OYO Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at OYO

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at OYO.

Interview

Had 3 rounds: One with HR, and 2 with senior ops managers. HR round was mainly profile screening while the other 2 interviews were more behavioral/ situation based. The main idea is to know OYO's growth story and business model well and show high sense of ownership.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why are you leaving your current job 2. What are the challenges you foresee on ground at OYO .. a few other other situation based questions on team management   5 Answers

Product Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at OYO (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I was contacted for a Product director role . They called me directly for F2F rounds in Bangalore. I realized it was a recruitment drive mostly for PM and senior PM roles. I won't have entertained this if I had known earlier but I decided to give it a shot since I was there . Interviewers we're professional but it was obvious that they weren't looking for leadership roles.
     Entire process was conducted pathetically, there was almost 1 hr gap to start the process from communicated time and similar gap between 1st and 2nd rounds. I had to literally argue with the HR coordniators to get it completed sooner .
    Few days after I was told that hirint call has been made but for Sr PM role not director ! They wanted me to have one more round with CTO but later declined as I didn't want that role and they couldn't even match my current CTC.
    I made it very clear in the start about my expectations about role and CTC but still they wasted my time in futility.

Interview Questions

• how would you build a loyalty program for oyo?   3 Answers

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OYO (Austin, TX (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

I interviewed with the Head. This guy curses during the interview and hires people after 15minutes of talking to them (red flag). He also pulls his hair like he is in distress during the interview.

I asked questions that any informed candidate would do and he could not give answers. I really wanted the position however not on the account of failed leadership, I was offered the position and had to follow up three times (red flag).

Honestly, let me tell you the three red flags and why you should be VERY careful when approached by this company.
    1). Disorganization- I was told I am hired then later received a call telling me the location I interviewed for was full but I had an option to go some where else?! (What? I should’ve walked away here)
    2). Disorganization AGAIN- I had to follow up three times even after the 1st call telling me the location was full and I was to receive an offer letter(but they really want me)
    3). Liars- We agreed on a base salary on the phone and the offer letter showed differently, this was the breaking point.

I honestly do not feel this company will be successful in the USA with the leadership they have, he lacks professionalism and leadership for people which makes for a track-record. BEWARE! I cannot be anymore honest than this- I just could not take the offer because I had a “do not do it” feeling after everything transpired, do not let them talk you into something because it sounds good at first.

Besides advancing through the company means you would have to RELOCATE For two positions in a row, Regional Head and Director so Good luck. Go somewhere else

Interview Questions

• What is one reason if I called your old company that would tell us not to “bleaking” hire you? (Yes he cursed)   2 Answers

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OYO (New York, NY (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

I applied to the position via an online job board. I was contacted a few days later by an Indian recruiter with a Wisconsin phone number. He briefly told me about the company and asked if I was still interested in the position. He then asked me to describe the work I had done in my previous positions. At the end, he told me that he would forward my candidacy to my potential manager for the position for another interview.

The manager for the position called from his car and for the second phone interview. He asked me to explain my previous experience and qualifications in detail. He then told me some specifics about the position and what the company was doing with its expansion into the US. He stated that the range of base salary for the position was from $45,000 to $65,000 depending on qualifications and that I would be expected to make an additional $35,000 in commission. My only follow-up question was the workflow for the typical deal cycle. He stated that it was no less than 3 meetings with the prospect.

Before ending our call, I was told that I would hear back from the first interviewer with next steps. I received that call a few days later from the original interviewer and was offered the job. I did not need to counter-offer and accepted the position formally after signing the offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Why are you pursuing a career in sales?   1 Answer
    • How will you apply the skills you developed from your previous position to the one you're seeking now?   1 Answer
    • Can you tell me about a time when you had to overcome an objection to get a deal done?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OYO (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Interviewer told me they would expect me to work on Sundays over and above the working Saturdays. Then he told me they have 12 hours working everyday. It's unbelievable that they prepare the timelines as such, but it's good of the interviewer that he let me know before going further. It was like a hint that 'don't join this company, I myself am struck here'

Interview Questions

• Sql questions. And did you work on weekends in your previous organization?   2 Answers

Regional Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at OYO (New York, NY (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

First of all i would like to inform that they had a very busy schedule even they don't even manage to take my interview. I had to wait around half an hour in reception table. After that they put me into a vacant room and told me to wait. I wait for another 10 mins , then one person came to take my interview which is not on technicality. After various discussions he told me that i lack some experience for this job and they were looking for something else. Then they offered me a internship in marketing area because there will be a boom period for hospitality from april to june. They again told me to wait. After 20 mins that person came to take my first round of interview. In that he told me about the work and the duration of internship. I accepted the offer. Then they again told me to wait. This time i waited for almost 1 hour. After that one lady came for the second round interview. She asked me why i am desired to do this internship and lots of stuffs related to that but nothing technical. After that they told me to go to home. And till now no phone call had been made to me for further updates.

Operation Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OYO in December 2017.

Interview

3 rounds in total.
    1st round related to job experience. Prepare each points written in resume as interviewer might go deep.
    2nd round related to internship. Also detailed interview with small case study.
    3rd round technical along with case study

Interview Questions

• How you achieved cost reduction?   2 Answers
    • How to increase revenue for hotel?   1 Answer
    • How to optimize daily operation activities?   1 Answer

Busineess Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OYO.

Interview

Very short and a little bit informal. But it is a general interview, HR formed a group on WeChat and initiate an online interview. And you would be asked to make an 1-minute- impromptu speech with preparation time of 30 sec.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of sharing economy?   1 Answer

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OYO (Washington, DC (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

Suspiciously fast response to online application (under 30 minutes) to set up a call. Interviewer was oddly cagey about confirming phone number to call. Interviewer gave some background on the company and was basically describing a work from home, door-to-door (hotel membership) sales position.

Interview Questions

• Math question requiring a calculator at the end of the interview. Huh?   1 Answer
    • How did you hear about us?   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at OYO (Dallas, TX (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

The interview process was concise, efficient, and to the point. Wasted no time and got me on board asap. They are a start up therefore moving quickly and chaotically but all is enticing and exciting for anyone looking for a start up. They were transparent and very easy to communicate with.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.