Jacobs Graduate Civil Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Jacobs Graduate Civil Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Jacobs

Anonymous Employee in Croydon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jacobs (Croydon, England (UK)).

Interview

Face to face interview with two Engineers asking 5 competency questions and 1 job related technical question, following this you are free to ask questions about the role and the company.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example when you........ considered safety; dealt with a difficult team member; overcame a difficult situation; dealt with customers.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Jacobs

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (London, England (UK)) in February 2019.

Interview

Firstly, a group exercise and presentation, followed by a one-hour interview. Questions were partly based on your CV and other regular interview questions. Make sure you provide in-depth answers and examples.

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Interview

We watched a company presentation, then partook in a group exercise where they watched how we worked in the group. We were then taken for individual interviews, which last about 30 minutes. It was a very organised process, and the staff were very pleasant.

Anonymous Employee in Croydon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (Croydon, England (UK)) in August 2018.

Interview

My interview was at the Croydon office for Graduate Highways Engineer. The office has a friendly and welcoming environment.

The interview consisted of 6 competency-based questions ("Tell me about a time when you ___") and a Highway technical question.

I would highly recommend revising all the questions presented on Glassdoor as that enabled me to be more prepared for some of the questions asked. Also do some research on the company, remember your experiences thoroughly and prepare questions to ask at the start and end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were asked to change your plan/ method mid-project. How did you react?   Answer Question

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnersh, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Jacobs (Winnersh, England (UK)) in April 2018.

Interview

People who interviewed me were just very boring and they seemed like they hate their job. They weren't even happy when they were speaking about the projects they work on.
    I was asked some questions related to my skills as well as I was given questions to be solved on board and on paper.

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Jacobs (Manchester, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and then got a reply after many weeks saying that i got invited to an assesment day on Novemeber 2016. It consisted of a group excersie followed on by an hour interview with senior directors with technical questions involved. very relaxed environment.

Interview Questions

• 4 competency questions and 2 technicals very basic   3 Answers

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

They contacted me and set up an interview where they asked me about my past experience, my studies, why I wanted to work for them and about the projects I have worked in the past. When I went all they did was introduce me and show me around the office.

Interview Questions

• have you missed a deadline?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Croydon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jacobs (Croydon, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Introduction made, brief overview of Jacobs and what they do. Specification of what the job entails and what it requires. A review of my CV to see if I had the necessary skill set for the job. A question and answer session about my CV followed by a series of competency questions. A technical question was asked to test my understanding of simple civil engineering principles and how one would apply theoretical knowledge to a real life situation.

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (Leeds, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

1 on 1 interview where a brief presentation of the company, clients and ethics. You are then asked a combination of experience verification questions, competency based questions and a written exercise.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you carried out a cost benefit analysis.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Prepare to be asked questions based on the job application itself. Listen to the opening presentation because you will be asked later ''what do you know about the company''. They will be taking notes whilst you speak but do not feel discourage, maintain eye contact. Most importantly, make sure you have good questions to ask at the end graduate performance review etc

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Jacobs (Birmingham, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Just one interview with 2 senior members of the team. Asking you on your approach to situations in past work/uni projects. Technical questions were asked but it didn't hinder too much if you had a go and stated you weren't sure

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where health and safety played an important part in your past experiences   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.