Charles River Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Charles River Associates Interview Questions

Interviews at Charles River Associates

2.9

Consulting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charles River Associates (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

I had a first round behavioral interview on campus, which lasted half an hour and was very relaxed and informal. There were two interviewers, a principal and an associate, who alternated questions.

Interview Questions

• Why economic consulting? Why Charles River Associates in particular?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charles River Associates in June 2014.

Interview

Met with several of the higher ups in practice. Lunch with the younger employees. Fairly standard interview. What have you done. Why charges rover associates. Where do you see yourself in five years. Why consulting.

Consulting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Associates (New York, NY (US)) in January 2009.

Interview

Went through campus recruiting as well as the website. Phone interview was done very expeditiously (took about a week or so from resume submission to scheduling an interview). Went through that round and subsequently traveled to New York office to interview. Went through about 5-6 interviews with people at nearly all levels.

Office culture is definitely a small firm feel, you get the idea that the Partnership level leaders actually care greatly about the company. Firm has a very academic feel, almost all consultants hold advanced degrees in one field or another. In addition, they are almost always willing to discuss things outside of work. One thing to note, if you mention something on your resume that could be considered remotely academic, be prepared to discuss it in depth with your interviewer (mine said that they actually match up interviewer/interviewee pairs with similar academic interests).

Interview Questions

• What do you see as our firm's primary strategic weaknesses?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Associates (Boston, MA (US)) in February 2010.

Interview

After applying on the company's website, I waited for about 4 weeks before hearing anything back. The first step was the phone interview with the future boss, which consisted of walk me through your resume type questions and only lasted 30 minutes. The second step was the in person interview, which was only 45 minutes. The interview consisted of me asking questions the whole time.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Associates in November 2013.

Interview

Relatively relaxed interview process. I applied online towards the end of my graduate program and contacted a Vice President in the office I was applying for. They brought me in to interview with two Vice Presidents, a Principal, an Associate Principal and an Associate I would potentially work with. There were not many difficult technical questions, it was mostly about my prior experience and fit. It was clearly important to them that my personality could mesh with the group as the main priority, leaving learning technical skills for once I started the position. Shortly thereafterwards I got a call from a Vice President with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room for negotiation coming in as an Associate out of school. A competitive signing bonus makes it unnecessary.

Associate Interview

Interview

The first round is an SAS test in a virtual interview. Basically face-to-face white board SAS coding test. Very detailed questions. Didn't prepare for it because HR didn't inform me of preparing for a coding test before

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Associates in April 2018.

Interview

Phone Call with VP of section that I was applying for. Discussed both my past experience as it related to the job as well as questions I had about charles river associates

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Associates.

Interview

The recruiter is very irresponsive. After the initial interview, I did an online aptitude test and never heard back from the recruiter again in spite of reaching out several times.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Associates in November 2018.

Interview

The interview process took about a month. Consisted of four different steps: initial phone screen, a skype case interview, an online skills assessment, and lastly an on-site interview. The phone screen and case interview were standard. The online skills assessment was a simple exam testing basic math, grammar, and logic/reasoning skills. The on-site interview consisted of working on a case study, behavioral interviews, and a presentation (candidate's choice of topic).

Interview Questions

• All questions asked were standard behavioral questions, e.g. "walk me through your resume", "tell me about you failed", etc.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles River Associates (New York, NY (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

I got a call 5 months after I applied to interview for a position I didn't even apply for. Half way through the interview the person told me there must have been a mistake in the selection application. I never heard back again from them, despite emailing and calling. Unbelievably rude.

Interview Questions

Charles River Associates Response

16 Sep 2017 – Manager

I apologize for what appears to be an unacceptable miscommunication. All of our applicants receive an acknowledgement of their application with an update on next steps. We are fortunate that we... More

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.