Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

4.2
Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • 1 health insurance, fun activities every year such as the fall party, National Payroll Week and more (in 40 reviews)

• They always bring catered lunches from good restaurants for lunch that cost only (in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life-balance is a challenge at Paycom (in 63 reviews)

• However they reward you for the hard work ethic (in 34 reviews)

"This is hard to write, but..."

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

The sense of community is astounding. I love my coworkers and enjoy getting to work with them every day. The benefits are also hard to compete with, which is why I am still with the company.

Cons

There is a lot going on in one of our client facing departments. They are currently requiring members on these teams to have their phones on DND no more than 1 hour a day which is great for clients, but not so great for our team members. 6 employees were just fired for cheating the system. Instead of Paycom taking a step back and asking themselves why their employees felt the need to do what they did, they fired 6 individuals who collectively, had several years of experience behind them. Which honestly, is something they cannot afford.
    There is also a current issue with training. It's not enough. It's paid, onsite training, but with the amount of stuff you're required to get done in a day, things start slipping through the cracks. You cannot take care of the customers without the proper training. (You also shouldn't fire 6 people that do actually know what they're doing).
    Paycom seems to think anyone is expendable. "Fire 6 people, no big deal. We'll just hire someone who we think will do a good job even though they haven't been here but 6 months or have no business leading a team." seems to be the slogan of our managers as of late.

Advice to Management

This company is falling apart from the inside out. We win all these awards and sometimes, I'm not sure how. Sure, we're compensated nicely and you give us gifts every month, but the way some of us are treated is almost inhumane. We are not expendable. We put time, value and money into getting to know this company and into doing our jobs. No gift you give me is going to make up for the fact that the amount of stuff I have to do in a single day takes me away from my family.. stress is so much, it often makes me sick. You're probably going to respond and tell me this company may not be the best fit for me, and that's fine. But hopefully someone else will see what I'm saying and make the decision to stay away from this place until our executives have figured out what it is they want to do, and have figured out a better way to achieve it than by bullying their current employees.

24 Aug 2017 – Representative

We’re happy to hear that you feel a sense of community at Paycom. We believe in the value of our employees and what we can all accomplish together. We understand that as the company changes and... More

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Team Leader
    Current Employee - Team Leader

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Good opportunities for personal and professional growth.
    - Management that listens to your concerns and genuinely wants to help.
    - Surrounded by employees that work hard to get better every day.
    - $4 Catered Lunches
    - Competitive Compensation

Cons

- Due to the nature of the industry, there isn't extended time off towards the end of the year.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

14 Dec 2017 – Representative

"Client Relations Representative"

Current Employee - Client Relations Representative in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Client Relations Representative in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company culture is incredible. Everyone that you work with has an amazing attitude, and wants to help you succeed. Management is incredibly supportive, and you get to work with an amazing executive team. You get to manage your own schedule, while helping clients find actual solutions. I am able to create my own success, and am supported by a full department/team. The work is rewarding, and you're able to go far if you're willing to work for it!

Cons

I've seen reviews mentioning a con about the work-life balance, however this is something that is easily managed in this role. With the CRR position, you create your own schedule to meet with your clients. With any job you have to find balance, and yes some days I work late but other days I'm able to leave early for work events with the team! If you have supportive people in your life, that want to see you succeed, then you'll easily be able to have work-life balance.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Each manager that I've worked with has done a great job of managing in the best way for each of their employees.

7 Dec 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and for sharing your experience with Paycom.

5. "Why I love my job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Paycom is truly a place with so much room for growth and development. Over my 3 years here I have gotten over 6 raises which has given me the opportunity to lead myself and others as I continue to grow. I also am so thankful how inexpensive our healthcare is. This past year I had to unexpectedly have a major surgery and because my healthcare was so affordable it allowed me to not worry about everything being covered with me just having to pay a minimum amount. Huge stress reliever. The culture at Paycom is incredible and I have met some wildly talented people here over the years that have taught me so much and helped drive me to do more than I thought possible.

