Fractal Interview Questions

Updated 15 Jun 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 474 of over 474 interviews

3.2
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fractal

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fractal (Bangalore)

Interview

2 ML questions in 90 minutes? Seriously? Along with 9 mcq’s and expectation is to get 95% accuracy in the unsupervised problem and 70% in the supervised problem. This is a joke. An ML problem takes hours together to be analysed and thought about and to be coded. Do the Data Scientists at Fractal at least know how the interviews are being conducted? Or can at-least half of them crack these 2 problems in 90 minutes? Or is it just the 3rd party(DoSelect) coding platform randomly does this without any thought process. Anyway this is definitely not how you do it. Either keep one question to be solved or increase the time frame of the exam. Not expected out of such a big organization.

Interview Questions
  • Supervised learning problem and k means clustering problem.
    1 Answer
8 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fractal (Noida) in Jun 2021

Interview

The easy referral will take to get an interview call. 1st contact Hr is good and precheck if you are suitable for the JD. 1 pre-screen online test to be given in 24 hr: its Python+pandas+SQL+Scikit-learn composed questions. 3 technical rounds: Its core technical rounds with very detailed and deep analysis of your skills 1 Hr round: 1 hr slot, but they will take less time to decide. and in hurry

Interview Questions
  • Overfitting, variance-bias tradeoff like common questions. followed by one detailed project E2E they will ask for details and team composition etc. after 4 rounds of interviews, They did not give any feedback. Please don't waste time if you are not sure about the budget of the profile you are hiring. Technical persons are good, but HR I can't comment on. Advice: Please ask candidates CTC, expectations in advance before screen them. Period

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana, Haryana

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fractal (Gurgaon, Haryana, Haryana)

Interview

My overall interview experience with Fractal was very positive and I give its credit to my Hiring HR Jesvin Varghese. Jesvin gave a very clear understanding of the complete hiring process in advance so faced no hiccups in between. In total there were 5 rounds: one coding test round, 3 technical Interview rounds and one HR round at last. All Interviewers were very kind, friendly and Intellectuals. I would like to really appreciate and thanks Jesvin for his timely updates, feedback and guidance regarding following Interview rounds such as Interviewer expectation, skills that will be examined and others as it was very helpful and haven't seen this type of guidance from other HR's in other organizations. I would really recommend fractal to other people because of its good culture and people.

Interview Questions
  • The Interviewer will ask questions from the projects you have done and will ask you to explain them from start till end.

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fractal (New Delhi)

Interview

1. A preliminary interview post shortlisting of my resume (that I had shared months back). This was a general design interview where they asked me to elaborate on a project from my portfolio. 2. Design task after I qualified the first interview. The timeline of this was flexible (which I really appreciated about them). This was all during the peak covid second wave in India and they were really empathetic about the entire process, understanding that everyone is going through some tough times. 3. A second interview after the design task was shortlisted by the team. They asked about my process and I was informed by my panel here itself that I had been selected as a candidate. 4. A final HR interview. The HR handling my case was very prompt with the process, there was absolutely no delay from their end.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us something about yourself (introductory question).
  • How and why did you choose design?
  • How has your experience been so far as a Designer?
  • Why are you looking for a switch? What are your expectations from the new company?
  • Walk us through your portfolio (any project that you would like to show us). * This was followed by 2-3 questions at the end of my presentation based on the project I had shown.*

Fractal

Application

I interviewed at Fractal

Interview

Applied. Recruiter sent an online test on DoSelect platform which consist of 13 questions of which 2 were of programming and 11 were MCQ based. Once applied your email never removed even after 6 months. Given test with other email as suggested by HR but never heard back. Worst interview ever. complete waste of time

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Fractal

Application

I interviewed at Fractal

Interview

Online test consisting of questions on SQL and Python. Cleared online test but never heard back from the recruiter. On mailing back to the recruiter, fake promise of continuing the application was provided. Overall very disappointed with the hiring team at Fractal.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Fractal

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fractal in May 2021

Interview

So the interview was devided into 4 rounds 1st round coading test where there will be a test link and you need to complete the test within a stipulated time, test contains problem solving questions and questions related to database. 2nd round- Its will be a technical discussion round where you will be ask questions based out of your resume and core into spark as mine was a big data domain. 3rd round- Again a technical round which consists of all the technical questions related to pattern design and all but slightly easier then the 1st technical round. 4th round- Now all the technical discussion is over this would be a HR/ Managerial round where the team would ask you about your experience in previous company and try to gasper out your behaviour and attitude. All the rounds were very well synchronised and condeucted very quicky i would like to thank the HR i.e jesvin to make the whole process very soon, he will make you understand at each every process what is needed by you and what company needs from you.

Interview Questions
  • Explain spark architecture? How mapside join works in hive? How data is stored on hbase? Concepts of hadoop, hive Basic concepts on java and scala

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fractal (New Delhi) in May 2021

Interview

1st round SQL+ aptitude Intermediate skill in sql will help you pass Aptitude was medium difficult but you have to solve many questions in 70mins. So managing time will help you pass.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana, Haryana

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Fractal (Gurgaon, Haryana, Haryana) in May 2021

Interview

Overall, there were three rounds, two technical round and one HR round. The whole experience of the interview process was positive. The process took about a week. The interviewers were supportive.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Fractal

Application

I interviewed at Fractal

Interview

After applying for their role. I got a mail invite for a coding Test from HR. It had around 4 Coding questions with 10 hidden cases in each which were to be completed within 2 hours. I managed to complete my assessment within 2 hours with 39 / 40 passing test cases. I mailed HR regarding my completion. No response. Mailed him again after a week. No response. Mailed him yet again the next week, No response! Its better you guys contact HR first and understand if they are actually interested in you before sitting for their interviews

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 474 Interviews