WebEngage Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Full-timePart-time

4.3
Avlesh Singh

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Place, Amazing Opportunities!"

Current Employee - Senior Product Specialist
    Current Employee - Senior Product Specialist

I have been working at WebEngage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with WebEngage for almost 2 years now and the experience has been simply amazing throughout. Apt environment to work, learn and grow! Personally, I haven't had a single day where I saw a dip in my learning and being an enthusiastic start-up, it has always given a stage for employees to do wonders. One of the best places to work if you are a commitment driven individual, ready to grab opportunities and make it big!

Cons

None that I can think of!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and lets build an awesome solution!

"A Culture of Self Growth and Independence"

I have been working at WebEngage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great work environment
    - a lot of growth opportunities
    - freedom to make decisions
    - A great set of peers
    - direct access to higher management, aiding to learning and growth
    - Involvement in company level decisions
    - visibility and transparency
    - recognition for individual contributions

Cons

- being almost bootstrapped except a few small investments, the company is very cost sensitive. Which is good mostly but at times hampers a few expansion ideas
    - Physical Presence in limited geographies, need more touchpoints to grow at large

Advice to Management

Should look at expanding in more geographies in order to achieve higher company level goals.
    Keep trusting the in-house talent for higher roles as you always have.
    Also, it is ok to detach a few in the long run who are not aligned with company's growth goals.

3. "It's like family, if you treat it the same way"

Current Employee - Content Strategist in Mumbai
    Current Employee - Content Strategist in Mumbai

I have been working at WebEngage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A great work environment with multiple opportunities to grow at each level, across teams. If you have the drive, persistence & right attitude - nothing will stop you from making it big at this company.

Cons

No major cons as such. All growing companies face a certain amount of chaos in terms of structure, processes & delegation in their growth phase. But the people and management are always around to help.

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Mumbai
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Mumbai

Pros

Pros

I’ve spent just about over a year here at WebEngage and I could write an essay about what makes this place awesome. The first remarkable thing about WebEngage is how young the team is. Young and bright, with the right amount of focus - chasing their professional and personal goals.
    Everyone who has an ‘itch’ to prove themselves is encouraged to go pursue what they are seeking. It’s one of the pillars, WebEngage is built on. If you think you can do something new, something differently or something better; you will always be given the resources and necessary motivation to do so.
    Ask anyone what they like about WebEngage and they will answer “Culture”. What is this culture? Percolating from the Founders to everyone else within WebEngage has an atmosphere and environment to learn and grow. Avlesh and Ankit are always available to enable you to grow.
    I’m part of the Sales team and this is the most fun I’ve had working in any organization. The team is self-motivated and has the right amount of aggression to crack deals. That itself, speaks volumes of the leadership.
    A major plus point with WebEngage are the clients. WebEngage boasts of some major businesses Online and Offline, globally, where great impact is being made. Working with such businesses are, insightful in itself.
    Among other things there are a few small aspects which makes it fun working here - one of them is the Friday lunches. An hour where everyone catches up over lunch to banter or play a game of charades. The MACs!!, on-the-house snacks and the TT table to de-stress after talking to a particularly demanding client.
    Overall, this place has a great environment to work! WebEngage is growing and ensuring that they take everyone along.

Cons

It’s not even a negative point, considering the nature of the industry; but there are few women at WebEngage. The disparity is noticeable. However, there’s an active effort being made to change that, especially in the Sales Team. That said, the women love it here. The boys will really watch out for you and even take care to mind their language.

Advice to Management

None. You're doing a great job. Keep doing what you're doing. Keep valuing your people :-)

"Leading Light"

I have been working at WebEngage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A respectful management.
    A company with a long term carrier goal .
    A company who's employees are valued .
    A company which promotes employees growth by giving an opportunity .

Cons

They don't have anything called cons.

Advice to Management

Sky is the limit.

"Great learning opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Mumbai
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Mumbai

I have been working at WebEngage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Its like living a dream. There is enormous learning opportunity and exposure. You are free to take ownership, experiment new things on your own (probably similar to the Google 80-20 rule, they should make it official for all the teams)
    One can see the passion for their startup in both the co-founders and some early employees which percolates down to others.

Cons

There is limited knowledge transfer from the experienced folks, which they have admitted and started to address

Advice to Management

Don't get blinded by the current growth pace. Its just the beginning, you have a lot more to innovate and disrupt. We all believe in you and each other.
    You have had kickass teams and employees. Do not let them leave so easily.

"Great company"

I have been working at WebEngage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am writing this review because glassdoor doesn't let you view one unless you have added a review yourself.

- It's a great company. If you are in tech you should thank your stars for having been able to work under Ankit. This guy knows almost everything that is to be known about what he does. I am not a coder so I wouldn't really understand his actual forte but I would pay to listen to him. He had the best answer whenever I posed him any question.

- "Avlesh is a nice guy." Employees here do use this sentence to describe him and I know only few CEOs who ever manage to achieve this repute. You see culture of a company trickles down from its founders. So if they are sorted you got everything else covered.

- Clean, beautiful office, fancy office complex. Snacks, friday free lunch.

- Product is growing and so is clientele. They don't look at the investors with their tongue out for paying salaries. Having worked in such company I can tell you to disgust you feel.

Cons

Not really. If you keep your head down and focus on work you are going to grow both salary and position wise. Like any other company, this one too has some downsides but I feel ridiculous to mention them because they are ridiculous. For instance, somebody mentioned here low salary. Relax man, open your eyes. This is one of the highest paying tech companies I know. Don't compare with Flipkart and the likes. These companies even have their toilet paper sponsored by investors. Jabong's CEO didn't show up in office for 2 months so we got no comparison here.

