Ocean Spray Reviews

Updated 4 Jun 2021

3.7
Ocean Spray Chief Executive Officer  Tom Hayes
Tom Hayes
Pros
  • "In most departments, employees are encouraged to maintain a healthy work-life balance(in 29 reviews)

• "Ocean Spray has been a great company to work for, good pay, good benefits but the best thing has been the people I get to work with every day(in 17 reviews)

• Cons
  • "An "old boys club" mentality pervades, especially from upper management and Ocean Spray lifers, with very few women among senior leadership(in 10 reviews)

• "Management, schedule changes, work/life balance(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years
      Featured Review

Exciting and dynamic place to work and grow your career

24 Oct 2020 - Senior Manager in Lakeville, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great local company owned by Cranberry Growers, that has continued to evolve and reinvent itself over the last 90 years Focus on products that promote health and wellness Environment of innovation Values driven, collaborative culture Dedicated, loyal, hard working team members

Cons

None that come to mind

2 people found this review helpful
    2. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Racist and narrow minded leadership

16 Apr 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Stability and good work life balance

Cons

Extremely limited growth opportunities especially for people of color

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 5.0

"All In" on Ocean Spray

14 Apr 2021 - Senior Principal Packaging Engineer in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I check Glassdoor comments from time to time to see what is being said about my company, and other companies I follow. I now feel compelled to give a sincere shout out about Ocean Spray, and let anyone looking for a refresh in their career to very strongly consider being a part of this organization...it will not disappoint! This company's turn around has been very exciting to be a part of! So many good things happening here at Ocean Spray recently to talk about, starting at the top with a new CEO that is humble, listens, does what he says he is going to do, providing the groundwork for anyone and everyone to succeed , and is truly working to make Ocean Spray relevant for the next generation. We just heard the long range plan for company, and the company is planning to grow and compete on many different levels. After spending a good chunk of my career with a larger CPG company, this is a perfect fit for me, not to mention I get to work for a co-op that values our farmer owners and not our stockholders. A whole new set of priorities!! I get to work on exciting innovation projects (can't believe we just launched a CBD product into the market...yeah check out Carryon ), have opportunities for exposure to the leadership team, and feel my opinions matter and my voice is heard.

Cons

I would have written cons 2 years ago, and had a hard time recommending Ocean Spray to friends (and even a family member) that were interested in open positions here at that time, as I was not confident in the future. I started networking and exploring fallback options in the event of a sell off our job cut (even dabbling in a consulting option). All good things to do for contingency planning, but those plans are now tucked away for another day.

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Turned it around

18 May 2021 - Analyst in Lakeville, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

great people, summer Fridays, leadership is interested in feedback

Cons

long hours, no work life balance

5. 1.0
      Current Employee

Acts as if they listen but they don't

4 Jun 2021 - Tech
      Business Outlook

Pros

Only pros is availability of benefits

Cons

Management doesn't step in to help direct reports when they are struggling, though they claim that they will listen to feedback and act on it. It is all a hypocrisy. Management has no empathy and some of the employees are rude.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A great time to be at Ocean Spfay

2 Feb 2021 - Manager in Lakeville, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve been with OSC for over two years now and we have seen a lot of change. Not all of it has been easy, but the recent 8 months has been amazing. Our new CEO, Tom, has brought fun back along with transparency. Team members are finally being listened to and their opinions are being sought. So excited about what the future brings.

Cons

Still working on where we are heading as an organization. The vision is there though. Overall compensation is great. Benefits meets needs and there some that are stand-out.

3 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0

Cranberries

30 Apr 2021 - Operations Manager in Lakeville, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cranberries taste good and I like eating them.

Cons

There's a bit of sugar in the products.

8. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Ocean Spray review

26 May 2021 - Manager in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Farmer owned cooperative sets the company apart

Cons

Constantly changing leadership has impacted culture

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

A sad shell of its former glory

29 May 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Middleborough, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

It was a beautiful campus and had a family feel

Cons

The executives sold their souls to the devil and forgot what made the company great

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great, progressive company

14 Mar 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Inclusive and diverse benefits package for those in any life stage - from family planning to senior care. At corporate, a work week is 37.5 hours instead of 40. Many ERGs and opportunities for learning and development. Grower talks to learn more about our farmer-owners.

Cons

Advancement may be a little limited because the company is not as big as you'd expect.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 254 Reviews