Teradici Reviews

Found 48 of over 68 reviews

3.9
Teradici CEO David Smith
David Smith
Pros
  • "Excellent work-life balance and flexible hours(in 7 reviews)

• "My experiences with my co-workers are very positive, and the managers are great people to work with/for(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No career advancement opportunities for developers(in 2 reviews)

• "great technology, but not as prominent in the market as it could be(in 2 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Many opportunities to learn and lead.

Jul 13, 2021 - Software Developer in Burnaby, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Talented people. Very good mentors.

Cons

Promotions and salary reviews can be slow, making employee retention difficult.

2. 5.0

great culture

Jun 22, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in München, Bavaria, Bavaria
      Business Outlook

Pros

interesting projects, collaborative culture, busy pace with flexibility to take care of things that arise outside of work

Cons

while accessible by transit, office is a bit off the main track; importance of this factor is reduced by wfh

3. 5.0

Great Place to work

Mar 4, 2021 - Senior Solution Architect in Burnaby, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Salary, Team, Management, Office, People

Cons

There is not much to say

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best place to work at.

Feb 26, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Best people, excellent atmosphere to work.

Cons

No cons for this company

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great office environment, good pay, professionals to work with

Oct 13, 2015 - Senior Staff Engineer in Burnaby, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people working at Teradici at various departments are professionals and pleasant to work with, I would say 95%. Pay/benefit is very competitive and annual review process is fair and timely. The company is not afraid to pivot and always looking for an edge. Very cool technology to get involved for engineering and marketing as well. You get to use the technology you build everyday as part of IT setup (your desktop) so very cool. The application potential of the technology is immense. Opportunities to work with big partners like VMware, Amazon, Samsung, LG, etc are attractive. Lateral transfers are granted without negative nudges from managers. Great gym and shower facilities, allowing people to bike in and shower. Many active sports groups (soccer, jogging, yoga, squash, beech volleyball, table tennis, etc) exists so lunch time exercises are very enjoyable for those who wants to stay active. Lunch and working hours are very flexible so you can exercise and shower during lunch time. Burnaby office location is very convenient to drive into with lots of parking.

Cons

Of course, not everyone gets to go to the big meetings with big partners. It would be good if those opportunities are given for professional development. Teradici could be more competitive on RRSP matching.

2 people found this review helpful

Teradici Response

Recruitment Specialist

Dear fellow Teradician, Thank you for recognizing your colleagues for their awesomeness, and positively commenting on Teradici’s pay/benefit competiveness, cool technologies (use what we build), and perks like soccer, yoga and volleyball. I think it’s fair to say that most of us, here at Teradici, believe in doing a great job while having lots of fun doing it. Your ‘Advice to Management’ message is noted and will be shared with the executive team during our upcoming strategy meetings. Rest assured that we have great plans to help Teradicians develop their professional skills for better careers here at Teradici. We hope you’ll hear about them from your team leader(s). As for the RRSP contribution: Teradici wants to make sure that you reach your goals for long-term financial security in retirement. That is why Teradici is one of the few locally based companies that contributes towards the employee Registered Retirement Savings Plan without an employee matching requirement. Nevertheless, we would love to hear from you on how we can make it more competitive; so please feel free to contact us in confidence at careers@teradici.com. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with your fellow Glassdoor users.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Cool technology. Excellent customers and partners.

Nov 7, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

* Very innovative technology * Great company culture - everyone goes the extra mile to help * Best new employee on-boarding experience * Solid customer base * Excellent partnerships

Cons

As the company has migrated from hardware to cloud based software, there has been a lot of transition but it is heading in the right direction with a laser focus.

7. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great People, Lacking Strategic Vision

May 4, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great work-life balance and flexible work schedules (technology enables working remotely with ease) - Competitive compensation and benefits coverage - New office space and minor renovations help improve collaboration - Good focus on employee one-on-one's with managers on a regular basis - Centralized office location in Burnaby, BC - Fun culture with lots of socials and food - On-site amenities and activities are a plus (gym, showers, subsidized yoga, bootcamp, nearby soccer/hockey) - Flat organization structure enables ease of access to talk to executive level staff

Cons

- Lack of strategic direction and vision from top level and board of directors - Great technology, but not as prominent in the market as it should/can be - Organizational structure limits opportunities to move up into team lead roles - Lack of learning and development opportunities for non-management level staff - Bottlenecks in recruitment due to inability of hiring manager to make decisions on candidates (stems from top-level gate-keeping)

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Challenging yet very rewarding and enjoyable

Oct 16, 2015 - Design Engineer II in Barcelona
      Business Outlook

Pros

I initially joined Teradici as a Co-op student. I enjoyed it so much that I spent a solid 16 months working at the company and now I came back as a full-time employee! I guess what brought me back is a combination of a great working environment and relevant/challenging work. Another way to put this is that it doesn't feel like your just another tiny gear that is part of a much bigger machine! My experiences with my co-workers are very positive, and the managers are great people to work with/for. Overall, I am very pleased with Teradici.

Cons

None that I can think of. Nothing so far has left me with a negative feeling or thought.

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee

A company with Professional, Intelligent, Focused and Talented people!

Apr 28, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

One of the best hiring and interview processes I have experienced so far in 20+ years of my career! Once they find good talent and right person for the position they are both proactive and reactive! The entire process from my first telephone interview to getting an offer was managed very well and efficiently. The hiring manager and HR were super efficient, responsive and very cooperative. Am totally impressed! The work culture and environment is very friendly and everyone is super helpful. I love the work-Life balance! The entire Exec team is impressive and pretty strategic and focused!

Cons

None that I can think of as yet!!

Teradici Response

Recruitment Specialist

Dear fellow Teradician, Thanks for choosing Teradici as a place to put your previous experience into work, further develop your skills, and grow your career. And thanks for recognizing the interview panel for their professionalism and demeanour; you made us blush! Like you, we think that the Teradici Pervasive Computing Platform will bring us exciting new opportunities and look forward to having Teradicians like you onboard to help us achieve our goals. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with your fellow Glassdoor users.

10. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

The great chances to learn, innovate, do are refreshing -- but not without downsides.

Mar 19, 2015 - Staff Engineer in Burnaby, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cutting-edge technology that can disrupt the desktop and make virtualization pleasant for end-users, not just IT and management. Lots of great, competent co-workers. Existing revenue stream leads to some flexibility in choosing new problems to solve. Great wins in the marketplace, with feel-good aspects, as in Ministry of Education Malaysia -- making a real difference in a whole country's elementary student population. (Opportunities for this certainly exist in neighbors and other regions). Recent, painful dismissals were conducted professionally and the departing colleagues were treated fairly and well.

Cons

"Great wins" are not leading to more great wins. C- and below-C-level management doesn't seem to understand why. More managers-per-others than any other place I've worked. Culture is in danger of being eaten away by politics and empire building.

4 people found this review helpful