Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 17 Jan 2020

4.4
Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison
Pros
  • "Great benefits - awesome communication with the HR department(in 87 reviews)

• "A lot of perks like catered lunches and amazing benefits(in 83 reviews)

Cons
  • "It is very important to be intentional about work-life balance at Paycom(in 108 reviews)

• "Occasional long hours to meet your numbers(in 58 reviews)

1. "What It's Like to Work at Paycom/NCS"

Current Employee - NCS Supervisor in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The culture at Paycom is nearly tangible. The identity of the company is shaped by the very real feeling that there are thousands of truly motivated and talented people working toward the same goals. There is a sense of belonging that comes with this that provides a lot of purpose to your job, which most places can’t offer at the same level. Growth and opportunity is also at a completely different level at Paycom. The unrivaled success the company is having has translated into unrivaled growth for its people who are pushing the company forward. This has an extremely positive impact on the company’s overall culture but is equally valuable on an individual level.

Cons

Paycom isn’t for everyone. The people who truly find long-term success at Paycom seem to be a very unique brand of person. A career that is equally fast-paced as it is exciting as it is demanding as it is growing is not something every type of person could possibly thrive in. Even if this type of career could be perfectly defined, most people couldn’t tell you whether or not they would be a true fit because they’ve never experienced a similar type of career. Perhaps Paycom’s greatest “con” is simply not being for everyone, but aren’t many of life’s greatest treasures somewhat exclusive? The most important question to ask yourself if you’re considering a job here is: “Is Paycom right for ME?”.

Advice to Management

Continue providing a voice to your people. Paycom has the fortunate burden of having a lot of brilliant and motivated young leaders within the organization, which means it’s so critical to the company to listen to them and capture their feedback and vision and passion. Continued growth will be the enemy of a transparent culture, so please be intentional about maintaining and further fostering this within the organization.

Paycom2020-01-17
  2. "My experience at Paycom"

Current Employee - Confirmation Team Representative

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than a year

Pros

They compensate employees really well

Cons

Overworked, always stressed, and leadership is intense

Paycom2020-01-17
  3. "Great Place to work"

Current Employee - IT Security Administrator in Oklahoma City, OK
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fantastic group of people to work with, always a good day at work. management works with you not against.

Cons

not a whole lot of vacation starting out

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

Paycom2020-01-02
  4. "Slave Away For Decent Pay At Best"

Current Employee - Confirmation Team Representative

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than a year

Pros

Potential money available to make

Cons

60+ hour work weeks on the regular.

Paycom2020-01-15
  5. "Good Starting Role"

Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Paycom full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great if you're beginning your career - opportunity to be successful at a young age. Hire younger reps and have great training. Get to be in outside sales & have a generous comp plan.

Cons

Micromanagement at times. Very metrics driven organization, which can work against the company

Advice to Management

Focus on developing newer reps for longer periods of time & be more focused on things aside from short term revenue goals

Paycom2020-01-03
  6. "Best Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than a year

Pros

Autonomy, cutting edge product, excellent support from corporate

Cons

Can be a bit disorganized when you first start (my computer wasn't set up, no mouse, no desk chair... etc.)

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you're doing

Paycom2019-12-17
  7. "Awesome"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in New York, NY

I worked at Paycom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay is great at Paycom

Cons

None I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep killing it

Paycom2019-12-16
  8. "Worth it"

Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Fast paced, and constant growing opportunities Culture is exciting and fun

Cons

Not your typical 9-5 Must be willing to put in the work

Paycom2019-12-23

"Good people, horrible place to work"

Former Employee - PSD Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Paycom full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free gym $4 lunch $1 health insurance

Cons

Too many to list here.

Advice to Management

If you want to work in a typical, boring corporate environment, then Paycom is your dream come true. I was hired as a specialist in the Paycom service department. In Paycom terminology, it just means you work in a glorified call center. Training was 7 weeks which in no way gets you prepared for the hell you’ll be in after training. You could train for 6 months and not be prepared. You start getting clients immediately, and the only way to “level up” is to gain more clients. More clients=more money but with that comes even more stress. The phones don’t stop ringing and you must hit your metrics weekly. They offer all these great benefits like $1 health insurance, free gym, $4 catered lunches, and your typical cheesy corporate “fun” days (casual Friday’s, hat day, etc.) to mask the overstressed environment. I can’t speak for other departments, but I do know the turnover in PSD is the highest in the company. They are clearly growing faster than they can handle. I left six weeks out of training and couldn’t be more happy. This job is mainly for people fresh out of college who have no idea what kind of hell they are getting in to. It’s almost like a cult. I heard stories of people literally having nervous breakdowns in PSD. You either love the job (which was a very small percentage), you stay and deal with it because the money/benefits/perks are good but in return you hate your life, or you jump ship as fast as you can. I’m glad I chose option 3. *side note- I have no personal animosity toward Paycom. I gave a proper two weeks notice and left on good terms so this is no way a personal dig on the company. Just an honest review of short-lived time there. Also, please don’t respond with your typical “contact your HR representative” jargon.

Paycom2020-01-11

"They are making me write this review"

I have been working at Paycom

Pros

There are no pros yet besides getting a paycheck

Cons

I was told to write this review. I’m sure to try and boost the overall score on Glassdoor. This seems shady so I am not going to give a positive review for this practice.

Advice to Management

Be honest

Paycom2020-01-08