PetSmart Reviews

Found 6,541 of over 6,663 reviews

3.3
PetSmart CEO J.K. Symancyk
J.K. Symancyk
Pros
  • "Working with animals is fun, schedule is flexible(in 456 reviews)

• "Fantastic work for a college kid with a future in animal work(in 187 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Poor management that did not care for the animals' safety as much as the bottom line(in 469 reviews)

• "Prone to dealing with misbehaving dogs(in 286 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Love petsmart

Mar 29, 2021 - Reservations Agent
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits Great environment Pets at work

Cons

Everything is quite nice here.

Associate Employment Brand Manager

We're happy to hear you enjoy your life at PetSmart! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us.

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Plenty of work

May 29, 2021 - Internship in New Delhi
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free coffee and continued supply of cooking and Maggie

Cons

Plenty of work, air conditioning was terrible, smoke breaks were monitored

Continue reading

Associate Employment Brand Manager

Hello! We appreciate your feedback and taking the time to leave a thoughtful review. Thank you for all that you did for the pets that came into the store while you were with PetSmart!

3. 4.0

Associate

Feb 12, 2021 - Pet Care Specialist in Matgoda
      Business Outlook

Pros

Loving community, we try to get customers not abuse animals we sell, we take the animals to the vet, we’ve gotten great with treating wet tail, we’re all passionate about the animals.

Cons

Not good pay, we get bashed for trying to stop customers from buying an animal to abuse, horrible vendors .

4. 3.0

Feedback about the company

Dec 29, 2017 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Environment to learn in life

Cons

Slow growth process, salary low

5. 4.0

Part time hourly cashier

Apr 17, 2016 - Part Time Cashier in Chennai
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you love animals, this is the place to work. Always something cute, fluffy, or exotic walking through the door. You may see a baby kangaroo, a snake, a lizard, or even a pig walking around. And you'll come to know the regular customers and their pets by name.

Cons

It can get very loud at times in the store, especially on weekends when it's so busy, you have rescue animals up for adoption, dog training, and just utter chaos at times. Throw in a bunch of kids (and sometimes adults) playing with the squeaky dog toys, and throwing the dog frisbees and balls around and it's the perfect combination for a major headache! And, a lot of times the pet parents don't avail themselves of our oops stations and leave us with "surprises" throughout the store.

Continue reading
      1 person found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Current Employee

Pretty Good Job

Oct 26, 2021 - Care Associate in Troy, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good discount if you buy petsmart brands. Supportive and thoughtful management. Great if you love animals, obviously.

Cons

They feel chronically understaffed even though we keep hiring more people.

7. 5.0

Not bad

Oct 23, 2021 - Dog Groomer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are really good and not expensive

Cons

Retail hours kind of suck

Associate Employment Brand Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us! We're glad you enjoyed your life at PetSmart. Thanks for all that you did!

8. 4.0
      Current Employee

Fun job, easy work

Oct 22, 2021 - PetSmart Pet Care Associate in Webster, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working with animals, no greasy fast food environment, plenty of hours

Cons

Lacks employees, not allowed to deny sales of an animal, rushed environment, only one 45 minute unpaid break for a 10 hour shift for part-time employees.

Associate Employment Brand Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your life at PetSmart with us and for bettering the lives of pets! We appreciate your feedback. Please know, you can always connect with us via the CareSmart line at 1-800-738-4693 to discuss further. Thanks again!

9. 5.0
      Former Employee

Got a career when I was just looking for a job

Oct 20, 2021 - Salon Manager, Pet Stylist in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

They fully train you to become a pet stylist (groomer). This is a very profitable career and is very enjoyable. Great benefits and job security. Great tips. Paid vacation, paid holidays, full time, discretionary and sick pay.

Cons

Work weekends and holidays (however, you get very good compensation plus tips are great this time). Be prepared this is a dirty job

Associate Employment Brand Manager

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. We love that you enjoyed many parts of life at PetSmart! Thank you for doing anything for pets!!

10. 5.0