Swoon Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Swoon Reviews

Updated Sep 22, 2019

4.5
Swoon CEO Michelle Baker (no image)
Michelle Baker
Pros
  • "I would highly recommend Swoon to future candidates(in 9 reviews)

• "So thankful for having to work with such great people(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work/life balance (depending on how you look at it)(in 11 reviews)

• "There are no cons- they were better than expected(in 10 reviews)

"I've been working with Swoon Technology Resources for past 2+ years, who has been giving us excellent business."

Anonymous

I have been working at Swoon

Pros

It has been a pleasure working with all the employees at Swoon who are very dedicated towards their work. Especially- Sara Riggs, who's enthusiasm is infectious and her ability to lead is inspiring. She is an excellent manager that cares about her business partners and knows how to handle very different personalities. Anyone willing to work with Swoon would be very lucky and will learn a ton!

Cons

None I have heard of.

Advice to Management

I know the Management is excellent, so keep up the good work, Guys!

Swoon2014-09-12

"Great staffing agency with support to"

Former Employee - Learning and Development Specialist in Winters, CA

I worked at Swoon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Had a great experience working with Kaylie and Krisanta at Swoon. They were recruiting for an assignment with PG&E. The whole way though they were there to give support and motivation. I will miss working for them as they really advocate for the employee not only their clients. Made themselves super accessible including after hours. Highly professional and thoughtful. I receive a package in the mail with Swoon... swager. Although I never got to meet them in person I was able to build relationships with them through email and phone. So thankful for having to work with such great people.

Cons

None in my opinion.

Advice to Management

Please value these recruiters, as having been my first time working with a temp agency, thanks to them two I would have no problem working for you again in the future. Thank you Kaylie and Krisanta!

Swoon2019-09-15

September 16, 2019HR Specialist

Thank you so much for your feedback! We definitely value all our employees and we will be sure to let Kaylie and Krisanta know of your shout out!

3. "Too Much drama"

Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Swoon full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can make money if you're good at what you do and collect your bonuses. I love the owners of the company.

Cons

favoritism feels like your working in college environment. everyone is quite young.

Swoon2019-09-23

September 25, 2019HR Specialist

Thank you for your feedback! I would love to discuss more indebth about how Swoon is a "college environment" and how it relates to the age of our workforce. Is it a college environment because of the age of our workforce? Please feel free to connect with me direct, as I would would be interested in learning more about your feedback!

"(San Diego Office) Great people, awesome work location"

I worked at Swoon

Pros

Starting pay is really competitive, leadership is top notch, located right in the heart of downtown, opportunities to have quick and prolonged success.

Cons

No local market so you can’t meet up with local candidates and “Swoon” them.

Advice to Management

Keep it up, create a local market.

Swoon2019-01-22

January 22, 2019HR Specialist

Swoon is continuing to grow, and we look forward to breaking into local markets. Thanks for your feedback!

"A facade"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I worked at Swoon full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Solid initiatives that make up the company culture (i.e. “First Fridays”) -Decent incentives for high performers

Cons

-work/life balance -closed off upper management -lack of support and coaching for first-time recruiters -superficial interactions between leadership and employees

Advice to Management

If Swoon cares about retaining talent, management needs to be realistic about how to truly support and empower recruiters to stay. Pipe dreams about what “can be” doesn’t help recruiters do better and succeed. Be more transparent consistently and not when it’s in the company’s best interest or word has already gotten out through the grapevine

Swoon2019-02-02

February 4, 2019HR Specialist

Thank you so much for your feedback! One of Swoon's values is transparency, and we encourage all of our employees to be open and honest in sharing their thoughts and opinions. It is our hope that employee's express any frustrations prior to leaving, as we would look to remedy any issues or openly discuss the reasoning behind any changes that were made.

"Top notch Staffing Firm"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Swoon full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's an exciting time to be at Swoon! Tons of growth and advancement opportunities. Swoon truly values their employees. They work hard and have fun while doing it. They have some of the most talented and hardworking people I've ever encountered!

Cons

Staffing is hard work, but comes with great rewards.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! The leadership, especially on the Recruiting team, is top notch.

Swoon2018-12-20

January 22, 2019HR Specialist

Continued feedback from our employees is what helps create those top notch leaders, keep it coming!

"Professional Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Swoon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Plenty of opportunity and room for growth. Amazing people to work with and always willing to help you grow.

Cons

Work/Life balance but is typical of the staffing industry.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and looking to improve/grow the company

Swoon2018-11-28

January 22, 2019HR Specialist

Thank you! We are looking forward to 2019 as we continue to grow, thanks to the help of our amazing employees!

"Swoon Cares"

Current Employee - Contractor

I have been working at Swoon full-time

Pros

Justine is AMAZING! She has worked with me over the last few months to place my in my dream company. Strong follow-up. Great listeners. Empathy. Humor. Proactive in pay negotiation and communication. First time I've ever felt like a recruiter/agency really has my success at heart

Cons

I'm in CA, and Swoon is in IL, and I can't come into the office to thank them in person

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Hire more people like Justine.

Swoon2018-11-21

November 26, 2018HR Specialist

We are so happy to hear you are enjoying your role, and we agree, Justine is an amazing recruiter!

"Direct Hire Recruiter"

I have been working at Swoon full-time

Pros

Lot's of opportunity, great team, fun environment.

Cons

none at this point in time

Advice to Management

keep it up!

Swoon2018-11-12

November 26, 2018HR Specialist

Thank you for your feedback!

"Great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Swoon full-time

Pros

Hire great people Can easily shift direction to support client needs Transparent CEO and President My experience has been fair compensation for all employees Fun company outings Leadership listens to employees even if they don't necessarily want to A good amount of vacation time

Cons

Tough industry Work/life balance (depending on how you look at it)

Advice to Management

Thanks. Keep it going.

Swoon2018-10-25

November 26, 2018HR Specialist

Thank you for your feedback! Swoon has a very open and transparent culture where all employee feedback is welcomed and valued.

Found 85 reviews