Just do your job here. Everything will be taken care of.

Advice to Management

They just don't fire anyone. Never. This lets low performers stay in the team this just creates a safety bed for others who want to cut corners. You may be a solid high performing employee but if you see your peer getting away with minuscule KRA you would recalibrate your performance metric. Low performance is contagious and these guys don't get it.

8. "Great place for career growth, Please improve the HR"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mumbai
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mumbai

I have been working at WebEngage full-time

Pros

One will definitely enjoy working here.
    1.Great office,
    2. amazing people,
    3. the product is good( a little buggy, but has potential)
    4. the engineering team is great
    5. salary structure is pretty competitive.

Cons

1. The HR is pretty useless and inefficient, be it employee management or talent recruitment.
    2. Good people are leaving the company.
    3. HR people don't reach out to the freshers/interns who apply for a job.
    4. Even candidate profiles referred by senior engineers are left in the queue. As a result, candidates contact us again and again in Linkedin/email and finally join other companies.

Advice to Management

WebEngage is a great start-up where people want to work. Please take actions and get an efficient HR team.
    Also:
    1. Focus on Employee satisfaction,
    2. Proper Talent recruitment Policy

WebEngage Response

31 Oct 2017 – Co-founder & CEO

We are taking your feedback on hiring very seriously. You must have seen some improvement in the last 6 months, or thereabouts. If you still feel we aren't doing enough, please let tell us on how we... More

"Living The Dream :)"

Current Employee - Sales Development Manager in Mumbai
    Current Employee - Sales Development Manager in Mumbai

I have been working at WebEngage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. Unparalleled Industry Learning Experience
    2. Top Grade Work Related Tools And Resources
    3. Best in Class Company Infrastructure
    4. An Inspirational Management Team
    5. Just Awesome Work Life Culture Balance
    6. Free Eateries: 365x24x7
    7. Quite Flexible Work Timings
    8. Lunch On The House Fridays ;)

Cons

Absolutely Nothing At All :)

"Love this company!"

I have been working at WebEngage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I must admit. I feel compelled to write this review looking at the spate of negative reviews over the last few weeks. I feel its unwarranted and totally uncalled for. And all these negative reviews keep talking about some sort of doom or doomsday. Seriously?

Anyway, here goes.

1. Phenomenal learning: I’ve never experienced the kind of learning that I have at WebEngage in any of the companies I have worked at prior to WebEngage. And I have worked with startups as well as MNCs in the past. I see this phenomenal learning in almost every department at WebEngage. Almost all employees will attest to this.

2. Ownership: If you’re one who likes owning stuff and getting stuff done, this is the place you should work at. If you like being told what to do, please don’t think about joining WebEngage. As is common at a startup, we’re trying to make it work against all odds. We’re ramen profitable and hope to continue the same pace of growth without outside investments. This requires a high degree of ownership. If you’re ready to take complete ownership, you’ll go places. Not only is there a lot of learning, you also actually get to contribute directly to the success of the company.

3. Work culture: Work culture does not stop at free food, TT tables and the likes. Work culture is how you get treated by your colleagues, the kind of camaraderie that is there in the team, whether your feedback and opinions matter, whether you’re being mentored properly and so many other things. WebEngage has one of the best cultures you can find in any startup anywhere in the world. And I truly mean it. I know startups say this ad nauseam but you’ll have to take my word for it.

4. The true excitement of a startup: We’re not funded by millions from any VCs. We’re building a company based completely on cash flow. Money in. Money out. How many startups in India do that? While there might not be any big fat pay checks in WebEngage and that you normally see with the large B2C startups in India, the excitement that comes in WebEngage cannot be matched with that of many other startups in India. We’re trying to create something of value for the world here. Not India specific. We compete with global SAAS startups. Not just Indian startups. We’re creating things from scratch and we love doing what we do. Again, if you’re up for the challenge to create something and have a direct impact on the success of a startup, WebEngage is the place to be at. Believe you me, we will make it happen.

Cons

So here’s the thing. If you’re expecting to be told what to do, if you’re expecting to be commended on just doing your job, if you’re expecting a non-chaotic structured work environment, WebEngage is not the place for you.

That said, let me point out some cons in the company:

1. Hiring the wrong people in the past: We’ve really struggled with this one. In the past, we’ve hired people who were not up to the mark and we have had to let them go. Its not them. Its us. We just made bad hiring choices in the past. It wasn’t a good fit and we’re certainly improving on that aspect now. The argument of whether they left or whether they were fired is moot. Lets just move past this as it doesn’t really matter.

2. Being too nice: The company’s been really nice to people in the past. The killer instinct of getting stuff done was missing for sometime in the past and some people have taken undue advantage of that. We’ve got our mojo back and we’re on our way to killing it from here. Wait and watch.

Advice to Management

None really. Please get rid of the cry babies in the team if we still have any more of those. We need people who believe in what we are trying to create and are up to the mission. Not a bunch of cry babies who leave the company and post anonymous reviews on Glassdoor. So passive aggressive.

To all the haters here, let bygones be bygones. We’re trying to nurture and build something of value here. The least you could do is not post such negative reviews which not only affect the current employees but also future employees who might be reading all this. If you have issues, please write to us. We want to improve and your feedback will help us getting there. Such public bashing does not help you or WebEngage in any way. Unless of course your only objective is to vent, let your frustrations out and try in some meaningless ways to affect the success of the company. And in that case, I feel for you. We have too many naysayers telling us we will not make it. Please join that gang. Everyone loves being a keyboard warrior and an armchair critic. You can be one too! And while you're at it, you can watch us make it.