What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The people you work with are great and are the only thing keeping this place together." (in 623 reviews)
- "great culture and most of the colleagues are very knowledgable" (in 515 reviews)
- "benefits are good and high nice" (in 495 reviews)
- "Good work life balance if you reach a certain level" (in 461 reviews)
- "Most of the time the work was not exceptionally hard and the pay is good for the area." (in 231 reviews)
- "Low salaries compared to market i.e external NAM paid more than Unilever account controller." (in 388 reviews)
- "Poor management they only hire their friends and family" (in 158 reviews)
- "Slow career progression internally in Unilever" (in 129 reviews)
- "late working hours even on weekdays" (in 128 reviews)
- "Bad manager with no long term view" (in 114 reviews)
Found 8,882 of over 15T reviews
Updated 21 Sept 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 3.021 Sept 2023Anonymous/EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 5 years
An overall caring company Good compensation Flexi working Good benefits
Work life balance may be a challenge from time to time
- 3.012 Jun 2023Senior ManagerCurrent EmployeeBengaluru
1) Medical care is fully covered for employees, spouse and children which is great, this includes any doctor consultation, medicine cost, lab tests etc. Parental medical reimbursement is upto 95K with some conditions but still good. 2) Unlimited sick leaves annually. 3) Core technology work is fine but you would not be doing much hands on, fully dependent on vendor partners.
1) Highly political environment and mainly people with good presentation skill make fast progress even if they have not done much work but can project they have done so. 2) Work hours can be crazy many times and that is kind of norm here although there is a lot of talk on health and wellbeing. 3) MBAs are preferred here and somehow people can be in awe of these folks who may not understand a word of technology but can just talk a lot even if they do not actually have content.
- 4.05 Sept 2023Engineering ExecutiveFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsRājpura, Punjab
1. Cross -functional learning 2. A dynamic learning environment 3. Goodies and festive gifts
1. Work pressure in plant based role 2. Slow growth at executive level
- 5.05 Sept 2023Senior Marketing ExecutiveFormer Employee, more than 1 yearMumbai
Gives you the opportunity to make some real impact. Great work-life balance. Best available resources to grow & learn
Can be a bit overwhelming being around overachievers.
- 4.031 Aug 2023Senior Maintenance ExecutiveFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsHaridwār
Lot of learning Safety & quality standards followed regoursly New innovations & technology always implemented first
Poor work life balance less chance of getting promotion
Hey everyone! I’m working with Unilever currently. Just moved on to a marketing role post my sales stint. I want to make a switch to consulting and it has always seemed interesting work. Is it easy to switch from a CPG/FMCG industry to consulting? Are MBB firms open for folks like me? If you can put in a referral at any of your forms, pls let me know. Profile Tier 1 B school Post MBA work ex 4 yrs Pre MBA work ex 3 yes
I am having 2 years of experience in data science domain along with msc in CS. My current package is 1100000. Hindustan Unilever is offering 1300000 for Senior Executive Data Science role. Is it worth to switch? Current location Chennai (hybrid) HUL office Bangalore (hybrid) Also I got a recent hike in my current organisation so if I get the offer and show that to them how much Hike I can expect?
Unilever Reviews FAQs
Unilever has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 15,486 reviews left anonymously by employees. 86% of employees would recommend working at Unilever to a friend and 73% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
86% of Unilever employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Unilever 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.