WebEngage Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Full-timePart-time

4.1
Avlesh Singh

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Just really the best work culture you can find out there"

Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Mumbai
    Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Mumbai

I worked at WebEngage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been with WebEngage for over 3 years and to say it's been the best professional years of my life would be an understatement. The best part about working here other than the inclusive nature of the employees, the benevolence and methodical workings of the management (don't get me wrong, they're still taskmasters) and the free lunches (of course!) is how much you WILL get to learn.
    There aren't a lot of companies that encourage cross-functional roles and WebEngage is where you to get to do it. It not only helped me develop my business acumen but greatly enriched my career. I attribute a lot of my professional growth to this organization and especially the management, who take everyone under their wing to help them grow professionally (and personally too!)

Cons

I don't really have anything negative to say about this place (maybe I'm biased), except that if you're expecting this to be a breeze, it isn't. It's always crunch time and this fast paced environment is not for the weak-hearted.

Advice to Management

Again, no advice here since the company and the culture that has been built is suited for an individual to thrive, so it's up to them to make the best use of what WebEngage has to offer. I treasure every moment that I've spent here and I can't recommend this place enough.

"Great workplace, almost a second home."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mumbai

I have been working at WebEngage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Feedom to explore latest tech trends and adapt them accordingly.
    Easily accessible higher management.
    Last, but not the least, fun loving and helpful colleagues.

Cons

A ceasing work from home policy.

"Good companies are made of good people who are leaving"

I worked at WebEngage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Good people
    - Friday lunch
    - Learning

Cons

- Incompetent manager
    - Arrogant CEO
    - Bad product with a lot of bugs

Advice to Management

Open your eyes, Mr. Avlesh Singh, no doubt you have put in a lot of effort to build this company but it is you who is leading it towards its doom. Stop being so arrogant and listen to people around you. Stop overpowering them in everything, you can't know everything. And stop ranting how good you were to the people who left you. You know some of your close ones also left you, accept it, make amends and move on. Accept your mistakes which made some of your best ones leave for your competitors and stop lying that you were about to fire them. you know who i am talking about.

"A former great company, rushing towards it's doom"

I worked at WebEngage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free Friday lunches
    TT table
    No targets.

Cons

No assistance or training provided
    Managers are under qualified and do not know how to work in a team or how to get work done
    A lot of buttering works.

Advice to Management

Some 17 people have left your company in the last 6 months. This can be attributed to quite a few things like, an over zealous HR who is doing everything except the part of their job, an over confident CEO who thinks his arrogance can run the company, a pathetic hiring strategy where they don't know how to assign roles or responsibilities and finally pathetic office policies.

6. "Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mumbai

Pros

Amazing work culture, friendly people, lots of exposure and things to learn.

Cons

If you're looking for exposure and knowledge this is the place but if you are looking for a very high end pay with loads of benefits you're in for some disappointment.

"Probably the best work culture you are ever going to find."

I worked at WebEngage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When you are supercharged and excited to go to work on Mondays, I guess that is enough to validate how awesome is your work place. I guess the best part about Webengage is its people and its "employee first policy". For Engineering folks there are regular tech-session every week. People never let you get stuck in your work, help comes from all ways and means. If you need a bit of diversion you can anytime go and play couple of Table Tennis matches (there is no such thing as couple of matches at webengage :p )

Cons

I don't think there is anything much to say here. There were things that needed some improvements and with time things are surely getting better.

Advice to Management

I think its time to look for a bigger workplace.

"Lead DevOps Engineer"

Former Employee - Lead DevOps Engineer in Mumbai
    Former Employee - Lead DevOps Engineer in Mumbai

I worked at WebEngage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great co-founders , small team , individuals are given the ability to make decisions independently and drive product and infrastructure changes , vibrant bunch of ppl to work with

Cons

some(not all .most of them are really nice) old employee's tend to exhibit natural tendencies of being territorial and being judgemental of one's lifestyle and habits which may ruin the culture in the future

Advice to Management

I'd be naive to advice anything to them but if there was one thing I'd ask them to focus more on overall employee happiness quotient than the few

"All is well"

I have been working at WebEngage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best founders ever. They're brilliant at what they do. I always look up to them.

Cons

Many key organizational processes are not in place - KPI definition, Incentive breakdown, etc...

Advice to Management

You have no idea how hated one of your managers is. And there is no way for an employee to convey this up the chain. Please look into this and have processes in place for this. Would hate to see talent churn here because of that reason.

"Grown leaps and bounds professionally"

Current Employee - Marketer in Mumbai
    Current Employee - Marketer in Mumbai

I have been working at WebEngage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- A work environment conducive to learning.
    - Flat organization structure, little hierarchy makes top management easily accessible
    - Flexible work timings, gentle leave policy
    - Camaraderie amongst colleagues.
    - On the house lunch every Friday followed by dumb-charades, frolic and fun.
    - Great work environment

Cons

- In high growth business environment, there is impending need to do urgent things first thus most of the times important things take back-seat. That's natural and can be minimized.

Advice to Management

Should not give up grasp on the business operations and intervene optimally as it has been. And don't cease to be source of wisdom.

"WebEngage Review"

Current Employee - Sales Development Executive in Mumbai
    Current Employee - Sales Development Executive in Mumbai

Pros

Here are my reasons to continue working for WebEngage
    1. Culture:- For what I have experienced one core-value of the company is Respect for each others job, No matter how small or big
    2. The flat structure:- The senior management is super accessible
    3. Training:- WebEngage focuses a lot on Product training and skill development. This type of focus on improving knowledge I have mostly seen in MNC's. WebEngage over the period of time have only added more and more things to read about in the knowledge base
    4. Flexibility:- Work-life balance is excellent.
    5. Focus on Career development.

Cons

I haven't come across any as of now, May be in future.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. The culture is great it would be awesome to focus on creating a few more core-values which focuses on us becoming better humans and employees.