3M Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

3M Interview Questions

Updated 19 Apr 2018

2.7

Technical Aide Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 3M.

Interview

The process was very efficient and comfortable. I was contacted to interview at 3M Center and fell in love with the campus right away. I accepted the offer and was able to continue working there along with school.

Interview Questions

• What is something you've worked on with a group in class?   Answer Question

Devops Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 3M.

Interview

It’s similar in all the companies call you have an phone interview ,then other the office!
    Then they will call you if you’re selected and if no they will call you .
    To tell you you’re not be more in the process

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at 3M (Albany, NY (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

I was given a phone screen date/time, and the recruiter did not call or didn't answer my question as to why. Just received a rejection email as well. This just shows me how unprofessional 3M is.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 3M in March 2018.

Interview

Phone screen with hiring manager and a technical person. Same day asked to do a work sample. I made a point of rearranging my schedule to find time to do the work sample. A week passed with no contact and I had to email the hiring manager to get an acknowledgement that they received my work sample. I do get a response saying I will receive feedback "shortly". A week later I get an automated email telling me I am no longer being considered. I wait a couple days figuring the hiring manager would contact me with some more info. I eventually emailed the hiring manager asking to get feedback from the work sample. I never even get a response from the hiring manager. Maybe I'm expecting too much, but not responding to candidates with simple requests seems unprofessional to me.

I'm left not even knowing if they looked at my work sample. That's a really frustrating outcome for someone with a non-traditional background for data science. I don't know if I need to strengthen certain technical skills or not. I certainly would think twice before investing time into 3M's hiring process again.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain to a skeptic that there was a correlation between 2 variables when you have showed them a scatter plot that has an obvious strong linear correlation between the 2 variables?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at 3M.

Interview

Interview went easy, friendly conversation until they blatantly asked me the ages of my children. This crossed the line with discrimination of ageism. Watch out if you are not under 40.

Optimized Operations Interview

Interview

Met recruiter at an on campus networking breakfast; was offered interview next day. It was essentially all behavioral/experience related questions. Really nice interviewer and a good experience. Unfortunately my GPA was too low to get hired.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at 3M.

Interview

I initially spoke with the HR Rep, was passed on for an interview with the Hiring Manager then a panel interview with some of the team. Pretty straightforward question and answer interview using STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with a difficult customer or client and if so, how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

This was a long process, you go through many different interviews. It is always good to know someone within the company to try to get an "in" within this company.

Marketing Manager Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Maple Grove, MN (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Quite a hurried experience. I applied late Dec 2017. I was called the 2nd week of Jan 2018 for one on-site interview with two managers. I advanced to the next level and was contacted immediately for a follow-up interview with the Director. I was praised in all interviews which led me to I think there would be a positive outcome, yet, all I have received was complete and utter 'radio silence.' I did not hear from the team, or HR on the outcome (positive or negative).

ATTN 3M: Reconsider your recruiting communications approach. Based on conversations I have had with colleagues who have relocated to MN for their companies (all Fortune 500 firms), and have considered transitioning to a different company, 3M was ranked as one of the worst. You should look at your competitor GE, or, even a different industry such as General Mills or Johnson&Johnson and learn from their playbook. For example, Gen Mills recruiting playbook makes the effort to give their interviewees a response within 3 business days post-interview, while J&J uses an interactive tool called 'Shine' which allows candidates to track their candidacy.

You will never attract/retain top-talent with these antiquated practices that do not exhibit the way people want to be informed/acknowledged during the recruiting process.

Interview Questions

• The questions were basic behavioral questions and some case questions you can answer in a STAR questions   Answer Question

Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, IA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 3M (Knoxville, IA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

back ground jobs overview, jobs I have worked for in the past my current job and my military background. Then the questions they have to ask about situations and how you handled them or would have handled them. then lastly they wanted to know if I had any questions for them.

Interview Questions

• when having a conflict with a fellow employee how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.