Paycom Reviews

4.4
Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison
1,366 Ratings
Pros
  • "Helpfulness of people; the blessings of a parking garage; great benefits -(in 114 reviews)

• "Team work, catered lunches, coworkers(in 87 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work-life balance is not the best(in 150 reviews)

• "Difficult to keep up with growth, so long hours are usually required(in 72 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "A place for a career not just a job!!"

Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing potential to grow into a career. Great management if you advocate for yourself. Good team environment in my office. Sales prospecting tools are on point and sales strategies are constantly evolving to the market. Monthly events or activities for those who hit quota for the month and national recognition for the hard work you put in. Option for employee stock option is amazing and you should 100% do! This is not just a job, you will work hard but are very fairly compensated for your hard work. If you are just looking for a 9-5 and to take orders this is not the job for you. But if you like to grind and work with the best of the best. Then this is the place for you. Morning meeting at 7:45 and work until 5:30 or 6 but obviously you will work later some times depending on what needs to get done. Also encouraged to take my time off and disconnect.

Cons

No plan to let successful (those at or above quota) sales people continue to work remotely or in a hybrid fashion once we all are capable to return to our offices safely.

April 12, 2021Paycom Representative

Thank you for the 5-star review! We're excited you are enjoying the challenges and opportunities for development offered as part of a quickly growing company. We appreciate your hard work and thank you for being a part of the Paycom team!

"Work Hard, Get Rich"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Compensation is LIFE CHANGING when you put the work in and get the result - Great benefit plans - Incredible leadership team (inspiring women in leadership) - Culture is different in every office, but you get to create whatever culture you want on your team of 7-10 sales reps - When you hit quota each month, your manager spoils you with a celebratory activity paid for by Paycom (lots of celebratory things like this when you sell!) - Get to meet with executives in your territory every day and discuss business strategy - Always surrounded by elite people with elite lifestyles - When you haven't sold in a while or are having trouble generating revenue, you have a massive support system behind you to get back on track - You can actually get behind the technology you are selling because it is disrupting an industry and helping business become more profitable - You are the CEO of your own territory and its up to you to create your own brand - lots of autonomy here - The sales rep owns the entire sales cycle - prospecting, setting the meeting, introducing Paycom's, doing discovery/needs assessment to uncover pain, business case, cost justifications, executive presentation, negotiations, and closing!

Cons

- If you are not willing to put in the work to learn the product, process, and skills required to be successful at this job, then this isn't the job for you - Lots of cold calling and cold outreach - role plays to practice this which just isn't for everyone

April 2, 2021Paycom Representative

Thank you for the 5-star review! We appreciate you sharing your experience and are happy to hear you're enjoying the many benefits offered at Paycom. Keep up the great work!

3. COVID-19

"Amazing culture but can miss on family focus."

4.0
    Current Employee - Manager in Oklahoma City, OK
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

So many pros from this wonderful place to mention as a whole. Best culture, mostly diverse & inclusive, & FUN! Our people have fun and work hard.

Cons

Little PTO, little family oriented events, no daycare.

March 30, 2021Paycom Representative

We agree we have a great inclusive and fun culture! We continue to emphasize and improve how we take care of our employees holistically and that includes their families. Our team appreciates your feedback and encourages you to share it with your supervisor or HR Business Partner.

4. COVID-19

"Best career choice I have ever made."

Current Employee - Human Resources Business Partner in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Culture and Values: Paycom has an amazing culture, the people that work here genuinely care about you. Many companies have made efforts through this pandemic, but I am so incredibly proud of how Paycom handled the care of their employees to the business strategy. As you read through the different posts, you may notice the $1 healthcare, which has long existed at Paycom. This benefit is met along with the company philanthropy, community care, diversity and inclusion, and mental health initiatives. If you truly consider this, you are able to understand that the care for employee wellbeing, safety, and health runs deep, this is something that has always been a fundamental value of this organization. Company Growth: If you have been able to look at the historical growth of the company you know that it is in good hands, the vision and decisions have always placed Paycom ahead of the curve. Employee Professional Growth: There is always opportunity to grow as an individual and a professional in this organization. Each department has continued to make strides to be industry leading in their practices and processes.

Cons

Nothing specific, I believe that there is always room for improvement.

February 25, 2021Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience with others! We're happy to hear you are enjoying the culture, the leadership, and the career opportunities at Paycom. We are definitely a growing company with a fast pace, but we take pride in supporting our employees as they achieve their desired success. Please keep providing feedback and ideas!

