Bain & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Bain & Company

1,397 Interview Reviews

3.6

Advanced Analytics Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

The first round is the Coding project within 4 hours. The second round is interviewing with two people, one by one, they are from the team and one is the team manager. The conversation is really smooth and the tech case is not hard. But the 4 hours project can be challenging. I spent total time on that.

Interview Questions

• How to deal with high pressure and unexpected situation   Answer Question
    • Tech Case focused on how to communicate with other people and help them understand the data-related things   Answer Question
    • why this position   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

Interview process was friendly, challenging, and collaborative. Most company interactions are evaluative so be friendly, write thank you emails, follow up when you can. Making a good impression on recruiting is important for initial screening, but after that, you have to be quick and creative when doing cases, as well as calm, friendly, and curious during interviews.

Interview Questions

• "Why consulting?" "Why Bain?"
      Looking at my resume and asking me about particular roles or volunteer positions   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

DO NOT waste your time for FWRD@Bain. They give you a run around regarding the hiring process. 2 Phone, 1 In-person and then NOTHING! Zero communication and it seems to be the norm for this place. I will be calling Bain HR and letting them know what this "affiliated" company is doing for HR practices

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you walked out of an interview because they had no clue what to ask or what they were doing   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

This was an unbelievably transparent process -- obviously difficult, particularly the case questions, but there weren't any surprises. The firm's culture comes out at every level, from Consultants to Partners.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

The interview was a bit nerve wrecking, it seemed as though the interviewers (at least one of the two) was also trying to catch me out during the process.

Interview Questions

• Why the profit of a retail bank was falling   1 Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Detroit, MI (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Applied on campus, did two 45 minute case interviews
    no behavioral questions asked apart from tell me about yourself
    be hypothesis driven and drive the case
    don't use generic frameworks
    mostly profitability cases
    Prepare two questions to ask your interviewer

Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Dallas, TX (US)).

Interview

Interviewer wasn't technical enough, was a generic HR interview with behavioral questions. Initially did get an offer but was pulled for not having a degree despite over a decade of experience at FANG companies. Seems they are pretty strict on this requirement and or possibly not sure what they want.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

First round was on campus. There were 2 interviews that consisted of 1 case each. If you finish the cases quickly, they'll ask a few behavioral questions. Second round was in the office I was interviewing for and had a similar structure. 3 cases with more senior members of the firm, with a bit of behavioral if time allows.

Interview Questions

• What are you most proud of?   1 Answer
    • Post-M&A revenue problem case   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Interview

Standard on-campus multi-round process; first round consisted of two interviews, both were cases. First case went well and interviewer was friendly, pretty standard case. Second interview the rapport with interviewer was not great, which seemed to color whole session, and case question was more tough.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about scaling a baby clothing company?   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

two case interviews. one is to predict the potential market size, the other one is about the M&A question. The interviewers are very nice and professional. Overall the interview is not hard, and a good experience to learn.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.