Cons

Some negatives include not being able to take off around the holidays due to the busy season, not having flex time, and the recent removal of our year end party.

Advice to Management

My biggest piece of advice is for management to listen more to the employees that are doing the job everyday and make sure and get their input before making big decisions about changing something about our day to day work. There are some pretty incredible people here and listening to what they have to say will truly benefit the entire organization and make Paycom and even greater place to work.

"Best job I've ever had"

Current Employee - Software Development Manager in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Software Development Manager in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Rewarding work , Great compensation, Great Benefits, Employer who takes care of you.

Cons

Requires hard work, not really a con for me but some people are afraid of it.

Advice to Management

As we continue to grow please remember what brought Paycom so far.

7 Dec 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and sharing your experience at Paycom!

"Great Company / Great People"

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Upper management really cares about their employees. You immediately feel like part of the team. Your ideas are always welcome for ways to improve your role, processes, etc. The CEO has gone to great lengths to provide for its employees via benefits like affordable health insurance, lunches, a gym, etc. Work life balance is awesome. They try to promote within. It's growing so fast you can sleep easy knowing you are set for a while.

Cons

$4 lunches need more variety but for the price it's nothing to get too worked up over.

No maternity or paternity leave.

Vacation time isn't great since you have to wait 90 days to use it and you have to accrue it. Should be able to use it right away or accuse faster.

No onsite daycare or a way to buy stamps.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, and maybe consider evolving your policies a bit to keep up with millennial.

7 Dec 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and sharing your experience at Paycom. We value your feedback and will share it with the management team.

8. "This will be the best job you will get if you’re a hard worker"

Current Employee - Paycom Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Paycom Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is honestly the best job i think I’ll ever have. The benefits are amazing and the pay is more than i ever thought I could get. BE WARNED this job is hard. Never in my life have i had so much stress. That’s the reason why it pays so well. Be prepared to be stressed everyday and have heavy daily work loads and have new procedures constantly thrown at you from management. But guess what it’s your job so you either adapt or you don’t make it. You have to go into this job knowing it’s a potential career. You can’t wake up every day and barely slide through this and then complain that things aren’t fair. You have to be 100% everyday and you will be held accountable for every action you make. I took the job when i found out that my wife and I were having our first child and this job has provided so much for my family. The relationship you develop are amazing and the team atmosphere is very supportive. I’ve had issues with this position when i started to where I didn’t think was going to make it. But my team leader and supervisor stepped in and made sure that i felt wanted and supported.

Cons

This job is crazy hard. The stress you take home can really affect your outside of work relationships if you let it. Constantly trying to adapt.

Advice to Management

Get better at setting up specialist for success. Stop assigning extra projects that only prolong issues and make employees more stressed out.

7 Dec 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and feedback. As we've communicated in the past, Paycom is growing fast and we understand this can cause some stress as we continue to innovate and stretch to make sure... More

"Transition Specialist Representative"

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

The people are amazing! The culture that Paycom has built and the common bond that you are able to build throughout all departments is not comparable to any other work environment. We are constantly working to grow and improve not only as a business initiative but on a professional and personal standpoint as well.

Cons

I do not have any at this time

Advice to Management

Continue to make positive changes. Gather feedback and listen to it.

22 Nov 2017 – Paycom Representative

"Sales Representative"

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

-Compensation
    -Benefits
    -Training
    -Career Growth
    -Great leadership and management

Cons

-Longer Hours
    -Long sales cycle
    -Not really a con because this is all sales, but prospecting is hard.

20 Nov 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and your feedback!

"Junior Sales Executive"

Current Employee - Junior Sales Executive in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Junior Sales Executive in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Paycom part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hands-On Learning, Executive Presence, Amazing Atmosphere and Culture, Encouraging and Helpful team, Real-world Expereince

Cons

This is one of the most hands-on internships I have ever had. It is the first year of their new internship structure and I have nothing but good things to say.

Advice to Management

Management was so helpful and encouraging. The whole office just wants to see us succeed.

29 Nov 2017 – Paycom Representative