American Express Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 2,770 of over 2,770.0 interviews

Recruiter11%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY)

Interview

You have to take a programming test before you can get interviewed 2 more times. And from there, they will ask you a technical interview, and then they will give you a more behavioral interview and more opportunities to ask questions on the company themselves

Interview Questions
  • They asked if I can determine if a number is divisible by 3 with no remainders without using %.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY)

Interview

Phone screen and 30 minute interview Feedback was promised within 48 hours. It’s been a week, no email or communication at all. Salary bands are essentially non-negotiable and below market.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

American Express

Application

I interviewed at American Express

Interview

Process was simple. Recruiters were great and prepped you for the Interview. There's two phases of interview. First individual then a group setting. Both was really simple. The group setting you got a full understanding of the company expectations and more.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buenos Aires

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Express (Buenos Aires)

Interview

Una entrevista con potencial jefa, a cargo del area y del grupo. Me pregunto sobre mi experiencia, estudios, expectativa salarial y profesional. No dio mucha informacion del puesto y las tareas.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

American Express

Application

I interviewed at American Express

Interview

Video interview with engineer, asking standard questions about Java Data Structures, Hash Tables, Collisions, multi-threading, Databases, React.js. Ended with critical thinking problem. No coding questions. Questions about why AMEX and why leaving current company.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

American Express

Application

I interviewed at American Express

Interview

The interview was okay. The questions were not difficult however the hiring manager was looking for certain keywords in the interview, even though I explained the answers in length and with all the details.

Interview Questions
  • Explain your responsibilities Talk about your projects and roles in previous companies

American Express

Application

I interviewed at American Express

Interview

Only two steps. On campus interview and second round at the office. Took place the fall before COVID but I think they are inviting candidates back on campus now. Combination of behavioral questions, questions related to your specialty (marketing, finance), and some more "out-there" questions.

Interview Questions
  • How much money would we make if we started a snow shoveling business in New York.

American Express

Application

I interviewed at American Express

Interview

four step process: 1 initial phone screens with a recruiter, followed up with a call with the hiring manager. was later introduced to the product team leader and lastly the rest of the team.

Interview Questions
  • what is your favorite product and what would you change about it?

American Express

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express

Interview

I got ghosted. First round spoke with HR. HR mentioned she would call back but got ghosted. Very basic questions were asked. The interview went smoothly. I was asked for interview on a particular date but never got a call later suddenly i got a call saying interview was scheduled on a different day but never got a call

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your previous experiences? What was a difficulty that you faced in your previous job? Can you tell us about your projects?

American Express

Application

I interviewed at American Express

Interview

Mi è stata chiesta una descrizione generale delle esperienze pregresse, motivo del mio interesse verso amex e qualche domanda in inglese. Colloquio nella media senza particolari difficoltà. Erano presenti due persone

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,770 Interviews

American Express Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at American Express as 72.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.98 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Software Engineer and Analyst rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Financial Analyst and Business Analyst roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at American Express takes an average of 10 days when considering 441 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Management Trainee had the quickest hiring process (on average 2 days), whereas Analyst roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 15 days).

Common stages of the interview process at American Express according to 441 Glassdoor interviews include:

One-on-One Interview: 21.81%