Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

4.3
Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "1 health insurance, great friends, etc" (in 51 reviews)

• "There are cheap catered lunches in the cafeterias with different options everyday which is convenient" (in 72 reviews)

Cons
  • "It is very important to be intentional about work-life balance at Paycom" (in 88 reviews)

• "you have to be able to put in the work and long hours when starting out" (in 52 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great place to work for highly talented people that want growth opportunity"

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Paycom gives you a platform to grow as an individual and a professional. It is a great environment for people that are hard working, highly talented, and have the desire to continue learning and developing into bigger and better roles. This is a great place to have an opportunity to really make a difference.

Cons

If you do not like working with positive, hard working people, who continue to stretch themselves and get outside of their comfort zone to improve, then this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on developing best of class technology and stay true to your commitment of making the environment for employees second to none.

8 Feb 2019 – Paycom Representative

Thank you so much for your review!

"An incredible place to work!"

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Paycom is a place of extreme innovation and supportive management. There is a ton of opportunity for growth and development, no matter what area of the business you work in. Benefits are wonderful, especially if you're a single employee with $1 insurance, and the ESPP provides really great long-term incentive to stay with the company.

Cons

Not a con for me, but for some, it's extremely fast-paced. Hours can be long and if you don't adapt well to change, this likely isn't the ideal company for you.

23 Apr 2019 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We're happy to read you appreciate all that Paycom has to offer.

"Committed to its employees"

Current Employee - HCM Liaison in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Current Employee - HCM Liaison in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Leadership opportunities
    Growth opportunities
    Affordable benefits
    On campus lunch, gym and walking trails
    Fun quarterly events

Cons

No remote from home options at this time

23 Apr 2019 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and feedback!

"Determined, Driven, and Diverse"

Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company has challenged me to be my best each and every day. I have grown to think on a macro as well as micro level while still having the ability to lead and develop from each of my positions held. Paycom works hard and plays hard because we know that we are revolutionizing the human capital management industry.

I love the ability to take a challenge, see it through, and hone it to make it successful not only for our employees but for our clients as well.

I would recommend anyone to work here as long as they are driven, ready to learn, and determined to be successful.

Cons

None come to mind at this time.

Advice to Management

Continue casting the 'why' to all team members.

23 Apr 2019 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and dedication!

5. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Benefits Coordinator in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Benefits Coordinator in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of room for growth, fun but challenging atmosphere, company really invests in its employees.

Cons

Very fast paced and difficult, not everyone is cut out for it. If you are, then opportunities are limitless

23 Apr 2019 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review!

6. "Great place to work as intern and full-time"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy on-boarding/transition process, friendly coworkers, fun culture, optimal work/life balance and great lunches

Cons

The traffic in the morning and afternoon is pretty congested, but they've improved with the new road. They are constantly looking for ways to fix this issue.

23 Apr 2019 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and feedback!

7. "Great place to start your career!"

Current Employee - Software Analyst
    Current Employee - Software Analyst

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- The company is growing fast so you will have a lot of opportunities to learn and grow as well.
    - The company culture encourages learning
    - I don't know about others, but my team is great. Managers care about your career growth, not just their own.
    - Good benefits
    - Good work-life balance, cheap catered lunch, lots of company social events...
    For people with lesser working experience, this is a perfect place to start your career.

Cons

No option to work from home

23 Apr 2019 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and feedback!

8. "Energizing and challenging"

Current Employee - HCM Manager
    Current Employee - HCM Manager

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The Paycom culture is full of people who want to find ways to be better and work hard every day to meet their goals while challenge the status quo. No day is the same and there is always a way to make any goal happen. Being around a team that is committed to that is very energizing and rewarding.

Cons

Cons are about perspective. We will always have the opportunity to do better and we have a lot of team members that work hard everyday to focus on our future. I am confident that any potential con there could be will always find the right path to improvement.

Advice to Management

Continue to find ways to make the roles more efficient through technology.

23 Apr 2019 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience and perspective!

9. "There's nothing like it"

Current Employee - Sales in Irvine, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in Irvine, CA (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The culture is built around training and self-development. There is unbelievable earning potential and compensation is directly tied to time and effort invested in the work we do. Leaders are focused on developing their employees and it permeates the entire organization. There is a sense of family in each office and within teams/pods throughout the company. The company is innovative and growing quickly and changing the industry and each employee is directly connected to the mission as a change agent. Employees have a voice within the company to drive change because we operate like a startup and aren't afraid of change even as we grow. Flat reporting structure allows easy visibility to leadership.

Cons

The job is very challenging and not for the faint of heart. There are days once in a while where I think I'm crazy for choosing this but they are fleeting and not the norm (and true of any sales job).

Advice to Management

Thank you for creating a life-changing opportunity and rewarding people so well. I brag about the job and company to my friends (and try to recruit them) because there isn't an opportunity out there like the one we have at Paycom. I am so proud to work for this organization and to keep changing the landscape of business and employment in America by helping export our culture to our clients.

23 Apr 2019 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing your Paycom experience!

10. "Take your career to the next level"

Current Employee - Manager in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are amazing. Everyone wants to win and make Paycom a better place. The benefits are very competitive. Paycom does a lot of events to support their employee's for all the time they put in to work. This is the first place I have worked where Senior Leadership has a clear vision, strategy and direction and the motivate everyone to meet the goals for the company. There is a lot of change but it is amazing how anyone at any level can be a change enabler.

Cons

It is very fast paced. It can be overwhelming for some. There is a lot of change and some can struggle with that. (Although change is good when it is due to growth).

Advice to Management

Keep providing a clear vision and strategy for the teams to get behind.

23 Apr 2019 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and enthusiasm!