American Express Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

2,097 Interview Reviews

1. Featured Interview

Senior Customer Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Express (Gurgaon, Haryana).

Interview

2 Rounds of interview. One as first round of interview where a general interaction happens and they guage you on you comm skills. The second PI round is with the Ops manager or Team Leader;its a more thorough discussion. An aptitude test. VNA check.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

Got interview through recruiter at career fair. Had an on-campus interview composed of behavorial and technical parts. Was very simple overall, nothing too hard. Was asked to code multiple times during interview.

HRBP Interview

Interview

it was very great and clear to understand the interviewer who exained the very best things about the wonderful job the were hiring for this past summer. it was a very good experience for me

Senior Analyst, Marketing Interview

Interview

Recruiter to interview moved ok. One week intervals between each step. Their applicant interface is absolutely terrible. It put me off Amex for future jobs and perhaps even from using their products. Seriously, invest in a better applicant experience like Workday or something streamlined. You probably won’t get hired here if you’re a minority. If you are, you’ll likely have to be a sorority type with a 24 inch waist who doesn’t really need a job and lives off of a trust fund. When I went in for the interview, the senior manager who interviewed me was basically a 26 year old sorority girl upgraded, living on Park Avenue, Chanel flats, total trust fund kid. Don’t even bother. I was so deflated realizing that even as an accomplished person with a Master’s degree from a reputable institution and experience with two fortune 50 companies, they won’t hire you if you don’t fit their privileged mold or deviate from it. Also they tried to low ball me into oh hey a senior analyst makes $65-70 with a masters. Are we low balling the minority candidates on top of dismissing them completely because they didn’t go to the Chapin school or Bam Nightingale or another private school in the city. I was so incensed that after the interview I looked at the profiles of all the senior managers and managers and it occurred to me that they’re all basically the same demographic. Don’t bother applying, I am serious. You will waste so much time with their outdated candidate portal, then waste your vacation days interviewing with entitled privileged trust fund sorority girls. I may actually dismiss using any Amex products because of how horrible this experience was. And to add insult to injury, I got emails that were auto generated to keep applying for more crap roles that were well below what I was qualified to do. So the sorority girls with trust funds from Chapin are senior managers and the minorities with a larger than 24’ waist are designated to be support staff or individual contributors?! Good job in hiring Amex, real good on diversity and inclusion. Maybe you can hire a minority with a Master’s to be a janitor or receptionist for 40k and have them lorded around by trust
    fund sorority girls in Chanel. Real good job on being an equal opportunity employer.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Frustrating. They use an in house contractor group called Allegis Global Solutions. These reps will send you a generic email asking for your availability for a 15-20 minute call. Having had three of these in the past 6 months, they basically read off a script and ask you about your work eligibility and for you to run through your resume and provide salary expectations. I’ve yet to get to the real recruiter, so can’t speak more to next steps. Don’t get your hopes up if a “talent assessor” screens your resume and asks to schedule a call...it’s a waste of time

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

This position was Data Science Inten. There were two rounds. First was the coding test. The hiring manager come have taken one to one coding interview.

Then after there was an onsite round.

Interview Questions

• Unfortunately, I cannot reveal the questions. However, the question were easy and medium level leetcode for the first round. 60 min to finish 2 coding questions

The onsite interview consist of one coding question (white board) and ML modeling discussion   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Express in February 2020.

Interview

Took a coding assessment, did a video interview, and then an went in for an in-person interview. Happened over 3 days because we worked fast to make it happen a lot faster.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a LinkedList and ArrayList   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Originally did a screening with HR recruiter. My resume was forwarded to hiring manager. Had a 30 minute Webex video interview with Hiring manager and their counterpart. Was explained there were a lot off applicants and they were trying to complete the interviews within the next week. HR contacted me for an offer two weeks after my interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your most recent project. How did you manage it?   1 Answer

Sr Manager Interview

Interview

I was very disappointed by the interview process with American Express, a company I admire greatly. I was originally contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn, who then passed me on to a different recruiter who scheduled time for a phone screen. The recruiter did not call me on our set day/time, and after several back-and-forth emails, the only time he could find for another 15-minute phone screen was a week later. I've spoken with several recruiters over the years, and I was taken aback by how rude and dismissive he was when we finally spoke. He cut me off when I was answering questions, and if I asked a question, he responded with a one-word answer.

Unfortunately, this process left a very bad taste in my mouth with AMEX. I believe these recruiters are contractors, but, if so, at least the one I spoke with does not represent the company well to prospective candidates.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

Great interview process, initial phone screening with recruiter and then spoke with the manager and the marketing team. The questions were general, about my background and close to no technical or marketing specific questions.

Senior Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express in December 2019.

Interview

Interviewed over the phone with a recruiter. The next day got a phone call from a different recruiter asking to set up an in person interview time. I scheduled for the following week. Interview was standard behavioral questions. About a week later I got a call from a third recruiter saying I got positive feedback and would be brought in again for another in person interview after the holidays. A week after that, i got a phone call from the hiring manager saying they had given the job to someone else.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.