Model N Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Model N Interview Questions

Interviews at Model N

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Model N.

Interview

First spoke with a recruiter who gave me the outline of the position, very basic interview and felt like it was more procedural to give me more info on the position and see if I was interested based on the salary they were offering.
    Had two interviews with the team leader, the first one mostly a meet and greet about myself and the second one a more technical interview with some of the team members asking questions as well.
    After getting the go-ahead from the team leader I was transferred over to a new HR person who negotiated the final compensation package and offer details.
    Everyone I spoke to was very nice and professional. All interviews were done via Zoom as in person interviews were not allowed during the Covid-19 Quarantine.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a left join in SQL.   Answer Question
    • Please describe CSV, how comfortable are you with this format.   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a customer who reaches out for support right as you are clocking off for the day and nobody else is around to assist them.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineering Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Model N.

Interview

I had a short call with the recruiter (HR), then a screen with hiring manager. The HR person was friendly, professional and went the extra mile to get my questions answered.

The hiring manager became frustrated with questions I asked, but was polite.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Model N (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

The process was very efficient and very well organized from start to finish, which included several rounds of interviews over video conference. Everyone one that I met with was respectful, informative, transparent, and candid.

Interview Questions

• Questions focused on my experience and similarities to the role I was interviewing for, as well as how to influence and manage conflict.   Answer Question

Site Reliability Engineer Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Model N (Milpitas, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

When hiring manager called me, the job description he has provided was completely inline with what i was looking for and we both immediately got connected.

Then few days later a second call was arranged with another manager at Model N, and to my surprise the second person who called me had no clue as to what he wants and exactly his requirements were opposite to my initial discussion with the hiring manager.

Based on my discussion during the first call, i provided my background on same lines to person who called me as step 2 of hiring process second. There is complete lack of understanding between the 2 managers who called me.

Please ensure hiring manager has full knowledge of the position and what he is expecting from candidate who are applying.

Thanks

Pre-Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Model N (San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me since had a good background that suppose fit their requirements. Was familiar with the company and the CPQ process and other areas of their offer. So we had a phone interview to go over my background.

Interview Questions

• Question from the HR recruiter concerning my roles and background especially around pre-sales, business development, solution requirements and design. However she kept saying I did not meet the requirements for the role.   1 Answer

Recruitment Coordinator Interview

Interview

I applied online through LinkedIn and within a day I received an email to schedule a phone call. Two days before our scheduled call, she emailed me back asking to move the call to the next day, and I confirmed that it would work for me. On the day of the scheduled phone call, I waited 20 minutes and didn't receive a call. I sent her an email to follow up, remind her of our call, and ask if she needed to reschedule. I never heard back from her at all. As a recruiter, if you take the time to schedule a call then you should follow through or at least send a courtesy message if you decide that you want to cancel the call and not move forward. Completely unprofessional and it says a lot about how they approach the hiring process.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Model N.

Interview

Applied through my university's career services website. Round 1 is a simple phone interview with all behavioral questions. Round 2 is a phone interview with a simple excel case. Round 3 is another phone interview. All the people I spoke with were very nice and professional.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Model N (Princeton, NJ (US)).

Interview

1st contact phone interview with HR, basic fit questions. 2nd round is a case study using excel formulas and a powerpoint, plus another phone interview. Final round; 3 interviews, how your skills match needs of the role, know agile development and model N business.

Interview Questions

• What is revenue management? Why consulting?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoneton, OH (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Model N (Phoneton, OH (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very brief. The person I spoke to asked very basic questions. Overall it was a positive experience, however the group was not clear on basic instructions that I had during the job.

New Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Model N (Denver, CO (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Don't waste your time with this company! I applied on-line. I was contacted by a representative who interviewed me at length by phone. She found my experience and credentials to be outstanding. (I have 12 years of highly successful experience as a New Business Development Director with software and IT companies). This person said she would "definitely" set up an in-person interview with the manager at "Model N" and that this meeting would occur "in the next couple of days". Five days went by and I did not hear from anyone so I emailed the representative - not once but three times over a several day period. I finally received an email reply from the representative stating, unbelievably, the manager has decided not to interview me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some of your successes.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.