Swoon Reviews

Updated 8 Jan 2021

4.5
Swoon Chief Executive Officer Michelle Baker (no image)
Michelle Baker
Pros
  • "I would highly recommend looking to swoon for future employment solutions(in 10 reviews)

• "Great people to work with from swoon across the board(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "None except work/life balance (depending on how you look at it) but perks/rewards balance out(in 13 reviews)

• "Work/Life balance but is typical of the staffing industry(in 7 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

"I've been working with Swoon Technology Resources for past 2+ years, who has been giving us excellent business."

Anonymous

I have been working at Swoon

Pros

It has been a pleasure working with all the employees at Swoon who are very dedicated towards their work. Especially- Sara Riggs, who's enthusiasm is infectious and her ability to lead is inspiring. She is an excellent manager that cares about her business partners and knows how to handle very different personalities. Anyone willing to work with Swoon would be very lucky and will learn a ton!

Cons

None I have heard of.

Continue reading
  2. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Swoon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Leadership, flexibility, clients, compensation, employees!

Cons

Staffing industry is tough in general!

"Great company with some growing pains - This is honest advice and feedback without emotion"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Swoon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Diversity, diversity & diversity. Loved the diversity. Good benefits, engaged leadership, decent pay. Support is always available as long as you're willing to ask. I was only there for a short time before coming to the conclusion that it just wasn't the industry nor the role I wanted to be in. I worked directly with the president, Andy, who was extremely supportive and a pretty cool guy. Motivating guy & will make you laugh daily. Communication was open, frequent and straight to the point. Learned about the industry and got familiar with a vertical I previously was unfamiliar with. $0 co-pay on benefits which is generous from any company. Internal promotions almost exclusively, they don't bring in outsiders to manage tenured employees, which I can appreciate. Staffing will make a big rebound eventually so there's a good business outlook for the company.

Cons

Bullhorn - training needs to be better and the system itself needs to be improved or scrapped and replaced. I was extremely frustrated because I would research and a add prospects to the CRM only to find out they're already in there. The CRM was tedious to work with, efficiency needs to be improved. Information would be archived so there was no way to search contacts/companies until all the leg work was done. Once the information would be entered the system would alert me to duplicates, but by then all the legwork was complete so it resulted in wasted efforts. There wasn't anyone in the company that was familiar enough with the CRM to be able to help. Information couldn't be uploaded en masse and had to be manually entered, this was honestly the most frustrating part of the job. I'm used to CRM's working to my advantage, in this case I really found Bullhorn to be more of a disadvantage. I was very vocal about this but unfortunately it was viewed more as an excuse which only added to my frustration.

January 11, 2021HR Specialist

Thank you for your feedback, and for sharing some of the challenges that you encountered. We always value open and honest communication, and wish you the best in your future endeavors!

4. "Below Average"

2.0
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Swoon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Running my own business however I would like.

Cons

Cold calling/emailing 99% of the time

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Credit Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Swoon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly staff who are very helpful. They definitely care about your success.

Cons

Haven't found any so far.

October 26, 2020HR Specialist

Thank you so much for your review! We love to hear any and all feedback, so please continue to let us know how we can support you!

"Supportive Contracting Company"

4.0
    Current Employee - Buyer in Peoria, IL
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Swoon full-time

Pros

Supportive in working with client company

Cons

high medical benefit cost, minimal benefits offered

7. COVID-19

"Outstanding support"

Current Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Swoon full-time for less than a year

Pros

They go above and beyond in preparing you to get a job and then successfully transfer into the position. They really are levels above any other staffing agency out there and I can't recommend them highly enough. *Everyone* that I've worked with at Swoon has been kind and very helpful. I haven't used Health Benefits yet but they seem to be fine.

Cons

Only that with the pandemic I haven't met these lovely people in person.

September 21, 2020HR Specialist

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are hoping that we can get together with you and all our wonderful employees soon!

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Swoon part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great stuff and good things are

Cons

No cons at all it is nice

Continue reading

"Professional, friendly, supportive, caring, and very responsive."

Current Employee - Technical Writer in Rocklin, CA

I have been working at Swoon full-time for less than a year

Pros

My experience with my personal Swoon contact/representative has been a very positive one with open, encouraging, and responsive communication. Swoon offers a very competitive compensation package with affordable health benefits options.

Cons

No cons so far. Because most agency business involves working remotely, you don't have the usual in-person meetings - which is just the way it is with most consulting agencies. However, it would be nice to have an opportunity to personally meet with Swoon contacts.

July 13, 2020HR Specialist

Thank you for your feedback! We LOVE meeting with our contracted employee's! In normal times, our team hosts regular happy hours, lunches, or dinners to gain that face to face interaction. Unfortunately, due to the Pandemic and for the safety of all our employees (contracted and internal alike) we have choosen to temporarily suspend in-person gatherings and travel. We look forward to meeting you in-person as soon as we are able! In the meantime, be on the lookout for our virtual happy hour invites!

"General"

Former Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Swoon full-time for less than a year

Pros

great company to make an impact

Cons

salary job but you work more than 40 hours a week

June 24, 2020HR Specialist

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear you had a positive experience, and value any additional ideas on how we can continue to do better!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 105 English Reviews