MediaMath Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated Nov 4, 2019

3.6
MediaMath CEO Joe Zawadzki
Joe Zawadzki
Pros
  • "Work/life balance is also a major draw card; the work environment is very flexible(in 59 reviews)

• "Amazing collection of smart people, focused on a common goal(in 38 reviews)

Cons
  • "All good problems - the company is growing so quickly that the dynamic environment can be hard to manage(in 14 reviews)

• "Growing pains, recent re-organization led to more politics in inter-group relations;(in 10 reviews)

"Great company to work with in terms of learning & growth"

Current Employee - Senior Specialist - Programmatic Strategy in Bangalore

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Learning Challenging role Unlimited work from home Open Culture Great People

Cons

None that I can call out

MediaMath2018-05-29

"mediamath review"

in Hyderābād

I worked at MediaMath

Pros

big and established company, brand new office space in Financial District, some opportunity to travel as the company has global presence

Cons

No mentorship whatsoever for junior software developer, at the time I worked there I barely ever had a chance to speak to my direct manager. Very disorganized.

Advice to Management

Instead of spending lots of energy focusing on the company's perception on the outside try to get to know people that report to you.

MediaMath2016-09-09

"Look at other options"

I have been working at MediaMath full-time

Pros

Good office locations but that’s about it

Cons

The Managment and HR are completely misaligned with what’s happening in the company, furthermore they are highly unprofessional. Every few years there is a restructure and really anyone or everyone who has an option outside has left, surprising the HR and Managment fails to acknowledge this! HR is probably the most incompetent I have seen ( you can find this consistently across other glassdoor reviews).... Inexperienced and incapable people are promoted and hired instead of growing internal talent.

Advice to Management

Clean up your HR and managers in UK ! There is no work life balance ( outside US). The company is struggling and given mediamath underpays vs it’s competitors the least you can do is appreciate your employees so they stay.

MediaMath2019-11-05

"Great company! Great hiring processes and good exposure"

Current Employee - Programmatic

I have been working at MediaMath full-time

Pros

The hiring process was one of the best that I have encountered. HR was very responsive to all the questions that I had. The company really emphasizes on learning and growth and it feels like you are working in the company of some of the brightest minds in the ad tech industry. My interview process was pretty rigorous and that shows how invested the company is in hiring future employees. I had applied online and... received an interview call from HR. Once the phone conversation was over I was sent a data set to analyze and present my thoughts on. The next round was a 3-hour interview process that included a ppt presentation to a panel followed by 4 one-on-ones. Enjoyed talking to everyone as it helped me understand more about Mediamath and its company culture. Love the company and would highly recommend it to anyone interested in the ad tech industry.

Cons

None that I can think of!

Advice to Management

Great stuff! We feel happy to be lead by such visionaries!

MediaMath2019-09-25

"Learned a lot"

Former Employee - Engagement Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at MediaMath full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great learning experience, smart employees

Cons

Weak upper management, long hours, slow promotion process

MediaMath2019-10-02

"Downward trend in employee growth and retention"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Leadership is not decentralised and so are the growth opportunities in regions outside the US.

Cons

Heavy Top Management and very US-oriented

MediaMath2019-09-23

"HR and Sales leads a mess"

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at MediaMath full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexibility and learning opportunities

Cons

HR is not well prepared, there are kids leading the processes and conversations very unprofessional. Not a real global company, they only care about NY office.

Advice to Management

Put key well prepared people in main roles. If you say you are a global company, BE a global company. HR changes ASAP.

MediaMath2019-08-21

"Never ending growing pains"

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

For the most part, the people at MediaMath are great. Hard-working, courteous, avid learners, etc. There are always a few bad apples that can spoil the bunch. The offices are well-maintained and beautiful, the snacks are good, and the flexibility to WFH or run errands, basically live life when it happens, is amazing.

Cons

MediaMath is literally constantly changing something. There is a re-org at least 2 times a year; directives on projects that take a long time to plan and execute are constantly changing. The values are constantly changing. The executive team and other leaders are constantly changing. It makes feeling motivated to do anything difficult and worse, it makes you feel like the work you have put in has been for naught.... There are a ton of great ideas at this company, but not enough people to execute, not enough resources dedicated to executing, and too much emphasis on collaborating. It can literally take over a month to get a simple ask approved because about 16 different people need to weigh in. It's a wonder the company has survived this long.

Advice to Management

Take a closer look at your high-functioning teams - even if they aren't the revenue generating ones. The teams that have stable leadership and deliver consistent results. Pick those folks' brains for a chance. You might just find a lot of wisdom.

MediaMath2019-05-09

"Great place to work!"

I worked at MediaMath full-time

Pros

- Extremely intelligent group of people who are always happy to help each other - Great culture with regular team outings and and impromptu events - There are many departments in the company so there is always something new to learn - Flexible working arrangements - Highly respected company - Strong relationship with all clients and industry peers

Cons

Nothing I can think of.

MediaMath2019-05-13

"Think about your other options"

Former Employee - Management in New York, NY

I worked at MediaMath full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

MediaMath is a 10+ year old startup that still requires investment capital. Why? If you look at ad tech's growth and MediaMath's competitors set, they should be profitable and in a growth trajectory. What will you learn joining this company? You might get the opportunity to fix internal processes, save an account, fill in tech gaps with human power, try different roles, and meet smart people. If you like working... for an underdog company, this could be a good fit. You will always be up against Google or other companies that have stronger engineering talent. If you like having constant change, this might also be a good fit. There are reorgs almost every year or reorgs still carrying on from the last reorg. Adtech is always changing and companies like MediaMath need to adapt to both trends and changing political climates.

Cons

If you are coming from a more established technology company and you are not looking for an aging startup environment, this will likely disappoint you. You are used to larger organizations with smart people who make logical decisions. There are checks and balances that keep large orgs with good products and market viability in a positive trajectory. This is not that. Instead of making decisions on behalf of future... success, many people in power like to go on power trips and set up the company to fail. Read other reviews here. Do your research in the ad tech space. Look at the companies that grow year over year. Dollars are flowing to the companies that have viable solutions for advertisers. Also look into what type of investments ad tech companies take. Some go public (IPO), some get venture capital, some take private equity. Those investments are not all equal. This information is available with a quick Google search. Do you want to work long hours, make meaningful changes in your small sector of responsibility, and be a positive change agent but never receive any praise or reward? You might enjoy it here. MediaMath is medium sized business. That gives senior leadership an unhealthy amount of power. They are a group of like minded individuals that like each other and their own ideas. They do not like outsiders. They do not like to hear constructive criticism. They are quick to adopt a trend or mindset without deep thinking. The middle manager sector of the company is large and unwieldy. Do talk to current or ex employees. Do the same for other ad tech companies. Ad tech firms are struggling as most marketing dollars go to the top three companies. Be aware of double-speak in your interviews. Are they just talking to talk? Are they saying anything of value in succinct sentences?

MediaMath2019-04-19