Innosight Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Innosight Interview Questions

Interviews at Innosight

3.3

Summer Internship Interview

Interview

Very fun cases. Very little quantitative, mostly strategic thinking. Applicant led. If you make it to the final round, then you have calls with partners, which are fun. I thought everyone was very friendly. Great firm, highly recommend applying.

Interview Questions

• Evaluate the prospect of bringing this product to the market.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Innosight (Lexington, MA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

For the second round interview, you get a case packet and have to work with 1-2 other interviewees while an interviewer is observing you in the room. Stress a lot on collaboration.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Innosight (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

First round was on-campus; two cases with zero behavioral questions. Cases were less math-based than other consulting firms, were more about brainstorming and creatively assessing potential factors for certain products/services - it was a pretty wide-ranging discussion that was a lot less intimidating than more formal cases.

Second round was in the office and was pretty bizarre - a group interview in which several of us worked on a case together for 2.5 hours while an employee sat in the back of the room and observed, and then presented our analysis and recommendations to three employees. This interview wasn't pleasant because in a group interview one person can so take over the discussion and make it really difficult for others to get a word in edgewise, even if that vocal person's ideas aren't the best ones. Obviously this mimics working in a group setting, but in my opinion this is a good way to discover who *not* to hire rather than who to hire. After that group process, one short case-style interview in the same style as the first rounds with a senior employee.

Over the whole process, almost zero behavioral questions were asked, which felt really strange. I didn't feel like the company knew me as a person, and I didn't feel like I knew them either.

Interview Questions

• Here's a thick case packet - work with a group for 2.5 hours to answer four key questions.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Innosight (Boston, MA (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

The early stages of the hiring process were pleasant and the firm representatives were friednly and eager to share info about the firm. They were especially clear about saying that Innosight is a creative firm that focuses on innovation, refecting the fact that they were co-founded by HBS Prof. Clayton Christensen (who coined disruptive innovation).

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Innosight.

Interview

I applied through the internal referral, and got my first phone interview scheduled within a week. I had a phone call interview with a consultant there, not the HR team.

Interview Questions

• Market entry strategy for a medical startup (although the interviewer didn't mention the name of the company, the related project is introduced as a case study on their website.)   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting; submitted resume, cover letter, and transcript. Was contacted for first-round interviews, consisting of two 30-minute sessions, mix of standard behaviorals (walk me through your resume, why consulting, why Innosight) and short case (growth opportunities based on consumer segmentation, constructing investment portfolio). Utilized graphics and charts.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Innosight in April 2016.

Interview

Applied for the Summer Analyst position. Was interviewed by a former analyst, who is now working in the New York office full time. On phone for 30 minutes before being cut short by interviewer, saying that was all the time she had to speak about the topic and gave me some advice.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Innosight.

Interview

Got scouted from a college recruiting event, interviewed with an alumni working at Innosight and another associate. Got a call back and then had a phone interview, afterwards got an in-person case interview with 5 different senior analysts and consultants in the company. Was given 2 different case studies on the spot to analyze, approach, and solve. Very rigorous interview but very interesting approach.

Interview Questions

• How my background was relevant and could be of use? How I could approach things differently?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Innosight (Lexington, MA (US)).

Interview

High level strategy cases focusing on top line growth and innovation. Process was very extensive. Two, 45 min phone interviews (case+fit). Was invited for the final round within a week. Final round consisted of multiple one on one interviews (two with partners).

Fantastic process. Appreciated their concerted efforts to make me comfortable and really make me understand the kind of work they do. The experience during the final round convinced me that this was the firm for me!

Interview Questions

• All interviews were case+fit. Cases focused on growth strategy. Creativity is encouraged.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Innosight in October 2014.

Interview

The first interview was split 50/50 between case and behavioral. The 30 minute case interview asked for you to make a recommendation after analyzing the client problem. The interviewer seemed more interested in the problem-solving process and questions asked than the solution or specific concepts explored. They offered lots of information to help with the case and mostly allowed me to drive the discussion. The behavioral interview was 30 minutes with a different member of the company. They wanted to know about my specific interest in consulting and the company. Lastly they had me do an activity and asked what I thought its significance might be in the context of their practice. Both interviewers were very kind and supportive, continuing to live up to the reputation that the people are great to work with and have a love for learning. This is just the first interview, then you may be invited to a day-long interview at their office. That interview determines whether or not an offer is extended.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something about yourself that we would not know from your resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The process is not yet complete, but from the initial interview I have gotten invited to the "super day" which is a day-long interview at their office.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.