Paycom Reviews

4.4
Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison
1,105 Ratings
Pros
  • "Helpfulness of people; the blessings of a parking garage; great benefits -(in 100 reviews)

• "Team work, catered lunches, coworkers(in 86 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work-life balance during the busy season can be difficult(in 129 reviews)

• "Long hours, this job is far from easy expect to be challenged(in 64 reviews)

1. "Rewarding, but Hard Work is Needed"

Current Employee - Senior Paycom Specialist

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company awards the employees handsomely once they become seniors. 401k and stock is awarded towards March. Affordable insurance.

Cons

Long hours and turnover is high.

2. "Great place to work and learn"

Current Employee - Software Analyst

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Good working environment, Great benefits

Cons

Not that I have experienced.

3. "software developer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Work Culture is excellent. Helps coworkers.

Cons

Deadlines to reach. A little bit work pressure.

July 29, 2020Paycom Representative

Thank you for the 5-star review! We’re glad you are enjoying the culture here at Paycom.

4. "Amazing Company and Opportunity!"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Sales is not an easy career path, but Paycom gives you every tool and resource imaginable to be successful, and the freedom to treat your territory like your own business. Paycom is a forward thinking company that puts their employees first and has created a culture of learning and development, which has allowed me not only to master what we provide to our clients, but develop professionally in business acumen, tactics for generating new business and leadership skills. In addition, Paycom goes above and beyond compensating sales reps on their hard work and puts on over-the-top president's club events year over year.

Cons

Paycom is in a constant state of change, so rolling with the punches and realizing change is there to benefit you in the long run is important to keep in mind.

July 29, 2020Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and feedback. We're committed to the success of our employees through our learning and development opportunities. Thank you for being part of the Paycom team!

5. "One of the most solid marketing departments I've been a part of"

Current Employee - Marketing Supervisor in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Paycom marketing team is driven, hungry and focused on growth. If you're looking for a fast-paced, quick-turn environment, this is a great place to expand skills. Paycom is an S&P company, so the marketing is top-tier and management expects a lot of the team. It's a collaborative environment, so working across teams is a quality one must posess or be willing to sharpen. My team is light-hearted and fun, but tenacious when it comes to creating lead-driving marketing campaigns.

Cons

I'm fairly new, but I have set the expectation for my team to have after-hours and weekend boundaries to ensure a good work-life balance. I have 2 young children, so this is a top priority for me. While my group does this well, there are folks on the wider marketing team who burn themselves out by working long hours and not setting those boundaries.

July 30, 2020Paycom Representative

Thank you for the 5-star review! Our employees make Paycom a great place to work. We appreciate your feedback as we're always looking for areas of continuous improvement. Thank you for being part of the Paycom team!

6. "Life-changing opportunity"

Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have learned more about technology, sales, psychology, mental management and time management (just to name a few) from the leadership at Paycom than I could have ever imagined. I've been able to achieve all of my goals in life that I've set for myself while working at Paycom and I'm very grateful to the leadership for shaping the opportunity to be so transformative and life-changing. Paycom compensates incredibly well and invests in it's people through training, rewards and other non-monetary compensation that is incredibly satisfying. Our founders' vision and ability to lead thousands of people towards it, while challenging at times, is inspiring and would be difficult to find elsewhere (not that I'd ever look for another job).

Cons

When going through the recruiting process, I asked "what's the catch?" and was told point blank that the job is incredibly demanding and challenging. You have to be resilient and motivated, rooted in your goals and mentally tough to do this job. I appreciated the candor of the sales manager and agree that nothing worth having comes easy. Most jobs are too easy. Most jobs don't pay for performance. Paycom is difficult and pays for performance. Frankly, I've watched a few dozen gritty 22 year olds make almost half a million dollars a year. That's not for everyone. The job is demanding and difficult - very much so. In the last year, Paycom's sales leadership has re-focused on ensuring everyone takes time off and has resources for mental management and mental health. The tone at the top is work hard, rest hard and you have to stay balanced to last.

July 28, 2020Paycom Representative

Thank you for your kind words and for sharing what you love about Paycom! We are so happy to see that you have found a place with us and feel you are growing as a professional, learning, and making an impact as we continue to grow. We wish you continued success and appreciate your hard work.

7. "Incredible Opportunity and Leadership"

Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Paycom has been an excellent employer over the last 5 years. I originally was hired on as a sales representative and was later promoted to a sales manager role. What I appreciate most about Paycom is the transparency regarding my role and my responsibilities. Since my first day, I have been completely in control of my own success and I have been compensated greatly for it. The compensation is always in favor of the sales rep, Paycom has never gone back on a commission policy or changed an incentive once the challenge was deemed “too easy.” My continued positive experience at Paycom has been reinforced by our leadership. Not only are we provided endless resources for bettering ourselves and continued development when it comes to the product, Paycom invests in life coaching and wellness for its employees. Paycom has always been equally invested in its employees personal success as it has in their professional success. Year after year I’m challenged to become better. I’ve been able to provide for my family in ways I never thought I could. I’m most proud of the individuals I have the opportunity to work with every day.

Cons

I do not have any negative experiences with Paycom.

July 28, 2020Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and sharing what you love about working at Paycom! We're happy Paycom has been able to create growth opportunities, provide training, and create a positive culture and environment for you. We appreciate your hard work and dedication.

"Life long career!"

Current Employee - Department Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This is my life long career!! The culture, ability for EEs to be heard, the innovation and growth opportunities are amazing!

Cons

I do not have any

July 23, 2020Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience at Paycom! We're glad to see you are enjoying the culture and innovation mindset.

9. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Paycom gives you a great opportunity to not only better your career, but grow as a person. I was just recently promoted to an executive sales rep, and continue to see avenues where my career can continually grow here at Paycom. You are backed by an extremely supportive leadership team, that give you all of the tools to be successful.

Cons

Truly there are very few cons that I have experienced. Paycom is a phenomenal company with an even better product.

July 23, 2020Paycom Representative

Congratulations on your promotion! We are thrilled to learn you are enjoying the growth opportunities at Paycom. Thank you for sharing your experience!

"Great Company- values the employees"

Current Employee - Vice President Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Paycom treats the employees like a person vs. a number, Paycom is a growing company and with that comes so much room for personal growth, we have a lot of tenure in our leadership group, there is so much potential for income between base, commission, bonuses, car allowance, plus stock. I firmly believe we have the best product and that we will continue to disrupt our industry.

Cons

In the first year, it is a grind, you are having to learn an entirely new industry and there are a lot of nuances. That part is very hard, but year 2 and beyond you reap the reward of that labor.

July 16, 2020Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and for sharing your experience! We're glad to hear you are happy with the commitment to continuous improvement across the organization. We appreciate you being a part of the Paycom team!

Found 1426 reviews