alliantgroup, LP Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dhaval R. Jadav

Pros
  • Free food, long hours so that I cannot have any outside social interaction (in 34 reviews)

• Free lunch everyday, compensated well; wellness program (in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • Can't think of any con's - some folks think that there is no work/life balance (in 43 reviews)

• long hours when needed, one of our core identities is giving premiere client service (in 48 reviews)

"alliantgroup - best professional services firm in the world"

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been here for over 10 years and I can absolutely tell you there is no better professional services firm in the world. Each and every day, we work on helping US businesses and the US workforce/economy claim incentives they deserve and add much needed US jobs. At alliantgroup, we put our investment in our people first. There is a culture of absolute transparency and the sky is the limit as far as how well you can do here. I wish I had found alliantgroup a lot sooner in my career!

Cons

None noted. Nothing worth achieving comes easy. If you are all about helping the US while building an amazing career and working with an amazing group of people, then alliantgroup is the right place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Love the investment in your people. Amazing job Mr. Jadav in leading us!

"Perfect for Someone Looking to Grow"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity for the right kind of person. If you are looking for an environment that is going to challenge you to be the best professional that you can be, this is the right place for you.

Management is fantastic and constantly looks for new ways to invest in company personnel. The team leads are genuinely interested in developing their team members and are willing to "get in the trenches" with you.

Dhaval, the CEO, is brilliant and an all around good human-being. He genuinely cares about the development of people and has an open door policy.

If you have a "type A" personality, you will thrive here. The culture is performance focused and not on tenure, so the right kind of person can have a huge impact in a relatively short time.

Cons

As a tax consulting firm, you will have to deal with some long work days during (timely and extended) tax seasons.

Advice to Management

Keep finding new ways to invest in employees and the community. Provide more opportunities for teams to collaborate with each other.

"Endless Opportunity"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been out of school for nearly 15 years and I've never seen a company support professional and professional growth like alliantgroup. From day one, I've been invested in by my mentors and I've never had to ask for a raise, promotion, or development plan. Investment is Core Value number 1 and it shows! I'm so glad that I made the switch and joined this firm. It's been an incredible ride!

Cons

This is a tax consultancy firm. Because there are 2 tax seasons, there are 2 times each year that are really busy. It comes with the territory, though.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in each employee so that they have the same experience that I have had. It's been fantastic!

"Implementation Team***"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

alliantgroup is an amazing place to work. Every single day, my peers and I are pushed to grow as professionals. As my first job out of college, I was skeptical because of all of the bad reviews posted on GD.

All I can say is that I could not be happier. Is it challenging? yes. Am I learning new skills and techniques that will be invaluable to me for the rest of my career? yes! Do I have fun at work? YES!

Bottom line. The negative reviews are all bogus. They're probably written by ex-employees that were not cut out for this type of work and just wanted a job and a paycheck. This is not the place to work if you want to coast and watch the clock all day. Conversely, if you have a driver mentality and constantly ask "why" and "what's next," then working at alliantgroup will only inspire you to achieve your max potential.

Cons

Come one... of course there are "cons." We have had double-digit growth EVERY year of our existence. What does this mean? It means that there will never be a shortage of work, or layoffs... it also means that everyone has a lot of responsibility and opportunity. Not really a con, but definitely worth considering if you are just looking for a J-O-B.

Seriously, one "con" that does come to mind is that we are becoming too "process" driven and that is causing folks to stop thinking critically and rely on what the "process" tells them to do next.

Advice to Management

We need a better ERP system and please keep hiring bright minds!

"Are an achiever or a non performer"

Current Employee - Senior Associate Director in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Associate Director in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is an organization the will invest in you and go above and beyond to ensure you have what you need. So tired of these reviews about getting in before 8 and staying till 10 or 11. If you are a current employee and you are working those hours shame on you!!! If you have a problem with helping your team once you have completed a project shame on you!!! This is an opportunity for success unlike any other you will have in your life. Some make it and are thriving some retreat but are so bitter that they did not achieve success or cannot achieve success they choose to hide behind a computer and write about Harry Potter, kool aid and not having a life. News flash team leaders have kids, directors have kids, new employees have kids. The company hires both experienced employees and new graduates. Who else will hire a new grad and help them grow and develop?!? Travel nationally?!? Learn project management and leadership?!? This company puts all into every employee from day one. Who else does that? I have worked at another consulting firm. I was putting together PowerPoint slides in no contact with clients hoping the client renewed my project. I worked remotely and had very limited contact with the outside world. It was awful. My team cares what is happening with me both personally and professionally. The COO knows my name, background, and gives me feedback. Good luck finding that at your oil company or Accenture and PWC.

Cons

Horrible reviews written by those who simply could not make it. Notice grammar! Also who spends the day writing reviews on the internet!! Get to work.