5. "Great company with countless opportunities for growth and success"

Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Incredible sales organization with leaders who care so much about their people and seeing them be successful. They are constantly pouring into us and providing us countless opportunities for growth and career advancement.

Cons

Complex sale that requires a lot of industry knowledge. Not work from home (once COVID passes).

May 10, 2021Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We're thrilled you are enjoying the opportunities offered at Paycom and appreciate you being a part of the team.

6. "If you want to compete you’ll succeed!"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Technology should make life easier and that is exactly what our software does for our clients and their employees. The software we create genuinely makes a large positive impact on millions of people’s lives. It feels good knowing that the work you put in here as a software developer is meaningful and important. The environment is very team- oriented and everyone is eager to help each other out. It’s also a very friendly environment. Watching Paycom grow so much and so fast has been an amazing experience. It’s also very gratifying when I think about all of the jobs Paycom has created.

Cons

I cannot think of any at the moment.

April 14, 2021Paycom Representative

Thank you for the 5-star review! We're happy you're enjoying the culture and our products we offer. We are a quickly growing company, but we are dedicated to continuously improving the ways we support both our clients and our employees. We’re glad you’re a part of the team!

7. "Best Career Move"

Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than a year

Pros

Paycom is the place where you get to run with the best of the best! I love that we are always pushing each other to grow personally and professionally. Paycom invests so much into their employees in both of these areas. I've worked in other sales organizations and no one invests more in the mental stability and growth of their employees like Paycom does. It's exciting to be part of such an innovative company that is leading the industry!

Cons

This isn't a con, but Paycom expects the best from every employee, so always be at the top of your game and bring your best every single day!

April 21, 2021Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We're thrilled you are enjoying your career at Paycom and appreciate you being a part of the team.

8. COVID-19

"Character Building Environment!"

Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I'm grateful that this career has allowed me to self actualize in my personal, professional, and spiritual life. The ongoing development and opportunity to work with intelligent, hard working, kind, and driven teammates daily will build you up to become the greatest version of yourself. If you're interested in ongoing self development, a culture of learning, and having the opportunity to work for the great HRIS platform that is revolutionizing the HCM space - Paycom is for you!

Cons

Not neccessarily a con, but in my opinion, you have to be a hard working and positive individual to do well here. This career path will challenge you and is truly an opportunity to grow every single day. If you're not interested in growth, this may not be the career for you. If you are, the benefits financially and personally are endless.

March 10, 2021Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience! We're happy to hear you are enjoying the growth opportunities, and working with your peers at Paycom. We are a quickly growing company, but we are dedicated to continuously improving the ways we support both our clients and our employees. We’re glad you’re a part of the team!

9. "Fantastic Place to Work"

Current Employee - NCS Specialist I in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is a hard job at times, but they more than prepare you for it. Training is extensive and you are encouraged to ask questions. You WILL work hard so do not expect to fly by with no effort. They pay well, then benefits are good, but more importantly you are apart of a supportive team. Everyone is working together and grow together. We push one another and while everyone is busy, we find time to help each other. I enjoy working here, and I have only been able to work from home but I imagine it is even better in the office. The company has the employees best interests in mind with big decisions, all the way to the top. I am happy I am here.

Cons

It can be busy, you will need to sacrifice a little time every once in awhile but it is rarely a surprise.

March 25, 2021Paycom Representative

Thank you for the 5-star review! We love to hear that you are taking advantage of the many training and development opportunities offered at Paycom. Your hard work and dedication are greatly appreciated and we’re so happy to have you as part of the team!

10. "Opportunities are endless!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than a year

Pros

From my first day to today, the endless support from my peers and leadership has been amazing. Everyone cares for both your personal and professional accomplishments. Paycom equips you with so many resources and opportunities for growth, development and overall success. Leadership also gives many avenues for me to share new ideas and feedback. In addition to the many great opportunities, the benefits are unbeatable. The culture and work environment are fantastic and my manager always make sure I have a good work-life balance. Paycom is fast paced, and has growth mindset environment, which I personally love. Best career decision I have made is coming to work Paycom!

Cons

There are no cons in my opinion!

April 12, 2021Paycom Representative

Thank you for the 5-star review! We’re thrilled you’re enjoying our company culture and are taking advantage of our growth opportunities. We appreciate you sharing your experience, keep up the great work!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,814 Reviews