MultiCare Health System Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

3.1
MultiCare Health System President and CEO Bill Robertson
Bill Robertson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • They're expanding and have a great benefits package (in 13 reviews)

• they offers a very good benefits (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • More focus on revenue than patient care (in 13 reviews)

• No work-life balance for salaried employees (in 6 reviews)

1. "Multicare is great"

Current Employee - Nutrition Assistant
    Current Employee - Nutrition Assistant

I have been working at MultiCare Health System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Atmosphere among staff in nutrition is great, everyone is so nice, including the supervisors. Benefits are awesome if you can get them. Pay is competitive

Cons

Overtime is hardly ever authorized. Frequently short staffed. Hard to get full time position, as there aren't many available, and people don't want to leave.

Advice to Management

Not that they will see this, but management seems to focus on budget more than anything else. This makes not only the employees, but the patients suffer as well. It makes us have to rush, and not spend enough time listening to patient concerns, and leads to mistakes, that can equal more work, and waste time, and money. If you want people to stay, don't over work them, it creates a high turnover rate, which continually makes you short staffed, and the process starts again.

2. "Anonymous"

I have been working at MultiCare Health System full-time

Pros

Wonderful collaborative culture to be in

Cons

Current growth pace is tough to support

3. "Receptionist"

I worked at MultiCare Health System full-time

Pros

Good company, Staff, and pateints

Cons

Becoming more corporate than caring

Advice to Management

None

4. "Overall, good for gaining experience and contributing to the community, but the work can be stressful."

Current Employee - Housekeeper in Puyallup, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Housekeeper in Puyallup, WA (US)

I have been working at MultiCare Health System (Less than a year)

Pros

They pay well even if you don't have experience , sometimes you can receive a good job email, and you are giving back to your community.

Cons

Your work is never done, duties can be repetitive, stressful environment, and can be hard on the body.

"Don't waste your time here."

Current Employee - RN, Bsn in North Puyallup, WA (US)
    Current Employee - RN, Bsn in North Puyallup, WA (US)

I have been working at MultiCare Health System full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some of the nurses here are wonderful people. They work hard and are very dedicated.

Cons

As another reviewer said, "Because its a union company, it is hard to flush out lazy employees." I would add that everyone seems to walk on eggshells at MC. They seem afraid to speak up about lazy employees and those not doing their jobs. Management seems very concerned about what patients think ...but much less concerned about those giving the care. Time for a flush out of time wasters and lazy under producers. If staff wasn't so afraid to speak up maybe some of the recent events at GS wouldn't have happened.

Advice to Management

Really look at what is going on. Who is producing and who is taking up space. Take care of your good employees and they will make your patients happy. It is a trickle down. Hire the best people to do the best work. Create an environment where people aren't afraid to speak up about what they see.

6. "Nutrition Assistant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA (US)

I have been working at MultiCare Health System full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Competitive pay, excellent benefits, union

Cons

Several departments outsourced, trying to freeze pay

7. "HR Dept."

Former Employee - Human Resources in Tacoma, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Tacoma, WA (US)

I worked at MultiCare Health System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The job and it's tasks themselves are great. Some great people work there!

Cons

Management and hire ups are not there to change anything or listen to anyone, even though they'd like to tell you they are. Only out for themselves.

Advice to Management

Treat it like an HR dept. and a respectful work place. Even though it's part of a hospital and medical company. A HR is just that, a HR dept. Be substantially more transparent. Treat everyone equally no matter what age, sex, race, and length of employment.

MultiCare Health System Response

19 Apr 2018 – Recruiting Associate

From our CEO to our front-line supervisors, all MultiCare leaders are expected to role model respect and inclusion. We offer several options for employees to report behaviors they feel do not... More

8. "Per Diem Float for Urgent Care"

Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Tacoma, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Tacoma, WA (US)

I have been working at MultiCare Health System part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Have not had any issues and my Supervisor is very supportive and flexible. I am a float and my schedule can get a little hectic but my supervisor and i are in constant contact to make sure that our schedules match. If i have issues with other employees i am able to voice my concerns and be heard

Cons

There are no cons of a professional nature.

"ARNP"

Current Employee - ARNP in Spokane, WA (US)
    Current Employee - ARNP in Spokane, WA (US)

I have been working at MultiCare Health System full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

So far, everything sounds good. We remain optimistic.
    Hoping Multicare values experienced advanced practice providers - $50K tuition reimbursement for new grads is great, but what about retaining the loyal, experienced folks that didn't jump ship, the ones that stayed through the hard times because we felt an obligation to our community, our organization? APP salaries need to be increased to fair market level - over the years we have been asked to be patient, be patient... hopefully we won't be waiting too much longer.

Cons

So far, no cons, we remain hopeful.

Advice to Management

Don't forget the folks who kept healthcare facilities afloat these last several years. If pay increases can not be substantial, then flexibility is a must. Most of us have sacrificed our families and leisure for work, we need a balance.

"Human Resources needs oversight by ceo"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA (US)

I have been working at MultiCare Health System full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

5 words must be entered. Otherwise no pros

Cons

HR staff are detached, uncaring, unfriendly, unhelpful. Absolutely no effort to help employees and seem bothered if you contact them will refer you to some even more unhelpful link where you can click and send a message - then you get generic response. Who monitors HR and why aren’t care line and providers surveyed about their experience w HR?

Advice to Management

Change leadership in HR and require HR staff to have respect and regard for employees just as ALL employees are expected to be respectful and helpful whenever possible to others they work with. I have never seen a worse HR. Totally unconcerned about employees