Advice to Management

Hold your head up. Stick to training and development. Go out like you have and try news things. Don't let a few bad performers affect our long term goal

"Associate"

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX (US)

Pros

Collaborative environment - always bouncing ideas off of your team around you. Young and energetic atmosphere.
    Challenging & rewarding - we get to help business owners put money back in their pockets and grow our US economy. Very exciting!!
    Catered food EVERY DAY!

Cons

Can't think of any con's - some folks think that there is no work/life balance. But there is a busy season for any company, and unless you put the time in, you won't get anything out.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in those around you! Some of the new folks don't get exposed to a lot that goes on in here - invite them to meet other departments, and intermingle more on what's to come as we continue to grow!

"Associate Director"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

alliantgroup is an amazing coming to work for and gives you endless opportunities. In the few years I have been with the company, I have grown immensely. I was so micromanaged at my last job that I could not experience the power of a boss having trust in your decisions. This company has strong core values that allow you to not have a manage someone's every move.

I have had several jobs before this one and have never had a CEO who wants to have personal meeting with so many people a daily. If you have a concern or need his help he will make time on his calendar to sit and talk with you.

The CEO and the rest of upper management care so much about the success of every employees and their families. We have several events that based around family and friends. alliantgroup rented a whole water park for all employees and their families, bring your child to work day, cooking classes with spouses, fun runs and elaborate holiday parties.

Not only does the CEO care about his employees, he cares so much about giving back to the youth of Houston. A few examples of the charitable work alliantgroup has done, Habitat for Humanity, giving school supplies for the year to under privileged children at a local school. volunteered at Ronald McDonald and most recent has offered several $10,000 college scholarships for STEM students.

I will agree that it is not the right company for everyone. If you don't want to challenged and pushed to be a better version of yourself, then don't work here.

Cons

We give a lot of chances because of the investment we have in our people. The problem is we want them to succeed more than they do.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing all of us to be better and better. Hire more of the right people who believe in our culture and want to make it stronger.

9. "Director"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Each year I work at alliantgroup I learn so much and have more and more fun! The best and the brightest people work here and the work we do is so meaningful. If you like a challenging, faced paced environment with unlimited ability to advance, alliantgroup is the place for you.

Cons

There is a long period of training for new hires which can make them a little impatient waiting to be given client facing responsibilities.

Advice to Management

Don't stop pushing and challenging your people to be the best.

"Amazing Opportunity for the Right Personality"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My time at alliantgroup has been filled with ups and downs – struggles, setbacks, and growing pains – but I am extremely grateful for everything this company has provided for me.

This company and the various roles I’ve fulfilled have shaped me into the person I am today. Having previously been employed as an engineer with a Fortune 100 company, I can truly say the amount of knowledge, skill, and character development I have acquired are unlike anything I would have imagined. Since my time here, my mentality and overall focus has gone through several different iterations – all of which ultimately prove to be an evolution for the better.

I’ve grown as an individual, a leader, a student, and professional.

While all of the above are what keep me here and make me happy, I realize others may need something a bit more tangible to measure a prospective employer.

+ Excellent benefits (highly competitive salary, 401K match, great PTO allotment)
    + Challenging & rewarding work environment
    + Fantastic upward mobility and truly limitless potential

Cons

As you’ll probably hear time and time again, this job is not for everyone. I cannot emphasize that enough. To better understand what I mean, let me describe myself:

I’m a young (mid-20s) male, competitive to the core, extrovert, and an absolute workaholic. I’m also very resilient and am highly adaptable/teachable. Also, I’m not married.

And look, I understand people will say this job “drains you” or leaves “no room for a social life”. Social life? What else are you doing at 7 PM on a Wednesday night, watching re-runs of the Big Bang Theory?

My point is – my circumstances and environment allow me to invest a lot into my career. And because of that, I’ve found a company whose culture I thrive in.

The turnover at this company is high for a reason – people half-halfheartedly take a chance on a job they know deep down is not for them.

Advice to Management

Be more upfront with prospective employees about the work-life balance. I understand it's a delicate line to walk, in that you don't want to scare away a potential new-hire too early, but you're not doing anyone a favor by not being completely 100% forthcoming about the demands of the company.

Catered dinners all year round for those staying past 7 PM. If there are employees here working, it seems fair to provide dinner.

Keep the culture strong. In growing so fast, it's a challenge to maintain the same recipe without anything getting diluted or lost in translation.

"Sexual Harassment"

Pros

There aren't any pros that is worth dealing with the toxic company culture and sweat shop that alliantgroup is. All the positive reviews are written by current employees trying to get promoted.

Cons

I'm going to give one piece of advice....research the lawsuit against the CEO for sexual harassment and that will tell you all you need to know about the company culture. Culture starts at the top, after all.