Amadeus Graduate Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Amadeus Graduate Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Amadeus

3.1

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amadeus.

Interview

I was told that there were totally 3 rounds of interview. First was a coding challenge, after which an HR had called for a phone interview. The last round was a phone technical interview. The technical interview went for longer than I had expected.

Interview Questions

• What would you change in the airline reservation system if you had to?   Answer Question
  • What are the different components of STL?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amadeus

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amadeus (London, England (UK)) in November 2018.

Interview

The process was straight forward, after submitting CV, it was a technical test on the website codingame. After that was 2 rounds of a phone interview with HR and manager. The final round was AC day and interview with the director.

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Amadeus (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Great interview. there was typical personality tests and a quick telephone interview and online technical test involving some coding in codingame.com . The there was an assessment day with a individual interview by HR and a senior, building tour and a monitored group activity. Then there was the most important part, interview with a director. this is were I messed up, it is at the end of the day and you are probably very tired. I failed to show my ambitions and certainty to him.

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amadeus.

Interview

Brief presentation with an overview of the company. This was followed by either an interview with a manager and a member of HR then a tour of the building, or vice versa. Following lunch all interviewees took part in a team exercise to design an application for flight booking and management. Dependant on how the rest of the day went, you could then be asked for a further interview with a highly placed staff member.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you know about Amadeus   Answer Question
    • What are the benefits of using Java over using C++?   1 Answer

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Heathrow, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amadeus (Heathrow, England (UK)) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied through social media ad.

Initially a telephone interview to ask about motivation and HR style questions. Then I was given a Java test. Very difficult as it was a quick fire questions on reading + coding in less than a minute.
    After that they called to give a short telephone screening to brief on the assessment day.
    The assessment day is a whole day event which contains interviews, group exercise and your around the office. They also catered to my dietary requirements. Overall it was a friendly atmosphere.

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amadeus (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Online test followed by an assessment centre . Online test focused on c++ knowledge and application. Assessment centre had a technical exercise followed by an interview. Average difficulty and friendly staff.

Interview Questions

• Mainly questions about previous knowledge and projects I have worked on.   Answer Question

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amadeus (London, England (UK)) in October 2013.

Interview

An online test, then Assesment Center, then a final interview

Interview Questions

• After doing your MSc. what would you have done differently in your former job?
      Tell me a tool to asses performance in C++   Answer Question

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Heathrow, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amadeus (Heathrow, England (UK)).

Interview

The process involves first filling out an application form. These are pretty standard questions, Why you want to work at Amadeus etc. The second stage involves an online timed examination based on a language of your choice, between Java and C++. The test consist of 25 questions which was a mixture of multiple choice and empty form boxes to be filled in. For some reason the Java exam I did emphasises a lot on the specifics of Swing and AWT and the design patterns used in them. A ridiculous topic to examine graduates on.

The next stage is the assessment centre, you will have an exam with a mock programming language which tests your ability to create simple methods which use assignment statements and loops of all sorts. There is also a technical interview which is a run down of what you have listed on your CV and a competency based interview.

Overall I thought the process was fairly straight forward.

Here is what I picked up:

- The atmosphere was very black and white, as a graduate there are no appealing elements that would attract you to this position unless you have a real interest in Departure Control Systems. They also employ the Waterfall method and do not use agile, I personally favour working in an agile environment.

- The existing graduates working at Amadeus didn't seem too enthusiastic in there Job either.

- A very multicultural environment, prepare to encounter accents of varying degrees. Its not your fault if you find some people difficult to understand, especially if they are the ones interviewing you.

- Terrible HR don't expect them to let you know if you failed. Because to them you are not worth it. I chased them up for constructive feedback, this was not provided either. If their Job is to oversee the recruitment process, why aren't they doing there job by letting me know? They wont reply to your emails either. Sounds like they have a great job, getting paid not do there job.

- Interviews are fairly intimidating.

Im going to list all questions I can remember, not necessarily difficult, i figured it would help some of you out ->

Interview Questions

• Here at Amadeus we encourage a multicultural environment, could you give me an example of when you have worked in a multicultural environment? How did you handle it?   1 Answer
    • What role in a team do naturally gravitate towards?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Amadeus?   1 Answer
    • Have you applied for any other Graduate positions?   1 Answer

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Heathrow, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amadeus (Heathrow, England (UK)) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied online. After several weeks, I was asked to finish an online C++ or Java test. After that, I was invited to the company at the airport to attend the AC. Another technical test was asked to finish but it was not difficult. After the test, I got a HR interview and a technical interview from one of their manager.

Interview Questions

• You need to be familiar with Java swing and gui to pass the java test   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.