Paycom Reviews

4.2
Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison
1,451 Ratings
Pros
  • "Helpfulness of people; the blessings of a parking garage; great benefits -(in 114 reviews)

• "Team work, catered lunches, coworkers(in 87 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work-life balance is not the best(in 150 reviews)

• "Difficult to keep up with growth, so long hours are usually required(in 72 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech India

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0

endless opportunities

Sep 14, 2021 - Client Relations Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

transparent leadership team and open-door type policy with the ability to share ideas and collaborate that benefit you, your team, department or the organization. The opportunities are truly endless when it comes to leadership opportunities, pay, learning, leadership and your own success. You have the flexibility to manage your protected portfolio of clients and build relationships with c-levels.

Cons

As a new hire, you do need to devote time to get familiar with the organization, products, sales processes, etc., but you are very much setup for success once training is complete.

2 people found this review helpful

Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience! We're happy to hear you are enjoying the trainings and culture at Paycom. Please keep providing feedback and ideas as we are dedicated to continuously improving the ways we support our clients and employees. We appreciate you being a part of the team!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

good

Sep 16, 2021 - Software Developer in Oklahoma City, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

nice work culture and good growth.

Cons

I can't think of anything.

Paycom Representative

Thank you for the 5-star review!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Paycom review

Sep 14, 2021 - Staff Accountant in Oklahoma City, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

Team work environment with great staff.

Cons

It’s a large corporation with a lot of red tape.

Paycom Representative

We appreciate your hard work as it will lead to great opportunities! Thank you for sharing your Paycom experience and for being a part of the team.

4. 5.0

Awesome Job

Sep 12, 2021 - Audio Video Technician in Oklahoma City, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome job, definitely recommend. IT department is the best.

Cons

Nothing, I really enjoyed this job.

Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing your Paycom experience! We appreciate you being a part of the team.

5. 5.0

BEST PLACE TO WORK EVER

Sep 13, 2021 - Senior Corporate Recruiter
      Business Outlook

Pros

benefits, work/life balance, leadership, communication, employee centric culture. Paycom has provided so many learning, challenges and engagement for the last two years i have been here. I have been excited to grow with the organization and be given more opportunities every single day!

Cons

I have no cons working here.

Paycom Representative

Thank you for the 5-star review! We're thrilled you're enjoying the many benefits of a career at Paycom. We appreciate you being a part of the team!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

One of the best companies to sell for

Sep 10, 2021 - Sales Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing culture, people, leaderships Best in class compensation and long term incentive programs Great support from leadership and inter department collaboration

Cons

None, the expectations are clear.

Paycom Representative

We're glad to hear you're enjoying your career at Paycom. We appreciate you sharing your Paycom experience!

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Lots of cons, but I'm still here

Jul 21, 2021 - Quality Assurance Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

• Paid maternity and paternity leave • Quality health insurance for $1 per paycheck • Great culture (GREEN KOOLAID!) • Job security • Supportive and tight knit teams • Employee stock purchasing plan • Pre-COVID there were quite a few additional pros: $4 catered lunches, monthly company luncheons, company-wide events for employees only and events for family, department specific events for employees, on-site gym with instructors, quarterly team lunches paid for by Paycom, cube decorating contests, food trucks at work through the year, and an incredible amount of swag. • Some departments receive stocks and receive expensive “gifts” such as Boise headphones.

Cons

• QA is not a recipient of the last pro. We are also grossly underpaid. • The 401k match policy is awful. • The “Loser Board” is incredibly demeaning and upsetting. This board lists the 15 top and 15 bottom performing developers for a period and is proudly displayed in the development area. I have even heard people brag about how wonderful and motivational it is on tours. Adding it to the TVs around the building made it even worse. I do think the board might be more motivational and less despised if the points system was handled better. • The points system is terrible. • Communication from upper management leaves a lot to be desired. • Lots of micromanagement • Unless you are on a Payroll Team, quarterly bonuses are incredibly rare and small. You also do not have Paycom sponsored outings (dinners at Vast, TopGolf, etc) on non-payroll teams even if you work a significant amount of OT (always unpaid), meet crazy deadlines, and push out tons of issues with quality code. • There is not much professional growth in the entirety of the Development department. For QA, that is partly due to new advancement requirements based on tenure and passing tests that do not yet exist for some tiers. This new system was released right as a good number of QA were about to advance to the next tier (strategic financial move?) and QA at the highest tier were demoted. Some of the demoted QA were/are eligible for the newer tiers but were/are unable to advance due to the non-existent tests. I also want to mention that the QA Training department is severely understaffed, overworked, underpaid, and underappreciated. • Pre-COVID there was no remote option. Over a year later, there is STILL no permanent remote option planned for those that wish it. We are losing good, quality workers throughout the company as a result. My team is going to be composed entirely of Developer I’s when our last higher tier developer quits in the next few months. That is going to drastically decrease the productivity of our module. This is going to keep happening as we are forced back in office.

24 people found this review helpful

Paycom Representative

We work hard to create an inclusive and encouraging culture and are glad you’ve experienced this firsthand! Paycom is a high-growth organization, which requires continuously implementing new processes to improve efficiencies and better serve our clients. We hope you take the chance to work with your leaders to provide feedback and ideas. We’re proud of all the amazing work our Quality Assurance team has accomplished, and we support their ongoing success by investing in our employees through career paths, training and development. We’d like to discuss your feedback in more detail and encourage you to connect with your HR Business Partner or our HR team at hrmgmt@paycomonline.com.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Sep 9, 2021 - Tech Support Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

They take really good care of their employees They have a good work-life balance

Cons

I have nothing to complain about yet

Be the first to find this review helpful

Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing your Paycom experience and we appreciate you being a part of the team!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Place to Work

Sep 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great perks and wonderful benefits

Cons

A little stretched thin for the role

Paycom Representative

Thank you for the 5-star review. We’re happy to hear you’re enjoying the many great benefits Paycom has to offer!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work depending on department

Sep 1, 2021 - Amendment Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is very friendly and is always happy to assist with any issues you may have. They are really invested in you as a person not just as a worker. They will work with you to figure out a plan to improve you work performance instead of just telling you that you have to get better. The company as a whole listen to many forms of feedback that is given to them. Whether they implement it or not is up in the air but they are always willing to listen to others if they have ideas on something.

Cons

There are very few cons at this point. The work at the time of writing this is the forced overtime and the split schedule between working at home and being in office. The overtime isn't that bad. It can range from 5-10 hours a week.

Paycom Representative

Thank you for the 5-star review! We're excited to hear you're enjoying your career at Paycom. We appreciate you being a part of the team!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,973 Reviews