Huron Consulting Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Huron Consulting Group Interview Questions

Interviews at Huron Consulting Group

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in October 2013.

Interview

The Round 1 interview consisted of a 30 minute phone interview. The first two questions were based on 'core competencies' sought by the firm.The following questions were more traditional such as why consulting, why Huron, and are you bothered by the travel schedule. At the end, there was an opportunity to ask a few questions of the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• (Roughly, "At Huron we value dedication. This is how we define it. Tell me about a time when your dedication to a project went above and beyond.")   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in September 2013.

Interview

On campus recruiting. Applied and got offered an interview about a week later. It may have helped that I spoke to an associate at the job fair, their information session and also emailed the recruiter. The interview was fairly simple, first round is always solely behavioral. I was asked 2 similar questions that revolved around a difficult situation and what I did to reach a solution. The interviewer was very interested in seeing a step-by-step process of solving said issue and what my role was in this process.

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

The hiring process was rigorous, rather rushed though. Everything happened within a span of two weeks or so. First phone interview, typical behavioral questions, be prepared though, very big on STAR method. Got a call the next day to set up final interview in Chicago. Intense day, started with a Lunch then 4 back to back interviews of 45 minutes each, the main thing is to be personable and ask good questions, that is what they really want, really talk up Huron, do your research. One case study(capacity and how to manage it), AR questions, 4 behavioral questions, 2 informal sessions just to feel you out. Got a call the next day

Interview Questions

• The business case is about a call center and wait times. What to do in order to reduce the times what info you need to gather,what comparissons would you make, who to present the info to and all that . They just want the thought process, there is no right or wrong answer   Answer Question

Negotiation

They dont negotiate for analyst positions, I tried...It was an ok offer though

Consulting Analyst Interview

Interview

On campus hiring. Very straightforward. First day was a 30 minute behavioral interview. I got an email the same day inviting me to a second round of on-campus interviews for the very next day. Had one 45 minute behavioral interview and a 45 minute qualitative business case interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked specifically why I chose Huron over other small/mid-sized Consulting firms.   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online through my university's career service center and received an on-campus interview.

The interview was straight off of a form. Literally, the guy interviewing me had the form sitting on his desk. The interview was based on the company's "core competencies". He would tell me the definition of one of the company's core competencies and then pick a related behavioral question for me to answer, expecting me to demonstrate the values of the company's core competency in the process.

The interview wasn't hard. Basically it was just two behavioral questions. But as I was answering, the guy interviewing me was typing on his computer. He was either typing my responses to the question, or his interpretation/opinion of my responses. Either way, it was obvious he had no say in whether or not I would advance in the interview process. It seemed as though he was simply following procedure and forwarding information to the system. I knew my interview was interpreted systematically when I received a rejection e-mail less than three hours later.

This company doesn't take time to get to know you. They bring you in for an interview, grade you, then let you know if they want to proceed. Not at all what I expect in a standard interview process. If they're going to just grade me systematically, then can just look at my resume.

The interviewer told me he had gotten 2 hours of sleep last night, and had work to do as soon as he was done. He seemed tired, overworked, and unenthused.

Interview Questions

• Something along the lines of: "When was a time you had to take control/lead in a situation that may have been highly emotional?"   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in November 2011.

Interview

I interviewed in November of 2011 and had a really pleasant experience. Everybody I met at the interview was friendly and seemed to be more interested in getting to know me than trip me up. The best thing the company has going for it is its culture and people, and this definitely shows during the interview.

Interview Questions

• There is a math component to the case question. If you don't know basic algebra you will not be able to answer correctly.   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in February 2015.

Interview

• applied online. Heard back about 2 months later
    • Had a 45 min phone interview with 3 behavioral questions (pretty much the same as the ones listed on this site). The rest of the questions included why huron, consulting etc.
    • Flown to Chicago for the last round of interviews. Included 45 min behavioral interview with 4 questions (tell me about a time you had to motivate a group? Tell me about a time you had to overcome a series of obstacles?). Another 45 min interview discussing the specifics of Huron...the projects they work on, what specifically I would be interested in doing etc. A 45 min case interview and a math question (very simple math. do not stress out and you should be able to solve it in less than 3 min).
    • heard back a week later

Interview Questions

• How would you increase revenues for a parking lot that is by a university but independent of it   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Interview

Very easy process overall. I applied through university and set up an interview about two weeks later. Started off with an hour long behavioral interview and questions regarding travel and how i heard about Huron. After the behavior interview was a 45 minute case study. Smooth process from start to finish but unfortunately did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if you have two tasks to complete, each which takes two hours, and only have 3 hours to complete it?   1 Answer

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corvallis, OR (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Corvallis, OR (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

When you first walk in, you get greeted with a greeter. You basically hear him describe the job and everyday life. You can ask him questions. You then wait until the manager interviews you.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge you have faced and how to overcome it?   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in October 2015.

Interview

The interview had two parts - behavioral and case study. The behavioral was 4-5 of your basic behavioral questions asking about teamwork etc. The case study was easy to understand and the interviewer guided my answer (he asked me step by step questions). Overall the interviewers were very nice and easy to talk to - they were not trying to be intimidating at all.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that there was conflict in a group and how did you handle it? Tell me about a time your group had low moral and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.