easyJet Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

4.1
easyJet Chief Executive Officer Johan Lundgren
Johan Lundgren

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great benefits including staff travel" (in 43 reviews)

• "Really fast paced and loads to do" (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours, short notice roster changes but still a great company" (in 26 reviews)

• "Work/life balance still needs to get better - trust people to WFH" (in 9 reviews)

1. "Best Years of My Career"

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Mumbai
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Mumbai

I worked at easyJet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Best part working in easyJet's backend process is you understand the industry Standards. What you are expected to do, its fast paced and one has to keep up with it.
    Lot of responsibility.
    Lot of learning - from understanding a foreign accent to being a developed professional.

Cons

Timings.
    Timings.
    and Timings.
    Few weeks you don't get to see the Sun Rise.
    Few weeks you don't get to see the Sun Set.
    and time just flies.

Advice to Management

Please look after the people working offshore.

29 Sep 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

What a nice title of your review! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this - we wish you all the best. Thanks

"Fast-growing Data Science team in the wannabe most data-driven airline in the world!"

I have been working at easyJet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

With the recent investments in the latest cloud technologies and the appointment of a Chief Data Officer, this is the best time ever to be a Data Scientist at easyJet.

The team is very laid back & friendly and still medium sized (around 15 data scientists) but it will be twice as big in the next 12-18 months.

The most interesting part of the job is the broad range of projects you could end up working on (and in such a complicated business!), which is quite a unique opportunity -- unless you work for a consulting firm.

Also, given the scale of the business, a successful project could easily have a huge impact on the company revenue/profit, which is quite rewarding.

Very supportive and competent senior management. There's budget for personal development and training (online courses, conferences, books, etc.).

With the expansion of the team, there's lot of room for career progression for anyone who has the ambition of becoming a future leader. Salary is in the average of data science market in London area. Staff travel tickets are great!

Cons

Poor facilities, in particular IT equipment (such as monitors), and noisy open-space office (not ideal for coding and staying focused). But management is aware of the issue and is taking concrete actions to fix it. A much better workspace is expected to be delivered in the next couple of months.

IT service desk can be extremely painful to go through, especially for the initial setup.

Advice to Management

Work harder to get your employees better working conditions and their productivity will grow massively. So said, keep believing in the power of data, you really have a chance to reshape this company!

3. "Flight Crew"

I have been working at easyJet full-time

Pros

Great people, financially stable company

Cons

You are truly a beast of burden during July and August

10 Oct 2018 – Operations Recruiter

Hi, thank you very much for taking the time to leave your 5 star review! From a current employee this is always so nice to see. Please continue your hard work.

4. "Amazing place to work as a data scientist"

I have been working at easyJet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Fantastic, growing Data Science team with very smart but casual people. Everyone is easygoing. There are a lot of PhDs so there is a semi-academic research environment.

- Excellent work/life balance with the right amount of pressure to keep you on track but not to overstress you.

- Challenging and interesting projects with real impact on millions of passengers per month. One of the few cases that your work does change the world.

- Compensation is above the market average and the benefits are good, e.g, stuff travel, shares scheme, bike to work etc.

- The company overall has a very inspiring atmosphere. People dream big and there is this orange family vibe that truly makes you feel part of the organisation.

Cons

- If you decide to live in London, commuting can take between 30min and 1.5 hr.

- The current infrastructure is being upgraded and the building is being renovated. While it will be amazing in 2-3 years, currently it looks a bit old-fashioned.

- At the moment there are no complimentary drinks and fruits for employees although soon the company will introduce them.

Advice to Management

While the two genders are balanced in the company, the technical teams seem to have more males. While this is representative of the market, the management should try to attract more females in technical positions.

Keep up the good work and keep the communication channels with the team open. The team is growing rapidly so try no to lose this feat. It is what makes the team fantastic.

19 Sep 2018 – Operations Recruiter

Hi. First of all thank you for taking the time to leave this review & wow, what a lovely review it is! The pros you mention are exactly what we try to perceive ourselves as in the market so we are... More

5. "Good place to work in general"

Current Employee - Training Captain in Bristol, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Training Captain in Bristol, England (UK)

I have been working at easyJet full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Salary. Share schemes. Choice of bases. Career prog

Cons

Work very hard. Company can be take take take.

Advice to Management

Listen to your work force

10 Oct 2018 – Operations Recruiter

Hi, thank you very much for your review. You make reference to several points that we are away of and are working hard to resolve; but I am also pleased to hear our benefits are a PRO for yo. Please... More

"great dynamic company with good opportunities"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Luton, East of England, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Luton, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at easyJet full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Support career aspirations and development

Cons

can be a little busy and a 40 hour week as standard

19 Sep 2018 – Operations Recruiter

Hi, thank you very much for leaving your review. Please continue your hard work with us, and all the best for your career here.

7. "Wonderful place to work."

Current Employee - Test Analyst in Luton, East of England, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Test Analyst in Luton, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at easyJet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing company to work with. Very friendly people.

Cons

No much fun at work. Everyone is too focused only on work and their is very less fun arranged by company or team.

2 Oct 2018 – Operations Recruiter

Hi, thank you very much for your review. It is always great to hear our employees review us positively. You make a valid point regarding social / fun, but the Culture Committee do organise a fair... More

8. "Captain"

I have been working at easyJet full-time

Pros

Enjoyable job within a company that allow you freedom on a day to day basis. Very secure job with good compensation once you establish yourself after a few years.

Cons

Shift work and unsocial hours.

Advice to Management

Keep doing the same.

11 Sep 2018 – Operations Recruiter

Hi, thank you very much for your 5 star review. We will keep doing what we are doing and hopefully you will continue your career with us for many years. Thanks again

9. "EasyJet"

I worked at easyJet full-time

Pros

Innovative, lots of responsibility and autonomy

Cons

Under resourced in personnel and systems

3 Sep 2018 – Operations Recruiter

Hi, thank you very much for taking the time to leave your review. As you are a former employee, we wish you all the best with your future career. Thanks

10. "easyJet Salary"

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at easyJet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very good company to work for, great people, respect towards the employee.

Cons

Fixed Term Contracts, employees are not offered extension of contract upon expiry and if good performance are being called back for another seasonal contract, first few months are quite hard as sector pay comes one month in arrears.

Advice to Management

Keep the employees that worth to be kept and look beyond numbers on paper.

11 Sep 2018 – Operations Recruiter

Hi, thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review. You make a very good point around the fixed term contracts and one that I will flag to the recruitment team.
     Please continue your... More