Ford Motor Company Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Ford Motor Company Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Ford Motor Company

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Attended the 2019 SHPE National Convention in Phoenix. My resume was uploaded to a database for employers and I was selected for interview. I was contacted by email a few weeks prior to the event and scheduled an interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you disagreed with someone in a team project.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ford Motor Company

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Sunrise, FL (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

Overall the interview process was good, they are very organized, timely, professional, and friendly. The following is my experience,

The interview process is divided into three phases:
    1. A screening phone interview
    2. A second phone interview with staff
    3. An on-site panel interview

(1) In the phone screen you'll be asked factual questions like years of experience, background, GPA, expected salary, and so forth. Most importantly, you'll be asked about what experience you have pertaining to the position. Be prepared to mention specific projects, tools, and methods you used.

(2) Following a positive phone screen, you may be scheduled for another phone interview within a week or two; this time with a hiring manager and a technical engineer.
    All points in your resume may be covered, so be ready to describe each one intelligently (I suggest using the S.T.A.R. method). You will also be asked general questions about you, your career, job positions, and, near the end, if you have any questions for them.

(3) Following a positive phone interview, you may be scheduled for an on-site interview within a week or two; the hiring manager will be there along with several engineers.
    The interview is 2-3 hours long, with about 20+ multi-part questions, each one taking a turn in asking you a question. The first half consists of behavioral questions and the second half technical questions pertaining to the role.
    Be prepared to talk about several unique projects and examples from your experience. Keep your answers brief, precise, relevant, and honest. Conveniently, each sub-part of each question seems to align with the STAR method of responding.
    (4) From here their final decision will follow within a few weeks.

Best wishes on your interview!

Interview Questions

• Why Ford?   Answer Question
    • What software program/features have you developed? What languages?   Answer Question
    • What tools, methods, or strategies do you use to test/debug your software?   Answer Question
    • Tell us of a time when you deliberately did something against/opposite the suggestion of your colleagues. What was the result?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

I applied through campus interviews. There is a preliminary screening round. One technical round followed by an HR round. The interview is fairly easy. Not difficult to get through at all.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

Interview happened at AllenPark MI. The process was smooth. Gave an Overview of Ford initially. Then they have taken for panel interview with 2 members for 1 hour. One Hiring manager and one System Engineer was in panel. They were very friendly and knowledgable

Interview Questions

• They basically asked for previous work experience and simple programming questions.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Detroit, MI (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

that took in detroit michigan

three people sit in front of me and grilled me

i really regret that i stayed up overnight

so i could not answer them

i was too anxious and panic attacked

mostly about behavioral things

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (New York, NY (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

This was a hackerrank coding interview. I cleared it and was asked to come for an onsite interview after an HR interview. They booked my flight tickets. But at the very last moment they cancelled it saying there was a last hour change and they have limited slots. The HR also told me that he'll get back to me for other interviews but this role was off limits. I have been emailing the HR since but got no reply till date.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Detroit, MI (US)).

Interview

It was .net technology based position. although it was for a certain skills they focussed on the basic C# language skills. All question were planned and written in advance and it is all good questions. It is not what is question like " what is delegate". It is multi part question so you need to note the relevant parts of the questions. They even suggested to note down the question. There were 3 kinds of questions- architecture, technical questions, behavioural (tell me a time when...). One tip - one the interviewer will try to upset you by being disinterested in you answer or even pretending to bored and sleepy with your answer. Know that it is a test and ignore and focus on you answers. Make sure you prepare stories for various scenarios.

Interview Questions

• it was based on async programming   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

Long process, online aptitude test, phone screen, technical and behavioral scenario questions during panel interview. Very in depth questions with multiple parts. Come well prepared. Friendly environmenment but still need to answer all parts of the question and explain in their format C-A-R, context, actions, results.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time your overcame diverse perspectives to bring a group together   2 Answers

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

I got assessment, exam was easy if you have a good grip on basics. if you work hard you can easily crack this round. Its not so difficult just basics.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call to do a quick screen. Started with typical questions confirming details on the submitted application including salary expectation and willingness to travel.

Interview Questions

• Describe experience or knowledge of the Spring Framework in java.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.