MultiCare Health System Reviews

Found 552 of over 582 reviews

3.7
MultiCare Health System President and CEO Bill Robertson
Bill Robertson
Pros
  • "They provide fair salaries and good benefits(in 21 reviews)

• "Good pay and benefits for a new graduate nurse(in 21 reviews)

• Cons
  • "It takes away from quality patient care(in 17 reviews)

• "the only con is we were sometimes short staffed(in 12 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year
      Featured Review

Great Place

25 May 2021 - Medical Assistant in Puyallup, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Teamwork and leadership, co-workers

Cons

Upwards job growth, time off, pto, locations

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good

30 Apr 2020 - Account Manager in Chennai
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice Good Can learn more improvement

Cons

There is no much cons Overall good

3. 5.0
      Current Employee

Overall a great company to work for that truly cares about its' employees.

18 May 2021 - Buyer in Tacoma, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible scheduling, time off is always approved provided you have coverage + hours in your PTO bank, remote working options, fun events throughout the year (e.g. we recently had an affordable, virtual streaming concert evening benefiting the community) and healthy@work programs which results in free self-health insurance through MultiCare plans.

Cons

- Decisions that affect our department processes are usually made at the higher management levels and could be improved by including the involved staff's knowledge from the start or by rounding with all departments affected by the change. I do recognize that MultiCare has improved in this area the last few years. - Healthcare personal choices, like the covid-19 vaccine, are being heavily pushed on a weekly basis which is unnerving as an employee. Per our American right I can refuse any vaccine if my health proves it is not necessary to my long-term healthcare plan; my healthcare choices are HIPPA confidential between my doctor and myself. In my opinion, all those with health risks should vaccinate themselves privately to ensure their personal safety, but even the at-risk have that right to choose to refuse treatment privately. An employer should not pressure or publicize our healthcare choices and while they've promised not to terminate non-vaccinated employees these notices feel more threatening as time goes on.

4. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great Clinicians with short sighted management

11 Jun 2021 - Hospice Chaplain in Tacoma, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The clinicians that I work with in hospice are incredible. I’ve heard it said that “You don’t go looking to work in hospice, but hospice finds you”. I have been proud to work alongside my colleagues; colleagues who were “found by hospice” for about 15 years. You can teach people how to work in hospice, but you cannot teach them the heart of hospice. My teammates have the heart of hospice.

Cons

Unfortunately we have a history of high turnover of management. Each manager comes with their own brand and we recreate the wheel. I think they must leave because I do not believe that hospice is well supported, or a high enough priority within the larger multicare system. They are unaware of the jewel that they have and have missed many opportunities.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Local Employer

6 Apr 2021 - Program Manager in Tacoma, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

MultiCare is a local health system that is dedicated to the community it serves and those the it employs. While no system is perfect they continuously try to maintain high standard in patient care. They also recognize that they have to take care of those on the front lines to make sure that patients get the right care. They try to remain competitive in compensation and benefits while being fiscally responsible so that they can continue to grow. The upper level leadership truly believes in their core values. In my experience they look for ways to move people up when it is appropriate.

Cons

Like most larger systems or employers connecting the dots between decisions made at the C suite levels and the perception of the front line staff doing the work can be challenging. Sometimes leaders forget that staff needs to know the why to better understand and get on board. Keeping pay rates competitive is a challenge in this market.

6. 4.0

Mental Health Tech. position

10 Jun 2021 - Mental Health Technician
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, good work environment at ABHU

Cons

Lack of benefits for part-time workers

7. 4.0

Rn

10 Jun 2021 - Registered Nurse in Tacoma, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Strong union in place for protection

Cons

Top heavy administration style in place

8. 2.0

Unofficial Motto: Hurry Up and Wait

17 Jun 2021 - Network Engineer in Tacoma, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Providers really care about their patients and a lot of effort is put into making sure the patient has a good experience.

Cons

Organization and logic is an after thought.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great Benefits... Favoritism is prevalent.

24 May 2021 - Network Analyst in Tacoma, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Healthcare options are good. Pay is on par for the area. PTO accrual is 9+ hours per 2 weeks.

Cons

Management shows favoritism for those who do favors outside of work for their personal life. It’s a “good ol boys club” environment. If you don’t fit in personality wise, you will be blacklisted.

10. 4.0

Fine to work for

9 Jun 2021 - ARNP in Tacoma, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

benefits. consistent schedule. no holidays.

Cons

it's our healthcare system, which is challenging

Viewing 1 - 10 of 552 Reviews