Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison

Pros
  • They always bring catered lunches from good restaurants for lunch that cost only (in 34 reviews)

• She would always push me and notice the hard work that I put into this position (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is a struggle (in 48 reviews)

• However they reward you for the hard work ethic (in 27 reviews)

"I would recommend Paycom!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH (US)

I worked at Paycom full-time

Pros

Paycom is one of the only companies I have worked for that really treats their employees well in all aspects. Compensation is amazing, affordable benefits and the training is awesome. The management in the Cleveland office is very good and they really want their employees to succeed and are willing to assist in anyway possible. Another thing that really attracted me was the future that a rep can have with the company....Stock options, increase in base pay and the commission structure is crazy good. The Cleveland office has a team culture and each rep in the office is willing to stop what their doing to assist new reps get acclimated to the job. The only reason I am not with the company is because I had the opportunity of starting my dream business with family otherwise I would still be at Paycom. I would highly recommend Paycom!

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

I really cannot think of anything, they have done a good job with everything. Keep it up!

"Voted Top Place To Work In OKC"

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Overall a great place to work.
    $1 health insurance
    $4 catered lunches
    solid company culture
    "gym" onsite

I won't go into a lot of detail here because it really is a good company.

Cons

HUGE CON: 5 days PTO your first year. They will sugar coat it and say that you also get a couple personal days and a handful of sick days and that is true. But 5 days PTO is ridiculously low and you have to accrue them. So when you finally finish out that first year, congrats you just completed your 5th day of PTO!

They forget that they are a large companies and don't take time to revamp processes that were in place when they only had a few hundred employees.

Advice to Management

Seriously, bump up the PTO to at least 10 days. Start appreciating your employees financially, not just the sale people. Yes, they sell the product but maybe you should show some love to the people that keep it running. Especially since a lot of them stay late and come in on weekends to make sure the ship stays afloat and receive no extra benefit for it.

20 Mar 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review. We’re happy to read that you believe that Paycom is a good company. Regarding PTO, as with many organizations this increases with tenure at the company. As we’re a dynamic ... More

3. "Don't Believe the Hype"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

$1 health care
    $4 catered lunches
    Your team turns into your family.
    Elaborate parties and theme weeks.
    Free gym on site if you actually use it.
    Fun company and culture.
    Recreational sports and leagues.

Cons

The compensation is less than sub par.
    If you are struggling at all you will start to drown because management or supervisors haven't properly trained you.
    You won't ever feel job security because of how high the turnover rate is.
    The way the management motivates is isn't exactly motivating.

5. "Great so far!"

Current Employee - New Client Setup Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Current Employee - New Client Setup Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are honestly so great! Everyone is very friendly and helpfully. $4 lunches are huge and the security here is top notch.

Cons

Not much paid time off, especially for the first few years.

13 Jun 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! Just a quick reminder that employees earn additional PTO with years of service in addition to floating holidays, holidays and sick time. If you have any questions, please ... More

"Bitter/sweet"

Current Employee - NCS in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Current Employee - NCS in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at Paycom (More than 5 years)

Pros

•Coworkers
    •The opportunity to have a job
    •The gym and classes
    •Cheap insurance
    •The $4 dollar lunches would be a pro. They bring the same disgusting lunches over and over.
    •The leadership program is AWESOME, but you guys have employees that are doing the leadership program and still have a very negative mindset, complainers, people who gossip and just unprofessional people who don't need to be leaders.
    •When a leader is promoted you should look at the person as a whole and not just certain qualities.
    •Depending on what department you work in, it could be a true win for you.

Cons

•There is absolutely no diversity here at Paycom. They prefer to hire a certain age group right out of college.
    •Alot of the leaders need more leadership training. Just because you give them the materials doesn't mean it will last. You need to see how all team leaders interact with their teams.
    •The turn over rate is extremely high. I've seen hundreds of employees quit and get fired. The company is growing but the turn over rate is extremely high!!!!
    •The work load is unequal. Certain teams have more revenue and more work while others have less. So the pay is the same for more work.
    •In some departments it's hard to transfer. Management doesn't like it.
    • A lot of high school drama
    •Very low pay for a lot of positions
    •Paycom does get new employees to write reviews when they haven't even been employeed long enough to know about what's going on or what has been going on with the company.
    •There are no career paths for some employees
    •All departments need better communication
    • Some teams and departments get to have more "fun" than others

Advice to Management

Really pay attention to all your leaders throughout Paycom and have a group of more diverse employees. Make opportunities and career paths fair for everyone. Just because a employee has a "lower position" than others. Doesn't mean they won't be a great leader or long term employee for Paycom.

"Love/hate relationship with this place"

Current Employee - Garnishment Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Garnishment Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company puts a big emphasis on culture. The perks of working here are great, and the benefits are nearly impossible to beat.

Cons

As for my department in particular, we are very understaffed and overworked. The company is also very inconsistent with the way new processes are implemented, and if you're not one for change, run for the hills. Change is almost a daily occurrence.

Advice to Management

Hire more people and pay your Team Leads what they deserve. Don't put a temporary bandaid on problems, try to genuinely fix the issues.

16 Jun 2017 – Paycom Representative

We’re glad to hear you appreciate the culture and benefits of working at Paycom. As you have indicated, change is common at Paycom – and it will likely continue as we are a high-growth company that ... More

"Specialist"

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Catered lunch, cheap healthcare if all you care about is yourself

Cons

Pay is not competitive anymore for all the specialists have to do now. New processes are implemented without making sure they are working and they can't even fix the things already wrong. Forcing clients to participate in best practices and payroll grid which they don't want.

Advice to Management

Review pay dincevyou have completely changed the job of a specialist. Listen to the people actually doing the work

"Love Paycom"

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Great food, great people, and good work.

Cons

High stress if you don't know how to handle it.

Advice to Management

More time saving processes.

25 May 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We also hope you'll share any ideas or suggestions to help us help our employees manage any job-related stress.

"Bitter/sweet"

Current Employee - PSD in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Current Employee - PSD in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Gym,Year end party,customer service week, a stable job, insurance. The leadership program is great. You have some negative people, complainers and people who are in the program that want to move up the ladder quick. Observe those employees whos not taking it seriously. Look at the person as a whole. See what kind of person they are and how they handle life.

Cons

Horrible vacation policy, over worked underpaid, turn over rate is high. Yes the company is growing, but I've seen quite of employees. Quit, get fired or demoted. Lack of diversity. Paycom only hires certain type of employees right out of college, No transferring to a new position in certain departments. A lot of leaders don't need to leaders. They need to be closely examined. No career paths for certain departments. Unequal work load with certain teams. You get the same pay with more work depending on what team you are on. The women and their short dresses and skirts are ridiculous, office drama. Low pay. Please work on the lunch menu. It was better when we had Savannah . Office drama and departments don't work too well with others.

Advice to Management

Be genuine

"Work Hard Play Hard"

Current Employee - Paycom Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Paycom Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing Benefits Package
    Amazing Training program (they really invest in their employees)
    Clubs/Leagues/Groups if you want to get involved
    GYM open before and after hours for employee use
    This company has grown Dramatically since it began in '98 and Keeps on growing, the growth potential is fantastic.

Cons

The only complaints I've heard are that someone didn't get along well with someone else(which will happen anywhere)
    You do have to multitask and learn a lot so if you are not wanting to learn and work Hard than this may not be the place for you.
    Interview process is intense, but they need to be picky with the amount of time they invest in their new employees.

Advice to Management

I think everything is being run well so far, I'm sure as the company grows make sure to keep the heart alive that's currently there.

8 May 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and sharing your experience with Paycom.