Korn Ferry Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Korn Ferry Interview Questions

Interviews at Korn Ferry

2.9

Contract Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Korn Ferry (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in November 2012.

Interview

HR administrator/recruiter called to schedule an in person interview. Wanted to know my salary expectations right away, without sharing general comp plan/benefits. Very nice modern office space in st. Louis Park, Mn. Kind of a bad location. Met in conference room with 2 people (not HR). First half hour was one of their verbal test (explain most challenging situation, How did you handle it, etc). They take lots of notes. Last question was the famous "tell us about yourself". Keep is to the point, business focus. Kind of a cold/sterile interview really.

Interview Questions

• All the questions they asked were the standard Interview questions. be prepared with examples and succinct answers.   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Korn Ferry (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

Lengthy process -- Began with a phone interview from a recruiter, then had to meet with many different people in two different office. All VP's interviewed and then one consultant. great learning expeirence

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your fav job and was it because of free food,   Answer Question

Negotiation

Short.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Korn Ferry (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

Met with a senior associate about the role and my career interest, was then asked to come back and meet with two Sr. Client Partners, went back a final time to meet with another SA and the two Sr. Client Partners again. Was then asked to complete a behavioral assessment. This process took about 5-6 weeks and at the end of it all I had to chase them for answers. When I did hear back, they said they would call me and never did, and then when I called to follow-up, my message was never returned. It was very disappointing after putting in so much time and effort.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at an executive search firm?   Answer Question
    • What do you like about recruiting and why do you think you would make a good executive recruiter?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Korn Ferry.

Interview

I was contacted by a third party recruiter. Did phone screens with a partner, a principal, and an associate. Conversations were pretty standard/straightforward- asking about my background and then some behavioral questions. I was a bit turned off by my conversation with the associate; at one point he said I "seemed like a smart girl with a good head on her shoulders" which was patronizing and unprofessional. Korn Ferry is a good place for you if you want to work hard and you're attracted to the brand name, but work-life balance seemed non-existent and people were almost proud of how much they worked. It is not the place for you if you want a work environment if you have a more "human" touch to recruiting. Wasn't a fit for me at the end of the day.

Interview Questions

Interview

A former employee forwarded my resume. After a few months they reached out to start the interview process. I had 4 interviews and 2 assessments (personality and critical thinking). Interviews were mainly behavioral and only a few technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my strengths and weaknesses and previous work experience   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Korn Ferry in December 2016.

Interview

When a company (especially in recruitment) goes public it becomes ALL about the numbers.
    Quality therefore extremely lacks (ie Robert Half). This firm is no different.
    Was contacted cheaply through linked in.
    Set up a phone screen time. Recruiter MISSED the appointment and never notified me. After following up I was able to reschedule weeks later.
    Was then asked to fill out a questionnaire like a new hire out of university which asked me what my and experience was (which they should know since they scouted me from a direct competitor).
    This questionnaire was riddled with spelling and typographical errors.
    Set up a phone call with local office (face to face is always better, especially if you're local).
    Went well but she thought I was too expensive.
    Never heard a peep from them for weeks. Had to follow up myself.
    Basically they just pass you around.
    Recruiters are pretty unprofessional (surprisingly since they are a recruitment firm).
    In their quest to become the biggest they have become one of the crappiest. Avoid.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Korn Ferry.

Interview

Call with recruiter, asked about salary expectation straight off the bat without any information about the position. Wasn’t very knowledgeable about the position even at the surface level. Asked for work sample to pass on to employees. Asked a few follow up questions through email and was told that I would be contacted the following week. Never received a response. Similar incidents also happened to a few of my friends that were applying for different positions or contract work. Poor recruitment procedure and candidate experience.

Leadership Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Korn Ferry (New York, NY (US)) in July 2009.

Interview

Initial screening interview, several online assessments, behavioral interview and several face to face interviews to meet senior partners on the leadership and search side (a mix of structure, assessment and conversation)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed, what did you learn. Describe a situation when you needed to learn something new.   Answer Question

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Korn Ferry (Dallas, TX (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

Totally unprofessional. Each email riddled with incorrectly spelled words. Each interview was a half an hour late, even over the phone. Included a time-consuming personality test.

Made it to the third stage of interviews--was told that interview would be conducted by a consultant. Was given basically four entire days to choose an interview time from. Interview was confirmed.

Three hours later, was told the consultant was swamped with interviews and didn't know when they'd have time, but they'd get back to me.

They never got back to me.

Apparently, this company doesn't realize they're dealing with people's careers during the interview process. Most unprofessionally I've ever been treated in an alleged "recruitment" process.

Dodged a bullet. If they treat people this way during hiring, one can only imagine how they treat people on the job.

Interview Questions

• The usual. What's your biggest success. Tell me about a problem you solved. Do you know how to use this or that social media platform. The person I spoke to who would have supervised me seemed to have her act together. However, both she and the recruitment specialist made sure to let me know how busy they were.

I didn't have the heart to remind them that only one of us wasn't getting paid for this process. That being me.   Answer Question

Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Korn Ferry.

Interview

Terrible, took too long, the person interviewing was not knowledgeable, the person interviewing did not give good reasons to why they were working for the company, the person interviewing could not explain why the company has high turnover

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.