.

Aug 11, 2021 - Product Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

-The people, especially on the “ground floor” so to speak, who actually do all the work were generally great. Lots of genuine friendships were built and everyone collaborated to solve problems. You learned a lot from each other and it felt like one big team, from sales and service through to product and engineering. -Fairly flexible with work from home/PTO. -It was good for younger people early in their career. There were lots of opportunities for advancement and ownership, especially in the first 3-5 years if you were willing to put yourself out there. Made for a rapid learning curve for newer people. Could get on new projects or even move into completely different teams with new role.

Cons

- It’s hard to pinpoint the exact reasons but the company has struggled over the last few years. They have been bleeding clients and top talent. This leads to a negative cycle of constantly being forced to pinch pennies (lack of promotions/raises/bonuses), being short staffed (high attrition, slow to approve backfills and hire), and reacting to client issues instead of driving towards a strong product vision (late nights and weekends plugging holes, most clients are already frustrated with their experience with the product and every issue is framed as urgent in fear of losing another client). That pressure is felt from management on down across all teams. -The companies strength used to be its culture and people, but most left over the last few years (though there still are some great people here, like at any company). Instead of a strong vibrant culture, with lots of good people encouraging each other, most people are looking to move on to greener pastures. -The company’s strategy to combat increasingly high employee attrition has been to turn to legal action against employees trying to leave, perhaps out of necessity, instead of looking to fix the issues causing attrition. This is an incredibly negative experience and further fuels the cycle leading the company down its current path. There isn’t much of a precedent for this in our industry and especially not for employees below executive level. It’s a shame a relatively junior employee may be subjected to this. -Awkward market position/financing. They aren’t large enough to do what they want, but act like a company that is, as if they do 10x their current business. Most other independent adtech companies at this size have been forced to merge or be acquired in order to avoid going out of business or to appease investors. I would have to imagine that is on the horizon for MediaMath, too much outside capital has been invested in a struggling business which isn’t producing results.

2 people found this review helpful