deVere Group Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

deVere Group CEO Nigel Green
Nigel Green

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Not recommended for anyone who is not 100% committed and does not want to work long hours (in 39 reviews)

• Work-life balance is fairly non-existent (in 12 reviews)

1. "Business development associate"

Current Employee - Business Associate in Mumbai
    Current Employee - Business Associate in Mumbai

I have been working at deVere Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I don't see any pros for now

Cons

You are boss of your own. International exposure , good learning , get culture , career making opportunity :)

Advice to Management

No advise for now

2. "Financial Consultant"

Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Gurgaon, Haryana
    Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at deVere Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

a good place to learn

Cons

Salary structure and taxes should be taken care of properly

Advice to Management

pay some basic salary, rather than making a commision only job

3. "FInancial Consultant"

I have been working at deVere Group full-time

Pros

Great Commission structure if you meet targets

Cons

Commissions not fixed, no data provided for calling

"Worst Place to work in New Delhi"

Former Employee - Worked At Gurgaon Office in Gurgaon, Haryana
    Former Employee - Worked At Gurgaon Office in Gurgaon, Haryana

I worked at deVere Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This used to be a good place to work but new country head and HR made it the worse place to work.

Cons

- No HR support
    - Outsourced payroll which doesn't listen
    - Odd Timings

Advice to Management

Please hire some decent managers and qualified HR to run this office. Don't leave it under the hands of monkeys.

"Great place to learn skills"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New Delhi
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New Delhi

I have been working at deVere Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great training from the best in the industry, can make serious money if you can crack the expat wealth management game.

Cons

The number of expats in NCR region has come down, generating a prospect can be challenging but not impossible.

Advice to Management

Keep up the training, it's fantastic. Top management needs to be more interactive with consultants at ground zero rather than remote control from a different country.

"Needs a lot improvement"

Pros

Good opportunity to meet right people and network. work independently and with coordinator.

Cons

Company doesnt pay for fuel, transport. Yes you pay anything and everything from pocket. your working hard and devere takes your cut.

Advice to Management

Management needs to look after employees and see what better can be done than being greedy and not spending any single dime for employee satisfaction. Needs investment into lead sourcing as thats key which deVere lacks on

deVere Group Response

29 Mar 2016 – Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Your comments have been noted and will be passed along.

"A good place to work at"

I worked at deVere Group full-time

Pros

Good working atmosphere along excellent perks and benefits.

Cons

Management structure is not as per the expectation of being an mnc also more employee support need to be in place especially for new joiners.

deVere Group Response

19 Nov 2015 – Manager

your comments have been noted and will be passed on

We wish you all the best with your next adventure

8. "Business Development Manager"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I have been working at deVere Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Provide you with ongoing support and training to help you to continuously improve.
    Help you to learn a lot about the financial industry.
    Can be very financially rewarding.
    Great office environment.
    It challenges you, to be the best you can be. It also helps you learn a lot about yourself and what you can actually achieve when you put everything you have into it.

Cons

Long days and early starts - don't bother applying or going if you are lazy and not willing to put the work in.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

9. "Malta Training Academy 2018"

Current Employee - Financial Coordinator in Budapest (Hungary)
    Current Employee - Financial Coordinator in Budapest (Hungary)

I have been working at deVere Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The training academy definitely gives you an understanding of the financial industry in general, sales knowledge and what is expected from you and what you should expect from yourself to be successful hence a lot of people drop out and then leave bad reviews since they do not have what it takes. If you are employed by deVere you can gain qualifications in wealth management or go onto managerial positions worldwide, so the career progression is clearly defined. On top of that I actually had a couple of candidates on my course who were over 30. Since a lot of companies in the United Kingdom try and hire younger workers, at deVere this is no existent.

Cons

The working hours were very long and a lot of new information needed to be learned to stay on track and be successful during the course.

Advice to Management

A lot of the key management people in Malta have been doing their jobs for a very long time and are very good at it. Keep up what you are doing and thank you for the experience.

10. "BDM"

Current Employee - BDM in Fuengirola (Spain)
    Current Employee - BDM in Fuengirola (Spain)

I have been working at deVere Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've just finished the training course.

They push you very hard, so that only those who truly want the job get it.
    A large part of the pay is based on commission, which means that you can get much more than your basic salary.
    They contribute towards your flight, cover your accommodation, and the cost of the first exam.
    Once in your location, there is a rental allowance on top of your pay, which is quite useful.
    The company allows you to work in a different country than the one you're from. This for me is excellent.

I have only provided two ratings as I am new in my career and not experienced enough to provide feedback on work/life balance, senior management, and culture and values.

Cons

You can take the first two points from above. For some, they will be cons.

They push you very hard. Unless you have a goal in mind and see deVere as the means to achieve it, then you will probably drop out. The recruiters go out of their way to tell people it will be a difficult course, but many only understand the meaning of the word without truly having experienced difficulty in their lives. This leads them to underestimate the amount of work and discipline required.
    Before joining the the company, I decided that my priority is to earn money so as to rid myself of financial worries. For me, deVere is the best vehicle to achieve my goals, so there was no way I was going to quit.

Others did quit. They were more comfortable maintaining the status quo in their lives.

Whilst commission based pay means that talented and hardworking people can earn a serious salary, it also leaves the possibility of not earning much at all. This is something you have to weigh up. It makes sense for me, does it for you?

Some on my course were happier having the safety net of an entirely salary based job and left.

If you only want to work in the UK, this company is not for you, as it is a given that you will be required to start elsewhere.

Consider everything before you decide.