3M Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

3M Interview Questions

Interviews at 3M

2.8

Windows Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 3M in September 2020.

Interview

There was an online test with two SQL and two Python questions. They wanted to hire a windows person with PowerShell experience so it was odd that they didn’t even ask about it. 3 hour marathon interview where the director shouted me down and told me I was wrong. Almost hung up on the process after that. Didn’t get an offer but wouldn’t want one working with that negativity.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at 3M.

Interview

3 Phone interview (they talked about 3M and asked about my projects mentioned in my CV)
    One on-site interview (presented my work to a group of very nice people and had multiple one on one interviews)

Interview Questions

3M Response

8 May 2020 – Employment Brand Team

Hello,

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you had a positive interview experience with 3M and appreciate you sharing this with us.

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at 3M.

Interview

I connected through campus recruiting. Interviewers were very cordial and helped find me the best fit within the company. They asked me why 3M and about my background. I interviewed with 2 people for 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions

3M Response

20 Apr 2020 – Employment Brand Team

Hello,

Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear that you had a positive interview experience, and congratulations on your job offer!

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at 3M.

Interview

Involves a tour, a group interview, and a interview with your managers. You get a chance to talk to other peers one and ask them questions about the job and they see how well you would fit into the culture there

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about my speaking abilities and confidence   1 Answer

Hello,

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you had a positive interview experience and congratulations on accepting an offer with 3M!

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at 3M.

Interview

submit resume and got a review on campus. the review took about 45 minutes. not much tech question. just behavioral. i got an interview with two other person from 3M one of those person is the IT manager.

Interview Questions

3M Response

Hello,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 3M.

Interview

First had a phone screening, where they asked me about basic CS concepts.
    Then there was supposed to be an on site interview, but I took it remotely. It consisted of a a coding challenge, a math riddle, technical questions, and behaviorals

Interview Questions

• Given a string, return a boolean if it contains every letter int the alphabet   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at 3M (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

First communication was a phone interview to get some background on me and to answer any questions I might have. Second was a engineering team interview. Not to difficult. 2 follow up interviews by fellow managers.

Interview Questions

3M Response

23 Dec 2019 – Employment Brand Team

Hello,

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience interviewing with 3M.

Optimized Operations Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at 3M (Minneapolis, MN (US)).

Interview

They flew the candidates and myself out to their headquarters in Minneapolis, MN. There was a social event with the Optimized Operations (O2) Managers the night before. The managers discussed their career paths and shared more detailed information regarding the program. The next day, they interviewed us, gave us a tour, and a presentation over the O2 program.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you questioned your own personal integrity and ethics.   Answer Question

2 Dec 2019 – Employment Brand Team

Hello,

Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear that you had a positive interview experience, and congratulations on accepting an offer!

02 Rotational Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

The first step was to start with a phone screening. After the phone screening, they flew me to Minnesota to do an in-person interview and get a tour of the buildings

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were tempted to be unethical.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN (US)).

Interview

Very personal and communicative throughout the interview process. You get to talk to many people involved in the program, and they make sure that you get a chance to answer all questions that you have.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.