Commerce Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Commerce Bank Interview Questions

Interviews at Commerce Bank

2.7

FSM Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commerce Bank.

Interview

It was kind of slow but it was worth it. They were very thorough. They definitely call and verify all your references in your past employment. I believe it took about three weeks for the offer to go through finally.

Interview Questions

• If we ask five of your closest friends what would be the one word they would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Wasted my time! Received a call to reinterview for the Personal Banker position I had turned down 4 months earlier. This time around, it was in the location I had preferred. Total waste of time as I was not offered the position, even though the same person interviewed me the second time around. Nothing had changed with me and they would not give an explanation as to why I wasn't offered the position this time around. LOTS OF TURNOVER obviously. Just take a look at the open positions in this area.

Interview Questions

• The usual "tell me about a time when you helped a customer and it lead to a sale", etc. This was my second interview with the same person asking the same questions.   1 Answer
    • "If I asked the manager in one year what they would say about having you on their team, what would they say"   1 Answer

Training Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Commerce Bank.

Interview

I met a recruiter through a career fair, later applied online, and then had an in person interview. Interview is pretty standard, asked very generic questions. There are 3 total interview rounds for the position.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, KS (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Lansing, KS (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

I applied for this position 14 days before I was called in for an interview. It was a one on one interview with the branch manager. The next day I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you had to work with others to accomplish a task?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Kansas City, MO (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Very long, too many basic questions. Submit application, wait two weeks for response, schedule screening call with HR 30 minute. Schedule call with hiring manager and spend one hour on call.

Treasury Management Acct Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Saint Louis, MO (US)).

Interview

Applied online and didn't receive a response back for over a month, I assumed my resume didn't go through. Received a call for a phone screen interview with HR. Was then contacted for a face to face with hiring manager and department mgr, about a week later. Interview seemed to go very well. Was then contacted for an 2nd interview with the division mgr which was over the phone due to location, again seem to go very well. After a week I sent follow up emails to HR and to the hiring manager and never received a response from either - so basically ghosted.

Interview Questions

• Would you be interested into moving in to sales in the future   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Peters, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Saint Peters, MO (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

The process started with phone interview that was slated to last about 15 minutes, but the interviewer was engaged and curious about my work history and my activities in managing a non-profit as it related to finances, so it actually lasted around 30 minutes. A background check was performed immediately after. Two weeks later a 45 minute in-person interview was then conducted with the group manager at one of the bank locations; you will not necessarily interview at the location that you applied at. My location wasn't, but it coincidentally happened to be at a location where I and my family bank at. The first thing my interviewer told me was that he lost my resume and hadn't read it prior to the interview, so the entire experience was answering questions that would have been answered had he read it and been prepared to conduct an interview, with much less engagement than the recruiter who I interviewed with by means of telephone, since they had a copy. When I heard him tell me that, I immediately lost excitement about the job if this is an acceptable style of management for a bank, and the prospect of the position being offered to me to begin with, but I still did my best. The interview would have included behavioral questions related to the job that I had applied for, but when he told me he was going to ask those questions, he continued asking about my work history instead. I found the interview to be very stressful as he was not prepared, appeared disinterested since the moment we shook hands, and seemed to have been trying to run out the 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What my employment and educational history was - literally nothing that couldn't have been learned from reading an applicant's resume.   Answer Question

Banking Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Kansas City, MO (US)).

Interview

Kind of lengthy getting to the actual interview and offer portion, both interviews were fairly casual. Felt more like a conversation. There are typically 2 formal interviews and a short interview with your recruiter.

Product Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Kansas City, MO (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

They were kind, helpful and resourceful. They also kept me informed and up to date during the whole process. The interview was organized in order from meeting with HR to the hiring manager at the end.

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Phone Interview with an HR representative that lasted 1 hour asking a board range of questions that weren't really job specific, 1 in-person with the hiring manager and team member, 1 in-person with 2 members of the upper-level management each were exactly 1 hour

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite product and why?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.