deVere Group Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
deVere Group CEO Nigel Green
Nigel Green

Pros
  • high earning potential- much more than anything in the UK (in 22 reviews)

• intensive training - learn a lot in a short time (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours and hard work but also very rewarding (in 21 reviews)

• Work-life balance is fairly non-existent (in 9 reviews)

1. "Great place to learn skills"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New Delhi
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New Delhi

I have been working at deVere Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great training from the best in the industry, can make serious money if you can crack the expat wealth management game.

Cons

The number of expats in NCR region has come down, generating a prospect can be challenging but not impossible.

Advice to Management

Keep up the training, it's fantastic. Top management needs to be more interactive with consultants at ground zero rather than remote control from a different country.

"A good place to work at"

I worked at deVere Group full-time

Pros

Good working atmosphere along excellent perks and benefits.

Cons

Management structure is not as per the expectation of being an mnc also more employee support need to be in place especially for new joiners.

deVere Group Response

19 Nov 2015 – Manager

Thank you for your review, your comments have been noted and will be passed on We wish you all the best with your next adventure

"Needs a lot improvement"

Pros

Good opportunity to meet right people and network. work independently and with coordinator.

Cons

Company doesnt pay for fuel, transport. Yes you pay anything and everything from pocket. your working hard and devere takes your cut.

Advice to Management

Management needs to look after employees and see what better can be done than being greedy and not spending any single dime for employee satisfaction. Needs investment into lead sourcing as thats key which deVere lacks on

deVere Group Response

29 Mar 2016 – Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Your comments have been noted and will be passed along.

5. "Financial Advisor"

Current Employee - Wealth Management
    Current Employee - Wealth Management

I have been working at deVere Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Essentially set up your own consultancy with the support of a international consultancy which allows for innovation and personalising of business plan.

Cons

Depending on office location and affect salary and bonus levels significantly.

6. "Business Development Associate (BDA) Malta"

Former Employee - Business Development Associate in Birkirkara (Malta)
    Former Employee - Business Development Associate in Birkirkara (Malta)

Pros

The company provide a good platform if you are looking to work abroad in the financial industry. The training by Nigel Green in the Malta office is invaluable from his many years in the industry and his view on the markets. There are opportunities to work all over the world and if you really work hard and try it can be very financially rewarding. Also the experience of living an working with Expats is like no other, you form very strong bonds with your co workers as you are all in it together and gain friends for life. Plus after a hard week at work there is nothing like going to the beach or hitting the clubs of a weekend.

Cons

The hours are long and the basic salary is low. This is to stop you getting to comfortable in their point of view and push to earn comms however when moving abroad and trying to get a place to live the costs can be quite high. I think the salary could do with being a bit higher as some countries can be quite expensive and hard to adjust too. Also when moving to Malta there is a high tax for the first 6 months of 35% which the "in house recruiters" fail to mention, this meant house sharing is necessary, which isn't a massive deal but it would have been good to have known. This is why I have given 4 Stars not 5. Also the work life balance is dire, however this is down to the role and is what you have to do too succeed, its not really the companies issue.

Advice to Management

Be more honest in the recruitment process. The information which is omitted from the process is more harmful than good in the long run. It creates a divide between recruiters and the rest of the staff in the office because they resent them once they get there, and you could bypass all the agro by just raising the wages for the first 6 months to counter the tax. I know you can afford it Nigel, the Ferrari 458 was just pennies to you anyway.

7. "Grad Scheme"

Current Employee - Associate Wealth Management Advisor
    Current Employee - Associate Wealth Management Advisor

I have been working at deVere Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great exposure to well driven CEO
    Regular contact with investment institutions and their understanding of markets
    Living and working overseas
    Really hard work eventually leads to a great salary

Cons

Takes a long time to build pipeline and receive commission
    Lack of training (CPD)
    A bit more structure could push the company further, especially when considering existing clients moving from country to country

Advice to Management

Management in my office was pretty fantastic as I had a very close relationship with the MD. I earned his respect through hard work and if you don't achieve this the job can be really tough.

8. "BDA programme"

Current Employee - Broker in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Current Employee - Broker in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I have been working at deVere Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of useful training
    Great opportunity if you are willing to work hard
    The earning potentials are achievable
    Chance to travel world wide

The training in Malta is tough, but it's absolutely worth it! The trainers are great and if your with a good bunch it's a great laugh. The company will provide you with all the tools and knowledge you need to succeed within the industry.

Cons

Early morning/ long hours

I can understand why people are slightly sceptical of the company when looking at a career with DeVere but I can assure you, if your committed and willing to work hard the rewards are absolutely there to get.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

9. "Moving in the right direction"

I have been working at deVere Group full-time

Pros

good company with good vision. Consistently reviewing funds and processes to make planning cheaper and more efficient for the clients.

Cons

Some of the back office processes are still dated and in the process of being reviewed. Some of the older staff are dated and also in need of updating.

Advice to Management

Managing people is not the same as managing clients. Perhaps the two should not be intertwined. I like the direction the company is moving in.

10. "Trainee Wealth Advisor"

I have been working at deVere Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In my case I was looking for a traineeship where my professional development could be made a priority. The pay was second for me and the international aspect was a bonus. In my mind that comes with time.

I have just finished the 3 week Malta academy. You've seen the reviews. It is a tough job but if you think you'll be living a glamorous life style straight away then you're naive and probably not ready for this Traineeship.

Always put things into perspective and be open minded, I read the reviews too and chose to find out for myself. I had a great time.

Professional development - structured programme, in-house training team

High earning potential

International placement - it was very much my choice where I went and I spoke with management there before leaving Malta

Cons

Manage your expectations and there shouldn't be any cons. Also, keep your eye on the big picture, don't take things personally i.e. your manager telling you off (which happens in every job) and realise that you're at the beginning of your career.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Meeting regional heads and other senior staff was great.

11. "Graduate Programme"

I have been working at deVere Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Over the last three weeks, I experienced the work environment at the office of the deVere Group in Malta. During this fantastic period of time, I was enabled to enhance my performance and raise the bar time after time. The management assisted me by providing constructive feedback which ensured me to excel and foremost continuously develop.

In addition, the positive energy and helpful colleagues create a vibe that foresees an initial drive to improve, learn and perform. The graduate programme is highly structured and the sophisticated approach by the management ensures a definite contribution to the continuous development of the graduates. Subsequently, the company believes in the strength of the individual while being part of the overall team. This made me able to take care of my own responsibilities, discuss ideas with the management and to utilize my creativity to propose suggestions to improve various business processes.

From the bottom of my heart, I can strongly recommend this programme to everyone who is open-minded, eager to learn a lot and foremost willing to challenges him/herself time after time!

Cons

During the first three weeks of the programme you will be located in Malta. This means that you will have to experience a new culture, enjoy the flora and fauna and as last but not least meet fantastic people.

All best with that....

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, stay involved with the graduates and pursue with this fantastic opportunity!