FTI Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated 12 Oct 2017

2.9

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2017.

Interview

30-minute interview on-campus, was really difficult. My interviewer only asked one behavioral question and didn't really seem interested in what I had to say. You have to have your technicals down cold, this felt like an Investment Banking style interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you walk me through the three main valuation methods?   Answer Question
    • How would you get to finding 13 weeks of cash flows?   Answer Question
    • How are the three financial statements related?   Answer Question
    • If I had an analog watch and the time read 3:00 PM, and I wound the clock forward to 1 hour and 5 minutes, would the angle between the minute and hour hands be the same or not?   1 Answer

Restructuring Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Found through on-campus, interviewed then was flown out for a superday. Great networking and meal the first night. Breakfast, 3 interviews, and lunch on the second day. Found out really early on the next week. Good process, good people.

SummerHealth Solutions Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

I applied through my university's career site, and got an interview within a week. There were two 30 minutes interviews. Both of them were behavioral. Both of them were very nice and enjoyed answering questions about the company.

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

This company has no respect for others time. I had several interviews lined up on this particular day and the person I was supposed to be meeting with had me waiting over 30 minutes.

Data Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Interviewed on campus for 30 minutes with an alumni consultant. The interview was more of a conversation about my projects and interests. Second step is a super day in NYC.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

Phone interview with HR. Questions had nothing to do with the position. Interviewer seemed rushed from the start- which made me feel uneasy. I wasn't even asked if I had any questions at the end of the interview. Very disappointed, especially after preparing for hours the day before. If all their employee's are as miserable as the interviewer seemed, I'd rather not work for FTI.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Chicago, IL (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

The recruiter called me after I submitted an application about 2 days after and conducted a phone interview. After that, I was told that I was to schedule another phone interview with another member of the team. I interviewed with about 4 different individuals on the team in the next few days, including 2 Skype interviews. About a week later, I had not heard anything back. I called, and they told me that they were still conducting interviews, and they would have an update for me the next day. I decided to send an email a few days later in which I finally received a rejection letter, but would like to keep me in mind for future opportunities. No big deal, it just wasn't a fit so moved on. A few weeks after, the recruiter contacted me again and said there was another opening for the same position and I was ecstatic so I tried again. This time, I had scheduled a video interview which felt very casual. Prior, I had already informed the interviewer that I would not be in town for a few days, she confirmed and we still proceeded with the interview. I received a rejection email ONE day later, claiming that they had already found someone to fill the role and extended an offer. This may sound bitter, but it felt extremely unethical, and like a waste of time which I suspect may be for filling a minimum headcount of candidates for interviews and I felt used. I have learned my lesson and will never interview for this company ever again, and share my story to encourage others not to as well, or at least not to invest much time with a recruiter or interview. It was very unsettling and a slap in the face for being someone who interviewed two different rounds at different times for the same company, to find out that the interview I spent so much time preparing for, for a second round was for no reason. I didn't get the offer because they never actually considered me in the first place. Had they mentioned that they already had the role filled and I wouldn't be considered, rather than having me interview and string me along, my experience would not have been this bad. Be honest to your candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to juggle multiple tasks with varying levels of priority   1 Answer

Consultant Interview Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Had a phone interview about two weeks later. The interviewers were very friendly and didn't seem rushed. Mostly asked behavioral questions but there were some questions about the research background as well. At the end of the interview, they gave me a chance to ask any questions that I had.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to compromise on a deadline.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

I talked to their representative at the University of Pittsburgh job fair then received a phone call a few days later. I was brought in with 9 other Interns and they introduced us to their software and split us up for individual interviews with different people.

Interview Questions

• What is a class in object oriented programming   1 Answer

Health Solutions Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through school website, chosen for an interview. It was a half-hour interview on my college campus with an interviewer who seemed pretty disinterested from the get-go. Got a rejection email a week later.

Interview Questions

• Why health care/consulting? How well do I function in a business environment?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.