Telerik Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

3.6

"They had potential..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I worked at Telerik full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Attempted to be a "hip place" to work with a game room, free lunches, and happy hour once a week. Great healthcare benefits. All other benefits were pretty standard for the industry.

Cons

When I first started at the US office, it was a small niche group of people that truly wanted to succeed. Within 2 years, that all changed. Numerous times I witness hard working employees walked out by HR without a single negative review or constructive feedback. The turn over was monumental. HR had no idea what type of individual would be a good fit and hired anyone that applied. Most new hires never made it past... the introductory period. Once the staff had more than quadrupled in size, office management lost control. Communication broke down, and if you were caught in the cross-fires you were screwed. Some departments were able to stabilize, but with many offices scattered across the globe, it was virtually impossible. HR and upper management held onto their favorites, paid them structured bonuses, offered flexible working hours, remote capabilities and countless other perks. Any complaint was left on deaf ears or put a target on your back for the next round of layoffs. Others who had earned, or requested more, were fired or forced out. Countless directors were hired to try and stabilize the working environment, but every single one came in with guns blazing and left within 6 months. After 5 years, and zero opportunity for growth or professional advancement, it was time to move on. I turned in my resignation letter, finished or redistributed my workload, and informed my coworkers of my planned departure. On my last day I received zero guidance from my direct supervisor, their supervisor, office management or HR. To cover myself I asked a manager from another department to witness me turning in my laptop, key card and to walk me out. There was great potential. But they would not hand the reigns over to Progress. In return, they lost several valuable employees.

Advice to Management

Find managers that know how to manage or train internally. Support your employees equally across the board.

Telerik2019-06-18
  2. "Nice but without opportunities"

I worked at Telerik full-time

Pros

Nice environment and pretty good salary for BG standart

Cons

Lack of informations and communications....

Telerik2018-07-05
  3. "Okay- Management is sketchy"

I worked at Telerik

Pros

casual dress, competitive salary, good benefits

Cons

managers/higher ups are shady, high school environment

Telerik2017-12-31
  4. "Good company to work for"

I worked at Telerik full-time for less than a year

Pros

Telerik designs great software tools. When I joined, I was assigned a mentor who turned out to be a fantastic advocate when the company closed our office a few months later. The pay is competitive and they offered fantastic benefits for employees. They focused very well on teamwork. I'd go back to work for them.

Cons

The company was going through significant change and the top brass in Bulgaria didn't always communicate clearly with remote offices in the USA.

Advice to Management

Telerik was purchased by Progress Software shortly after I left so my advice would not be directed at the right people, who may no longer be there.

Telerik2016-11-30
  5. "ok company"

Software Developer in Sofia

I worked at Telerik for more than 3 years

Pros

benefits, pay, medical insurance, pension, location

Cons

office politics, no career progression

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

Telerik2016-10-15
  6. "Great Place!"

in Sofia

I worked at Telerik for more than a year

Pros

Talented and ambitious colleagues, great pay, great opportunity for growth and promotion.

Cons

Work is intense, stressful at times.

Telerik2016-05-30
  7. "Awesome company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sofia

I worked at Telerik full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company, where you work with a bunch of real amart people, exciting and challenging projects, competitive salaries

Cons

There could be a lot of overtime

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Telerik2016-03-11

"Not as fancy as it sounds"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sofia

I worked at Telerik full-time

Pros

The cafeteria is the only good thing

Cons

Attitudes are flying high everywhere, it is so bad that it disrupts the work process. The company prides itself with a CMS and an Analytics tool. Reality is both of them aren't particularly good. The company constantly goes through a process of firing people and hiring new ones, they cannot create teams that work.

Advice to Management

This advice is to the higher management. You guys definitely need to get a grip. The company is performing badly every year, people are coming and going. How can you just sit by and let this happen!?

Telerik2016-02-29

"Par to sub-par at best..."

I worked at Telerik full-time

Pros

In comparison to most places, honestly, none. They feed you like once a week, have a game room, and a pretty nice office with a decent layout that you can't really complain about.

Cons

Company attempts to maintain a "start-up" / loose culture, but they are far from a start-up and thus, naturally fail miserably at doing so. No room for upwards growth, none at all. The "open door" policy the middle-upper management claims to have isn't really one unless you are in with them/liked by them. Individual success isn't even really acknowledged or rewarded through promotion/raise. Another tech... company claiming "team environment" when really no one on the same team actually cares about their teammates success. Sure there's collaboration, but it's really every man for themselves...

Advice to Management

Just let Progress take the reigns already, it's only a matter of time - rip the bandaid off. The golden days in Telerik's US office are over and have been for some time now.

Telerik2016-01-27
  10. "Review"

I have been working at Telerik full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice and flexible working hours.

Cons

They could give better salary, now they are not quite competitive to the market

Telerik2015-12-24