RetailMeNot Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

RetailMeNot Reviews

Updated Sep 4, 2019

Found 139 reviews

4.1
RetailMeNot CEO Marissa Tarleton (no image)
Marissa Tarleton
Pros
  • "Free lunch (except on Wednesdays because they want you to go out once in a while :/ )(in 19 reviews)

• "This is definitely a nice and comfortable place to work with some perks and a really good work-life balance(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • "Commuting downtown is oftentimes a struggle(in 7 reviews)

• "Occasional long hours but that is to be expected in a fast moving retail company(in 7 reviews)

1. "Loved working for RMN!!!"

Former Employee - Assistant Facilities Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at RetailMeNot full-time for less than a year

Pros

My manager was amazing as well as her manager. They trusted my judgement and always backed me up. My team was also amazing to work with. They were always very helpful and great with all my questions when I first started. Kim and Claire keep up the great work!!

Cons

The only con I have is they closed down our Phoenix Office and I was laid off. I would have worked with them forever if that was possible.

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what you were doing I truly loved working there and wish I still was able to!

RetailMeNot2019-08-11
  2. "Not recommended"

I worked at RetailMeNot full-time

Pros

I can’t recall any pluses.

Cons

Unvriendly environment, not recommended at all.

RetailMeNot2019-09-04
  3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer-II in Austin, TX

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company culture, talented people, and a product that matters.

Cons

There are no downsides for me.

RetailMeNot2019-07-19

"Be patient...good is going to come from all the chaos"

Current Employee - Mid-Level Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are a lot of highly intelligent and capable people at this company. The perks are by far the best I've seen in Austin( free parking in Austin, free hot catered lunches or full salad bar 4 days a week, amazing and healthy choice of snacks, and a Juice bar as well as a full coffee bar with a barista). The view from my desk is amazing, and I'm not even a senior leader.

Cons

There is not a clear alignment between the c level and senior leaders on strategy. There is a lot of work to be done on the product end of the business and that has left salespeople with not a lot of leverage in their sales. The current leadership is not to blame for this as they inherited this from the previous CEO. A company doesn't get this way overnight.

Advice to Management

Ensure that your senior leaders are actually aligned completely with the C Level's strategy and then communicate that down to the mid level managers and individual contributors. Just because someone is in a meeting with you doesn't mean that they are communicating what is happening. You say that transparency is important but not everyone's definition of transparency is the same.

RetailMeNot2019-06-25
  5. "Great Company To Work for!"

Current Employee - Manager, Channel Sales Operations in Austin, TX

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time

Pros

There is a ton of opportunity for advancement if you do good work. I have been at the company for three years now and have held three very different positions. If you are getting involved and continuing your development, the doors will open for you to advance. The company values their people first. This is not something I have experienced at previous companies. I also value that there is a high level of transparence... and trust. You never feel as though you are being deceived by management - the leaders are real and employees are looped into challenges and successes of the company.

Cons

There has been some management changes over the past year (CEO & other leadership), but the transition has been smooth and we have had a new wave of great leaders step in. Values and culture has remained constant throughout.

RetailMeNot2019-06-11

"Skeleton crews are running RMN Engineering"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free parking at Frost Bank Free breakfast on Mondays and Fridays Free lunch every day except Wednesdays Free snacks and drinks Free coffee at the coffee bar Reimbursed for phone bill and gym bill Free wellness/exercise classes Great culture and values Friendly coworkers Diverse RxSaver is growing rapidly and is an exciting space to be in

Cons

"Unlimited PTO" when you're being recruited, "Flexible" PTO once you actually start Relatively recent layoffs No longer a company where engineering is valued Engineers are leaving in frightening numbers, and leadership does not prioritize backfilling positions, resulting in significant loss of knowledge. Some teams are down to a single developer. Projects are being moved to teams who have no idea how to... support them. The company was not willing to sacrifice short-term revenue for long-term growth and success back when we had the personnel to handle it, now teams are just trying to get out of maintenance and support mode. A lot of friction when onboarding new engineers There used to be a Wednesday work from home policy that was eliminated early this year. The number of summer interns has decreased this year from the previous year.

Advice to Management

Layoffs and attrition have dragged on too long (still going on!) and needs to be addressed immediately as morale is at an all-time low.

RetailMeNot2019-06-13
  7. "INSPIRING ENVIRONMENT+COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION+INCREDIBLE BENEFITS"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time for more than a year

Pros

INSPIRING ENVIRONMENT - The entire building envokes a spirit of creativity. working space, conference rooms, and common spaces all remind employees of how fun it is to work at RMN. All colleagues, managers and support staff all collaborative and helpful. COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION - RMN demonstrates how much it values its employees with substantial base pay and rewards success with generous bonus opportunities.... INCREDIBLE BENEFITS - RMN has designed elegant benefits packages that support its team members daily as well as during life shaking moments. From free meals to unlimited vacation to a free parking and gym membership daily life at RMN is full of creature comforts. The medical benefits package is designed to affordably handle traditional expenses as well as cover surprise emergencies.

Cons

CHANGE MANAGEMENT - While change is inevitable, the team has struggled with the most recent round of changes. I believe all could benefit greatly from more frequent communication.

RetailMeNot2019-06-20

"Engineers are leaving"

Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at RetailMeNot full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free lunch Nice office space and coffee bar Austin Downtown Co-workers are nice

Cons

Due to culture change since new CTO come, 30-40% of engineers have left, including senior, staff and principal. It’s hard to be not impacted. And the hiring is never fast enough to backfill those positions. Future product is a big uncertainty. They decided to deliver new experience from scratch (since the main app become hard to maintain after losing all those senior mobile engineers). It is said that researches... had been done before the decision, but no support data is shared. Since CTO cancelled WFH Wednesday, it is said new WFH policy will be made, which never happens (or at least didn’t happen before I leave). Compensation was good when you onboard as an entry level, but the growth is small when you get promoted to higher level. It was a great place to work, but not anymore.

Advice to Management

Be transparent, it’s sad to know “transparency” is no longer in the core value. And actually pay attention to what workers’ suggestion at exit interviews.

RetailMeNot2019-05-29
  9. "Happy work, happy life"

Current Employee - Account Director

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It's great coming to work for a team you love working with. I still continue to learn / feel challenged in my role and amongst peers. There is always an opportunity to join a tiger team project or employee resource group to challenge yourself and others. There are no closed doors and you can skip levels to talk to COO, CEO, Product, etc.

Cons

Cons are what you make it and being part of change rather than complaining

Advice to Management

Top down leadership

RetailMeNot2019-05-08

"Rapidly becoming a toxic mess. QA is neither valued nor welcome"

Former Employee - Quality Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at RetailMeNot full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great office, great facilities people - Great perks - There is probably still a career to be made here if you fit the mold

Cons

- Turnover at all ranks - Engineers no longer valued for talent, just output - New CEO is great, but was handed a Shark Sandwich - If you are in QA, avoid at all costs

Advice to Management

- Fire the new CTO and his toxic Amazon lackeys NOW. They have destroyed the amazing culture that was there before - Decide what kind of company you want to be now that the fun is over - Abandon the sinking ship with grace, not fire

RetailMeNot2019-03-29