Blue Sky Studios Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Blue Sky Studios Interview Questions

Interviews at Blue Sky Studios

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Sky Studios (Atlanta, GA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

It was an on call interview with 5 other people from the studio. It was hard to make out what they were saying at times, or who was talking because I couldn't see them and they couldnt see me. A lot of what went wrong was because of that.

Interview Questions

• Why do you like production management? What were some challenges you faced in the last few years? tell us more about your recent projects? What is your favorite movie   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Sky Studios.

Interview

I had an initial portfolio review when they visited my college campus before applying online. After 1 week I was told I had been selected for review, and after another 2 weeks a phone interview was set up with 3 artists from the department I would be interning with. They were all very friendly and asked department-specific questions about my own work, as well as general problem-solving capabilities. I was contacted the day after this interview with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What aspects of (software name) are you the least familiar with?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Blue Sky Studios (New York, NY (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied mid-February and received an email notifying me that I had made it to the final review in mid-March. I received another email in mid-April to arrange a video conference using Zoom. It was very interesting, the people who I interviewed with seemed outwardly friendly, but something about them rubbed me the wrong way. They asked simple questions based off my resume which they had in front of them.

Interview Questions

• What did you do in "X" job that you think would be useful in the future?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Sky Studios (Greenwich, CT (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

HR contacted me and gave me an over-the-phone interview. After that, I was asked to come for an in-person interview. After the in-person interview, I was assured I would be contact when a decision was made, but HR never reached out.

Production Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Sky Studios in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online and got an email from HR about scheduling a phone interview about a week later. A few days after the phone interview I got an email about an in person interview. Communication with HR was slow but I ended up meeting with 5 different departments during a 3 hour interview. They took me on a tour and everyone was nice. They seemed interested. I sent a follow up email after each interview and waited for them to give me a definitive answer. They said they would get back to me after 3 business days but I never heard. I emailed them and they said they were going with other candidates.

I read reviews on here saying that people were ghosted after their interview. Sadly that was my experience. My advice is to apply, but don’t hold your breath for a response. Overall it was a frustrating experience and I’m disappointed that they didn’t have the decency to reach out and follow up.

R&D Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Sky Studios in November 2017.

Interview

The recruiter scheduled a R&D intern interview even I applied to the production engineer intern. 2 rounds phone interviews in total. The first one we talked about some projects I did listed in my resume. The second one we focused on one specific project and asked some questions about technical details.

Production Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blue Sky Studios (Greenwich, CT (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Some technical questions, some follow up questions that were behavior. A lot of it was asking about my portfolio work. The interviewer was very kind and wanted to know about me.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Sky Studios (Greenwich, CT (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

Got a call within a few days, had a phone interview, very easy conversation, felt like a good interview, said I would get more info soon then never contacted me. I contacted them and they said they filled the position

Production Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Sky Studios in February 2017.

Interview

I applied according to instructions on Blue Sky's internship site—sending a CV, cover letter to the internship recruiting team in early February, for the summer internship starting in June.

I was contacted by email by a recruiting coordinator in late-February, who set up a phone interview with two engineers on the Production Technology team. The interview was about 30 minutes long, discussing my demo reel, background, and some technical questions.

Interview Questions

• If you had more time to work on this project (a project on my demo reel), what would you improve on?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Blue Sky Studios (Greenwich, CT (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

First interview is over the phone. The interview lasted about thirty minutes with basic interview questions asked. The interviewer was very nice and just wanted to know about my previous work experience as well as some questions about myself and my personality. Some questions were easy to answer, others were more open ended and required me to think about how to answer

Interview Questions

• What were some of the tasks that you had to do in previous jobs?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.