3M Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at 3M

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Tech Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maplewood, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Maplewood, MN (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Was a very straight foward interview process. Met with the head of commercial solutions divisions, she basically asked me about the jobs I'd listed on my resume. The supervisor that I'd be working more closely with joined us about half way through and finished the interview. After the interview concluded, he gave me a tour of the facilities.

Interview Questions

• Describe the work I did for various employers I'd listed on my resume. How did I plan on getting to the job if I got it?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maplewood, MN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Maplewood, MN (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

Lengthy interview- at least for industrial business group. Series of three or four interviews. Each looking for something different.
    Interview with a large group of interviewees. Be prepared for a long day

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

Pretty lengthy. Full day interview with multiple hiring managers. Be prepared to role play. Some of the role plays are pretty useless and weren't situations you'd encounter. Don't get intimidated.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

Grueling, full day of interviewing. Multiple rounds of group interviews with training staff and management. Presentation included - present about something that you are interested in, 10 minutes with a panel.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

Phone interview, flew to st. paul minnesota for a day of group interviews. Incredibly difficult and grueling process. Training/hiring team is very informed on how to interview and vet prospects - very difficult but rewarding when i got the job. Presentation in front of hiring team - very nerve racking experience. Went in December during the harsh MN cold - coolest thing ever.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN (US)).

Interview

Long process. You will need the entire work day to complete. Started with a phone interview and then they fly you to St. Paul for in-person interviews with the entire training team of about 6 or 7 people. After a full day of interviews and presentations they fly you back to your respective city.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to lead in your last position.   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Saint Paul, MN (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied for a Senior Paralegal position and was contacted for a phone interview within a week. The phone interview consisted of basic questions regarding my experience and knowledge and I was asked to come in for an in-person interview at the end of the call. I interviewed with 8 people over 3 hours. It was not a difficult interview, but it was a very long process. I was told I would hear back from someone "soon". I thought it went very well and I sent my thank you notes. Three weeks later I finally got a generic "thanks, but no thanks" email. I was not impressed with their lack of communication.

Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 3M (Atlanta, GA (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was very easy and laid back. My Manager and Supervisor asked basic planning questions to ensure I could do the job well. Both parties were very laid back and had been with the company for years.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at 3M (Albany, NY (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

I was given a phone screen date/time, and the recruiter did not call or didn't answer my question as to why. Just received a rejection email as well. This just shows me how unprofessional 3M is.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 3M.

Interview

Interview lasts for 30 to 40 min with all sort of behavioral and prior experience questions. Overall experience is good and hoping the best. The team is very good and took very good care of the visitors and employees.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at 3M (New York, NY (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied online and got an email to set up a time to discuss my experience. Made it to the next round of interviewing with a project manager and Senior software engineer. Got a decline 2 hrs after that interview... Answered all the questions and I thought it went okay. Not really a technical interview just basic java questions...

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.