Hitachi Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Hitachi Engineer Interview Questions

3.3

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrodsburg, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hitachi (Harrodsburg, KY (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

Initial interview also had conference call phone participants. Of course, some were Japanese nationals, so remember Japanese business protocols...

Interview Questions

• Any discomfort with aspects of the job description? What are they?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Hitachi

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrodsburg, KY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi (Harrodsburg, KY (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

I was grilled with technical questions for over 90 minutes on the phone before being asked to come to their plant for a face-to-face interview a few days later. At the plant, I was grilled with another 90 minutes of technical questions by a whole new group. At no time did they show me the factory floor or office work environment. I actually had to ask what they made for the interviewer to show me in a different office. To this day, I don't know how many "free overtime" hours engineers are expected to work (Hitachi is notorious for abusing salary exempts), how much PTO, or other fringe benefits; they never tried to sell the company to me and I would be just a number. Upon leaving, the rudeness of the employees was just starting. Since they ended the interview during shift change, the plant employees wouldn’t let me cross the driveway to get to my car. After I got to the car, I couldn’t pull out of the visitor parking lot until practically every single employee in line had exited the plant. I would NOT accept a position from this company if they had offered.

Interview Questions

• What was the magnetic energy product of the magnets you used to design the electric motors you developed?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Interview

There were three steps. First one is with HR, 2nd one is with team manager, 3rd one with Department Head. I had to describe my work in grad school. NOt very difficult process.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hitachi (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2017.

Interview

3 interviewers, 2 from department and 1 from HR. 2 from departments were very friendly, curious to know more about me, however, 1 from HR was firm when it comes to renumeration questions.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hitachi in June 2009.

Interview

Reasonable process, good details on company, but too general on job description(s)

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hitachi (Tokyo (Japan)) in July 2011.

Interview

The interview was only for one day and it is very laid back. I went for the first interview and got selected instantly for final interview at the same day. It went well but the only mistake I made was I forgot to turn off my phone. The phone vibrated very LOUD. I failed the interview.

Interview Questions

• What kind of engineering jobs are you interested in? Why?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.