Swoon Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Swoon Reviews

Updated 15 Jan 2020

4.2
Swoon Chief Executive Officer Michelle Baker (no image)
Michelle Baker
Pros
  • "I would highly recommend Swoon to future candidates(in 9 reviews)

• "This is the best company that I have ever worked for(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work/life balance (depending on how you look at it)(in 12 reviews)

• "There are no cons- they were better than expected(in 11 reviews)

"I've been working with Swoon Technology Resources for past 2+ years, who has been giving us excellent business."

Anonymous

I have been working at Swoon

Pros

It has been a pleasure working with all the employees at Swoon who are very dedicated towards their work. Especially- Sara Riggs, who's enthusiasm is infectious and her ability to lead is inspiring. She is an excellent manager that cares about her business partners and knows how to handle very different personalities. Anyone willing to work with Swoon would be very lucky and will learn a ton!

Cons

None I have heard of.

Advice to Management

I know the Management is excellent, so keep up the good work, Guys!

Swoon2014-09-12

"Collaborative culture, ambitious employees, highly rewarding"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Swoon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Truly a company that cares about your ideas and strengths. Upper management is open to having conversations and helping employees. You have a real voice here, and your ideas and input are taken seriously. Fast paced environment with the ability to continuously grow and develop. Highly motivated and intelligent coworkers.

Cons

Challenging, but incredibly rewarding. Be prepared to work and in turn they will give you all the tools, support and resources you need to succeed.

Swoon2020-01-15

"Awesome company to work for!"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Swoon full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have worked for Swoon for 1 year. This is the best company that I have ever worked for! Such great leadership, excellent training program, and great career advancement opportunities! Swoon is an awesome company to work for!

Cons

Swoon is a great company to work for!

Advice to Management

Continue the great training program at Swoon. You have created a great company with an excellent company culture, I am looking forward to continuing my career with Swoon!

Swoon2020-01-14

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Senior Business Development Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Swoon full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been with Swoon for a year and a half and really enjoy working here. Being in the staffing industry for 20 years, I've worked for a total of 5 companies (Swoon being my 5th) and they are a true differentiator in the industry. The culture and leadership are great! At 10 years young, Swoon is the fastest growing staffing company year over year so there is plenty of opportunity to grow as well. The companies vision is exciting to be a part of.

Cons

I wish we could be more data driven.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

Swoon2020-01-12

"The Best in Staffing"

Current Employee - Internal Team Member

I have been working at Swoon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Swoon is truly an amazing place to work. They are the change that we want to see in staffing by caring for their contractors, clients and team members. Corporate culture is that of strong values and commitment. The benefits to working at Swoon are: -Promote from within -Growing extremely fast so there is opportunity for growth -401K match - Insurance premiums paid for by the company -4 weeks' paid vacation -Recognition incentives that are so fun and bring the teams together -Volunteerism in the community -President's club (usually somewhere exotic and warm!) They have also implemented a modernized flexible work schedule My favorite part about working at Swoon is that everyone is so hard-working and dedicated. From the CEO and president to the senior leadership team to individual team members--everyone is helpful, kind and passionate about what they do. They are the heart of the company and it is inspiring to be working alongside a team that has integrity and determination.

Cons

There are no cons. No complaint here!

Swoon2019-12-26
  6. "Wouldn’t recommend"

Former Employee - Major Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Swoon full-time for less than a year

Pros

**I didn’t come from the staffing industry** Let me start off by saying they really pull you in with all the perks. Causal dress, laid back work environment, training and friendly employees. Swoon when I was hired in summer of 2019 paid for all my benefits which was apart of my salary which not to mention was a pretty great base with the possibility to make great compensation checks.

Cons

What they don’t tell you when your hired is that the training is aggressive. Maybe at most 2 weeks long and once you learn it your out on your own. Do or die. This became apparent when I continued to struggle and be lost with no direction. I had a manager who was a first time manager. She was nice, very successful and well liked within the company but didn’t know how to manage at the time. They continued to tell me what I was doing wrong but then wouldn’t take the extra time to help me correct what was wrong. I got so far down the wrong direction I was “let go” after just 7 weeks of being hired. Basically thrown into it expecting to just know everything about staffing. It’s hours and hours on the phone. Calling hiring managers (the job of a major account manager) trying to set meetings. Was never fully taught how to accomplish. Was always was told “we shouldn’t be calling these people, but we’re going to anyway.” Which was a red flag to me but it must work for some. The open office environment can be loud at times but they do have some smaller rooms for a more quiet place to work.

Swoon2020-01-13

"Not worth it"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Swoon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free healthcare. Not much more than that.

Cons

Zero work life balance, child-like drama, favoritism, etc. They say turn-around in the industry is normal, but the turn around at this company is CRAZY. I wish I listened to some of the negative reviews on Glassdoor before I started. They bump up their stats on Glassdoor with contractor reviews to make them look better but if you look on LinkedIn at how many people have stayed for only a year or two it paints a picture. Big caution about joining this company- you will not have a life, and when you try to it backfires on you. Many people who have left swear it was the worst job they ever had.

Advice to Management

Grow up and realize how important work life balance is, don't just say it- live it. Empower your teams and recruiters. Stop with enforcing metrics- they do nothing but create anxiety. Let your recruiters, do their jobs instead of monitoring their every move. You could learn a lot from the way other companies treat their employees with respect. "I have always believed that the way you treat your employees is the way they will treat your customers, and that people flourish when they are praised."- Richard Branson

Swoon2019-11-14

"Great staffing agency with support to"

Former Employee - Learning and Development Specialist in Winters, CA

I worked at Swoon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Had a great experience working with Kaylie and Krisanta at Swoon. They were recruiting for an assignment with PG&E. The whole way though they were there to give support and motivation. I will miss working for them as they really advocate for the employee not only their clients. Made themselves super accessible including after hours. Highly professional and thoughtful. I receive a package in the mail with Swoon swager. Although I never got to meet them in person I was able to build relationships with them through email and phone. So thankful for having to work with such great people.

Cons

None in my opinion.

Advice to Management

Please value these recruiters, as having been my first time working with a temp agency, thanks to them two I would have no problem working for you again in the future. Thank you Kaylie and Krisanta!

Swoon2019-09-15

"Too Much drama"

Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Swoon full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can make money if you're good at what you do and collect your bonuses. I love the owners of the company.

Cons

favoritism feels like your working in college environment. everyone is quite young.

Swoon2019-09-23

"(San Diego Office) Great people, awesome work location"

I worked at Swoon

Pros

Starting pay is really competitive, leadership is top notch, located right in the heart of downtown, opportunities to have quick and prolonged success.

Cons

No local market so you can’t meet up with local candidates and “Swoon” them.

Advice to Management

Keep it up, create a local market.

Swoon2019-01-22