PNC Financial Services Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at PNC Financial Services Group

1,709 Interview Reviews

2.6

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

The phone interview process was not what I expected it to be. The recruiter left me a voicemail on day 1, and I had to call her repeatedly in order to get through. I left messages on day 1 and day 2, and finally reached her on day 3.

We started off with some of the usual, an overview of the position (matching what I applied to), location (did not match what I applied to), specific department (also did not match), and salary (a bit low - why do they ask your salary requirements on the application, if they're going to call you anyway with this?). And then she got to the hours - the job posting that I applied to was very clearly a first shift position; she called me for a second shift position. And then argued with me that I was wrong, that what I was seeing what wrong, and that the job posting she was looking at was absolutely, 100% right with no possibility for error.

I'm just floored by this. This recruiter has left a horrible impression of PNC on me.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

There were three in person interviews. Each lasted about 30 minutes. Everyone was incredibly kind and welcoming. They did an excellent job of answering my questions about the company

Interview Questions

• How did you solve a problem with a difficult team member?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Very simple interview process. It was a phone call first and then a superday where they fly you out to perform an in person interview. The interview was very easy with friendly interviewees. Had to go through two interviews in person during the superday.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of explaining a financial concept to a child   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Applied for the Technology & Innovation Internship Program. PNC first sent a HireVue with a few behavioral questions to be completed within 2 days. After completing that, the on-site interview was at a Super Day at PNC headquarters in Pittsburgh, with 50+ other candidates; PNC paid for/reimbursed all travel expenses and most food expenses. Very relaxed and conversational interviews, not many or any technical questions; PNC mostly wanted to see a candidate's cultural and personality fit. Peer hosts (current members of the PNC Technology & Innovation Development rotational program) also likely provided input on a candidate's fitness. Overall, very pleasant application and interview process.

Interview Questions

• How would you improve a banking app using your current knowledge and skills?   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

The interview process was first a Video then in person interview was overall a good experience and very professional. There was not a long period of time that passed and everyone was very helpful. Would highly recommend applying here.

Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pitts, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pitts, PA (US)).

Interview

I filled out an Online application and in about a week I received a phone call that I was accepted for a final interview. I flew to Pittsburgh for a final round interview. The interview was very conversational.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

It began with a video interview and then a few weeks later they offered me a super day in one of their hub offices. Everyone was very kind and the whole process took a little more than an hour. There were two separate interviews with 2 people each where they asked a combination of technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What is something that you consider to be a weakness of yours?   Answer Question

LEAD Summit Interview

Interview

They sent me HireVue interview in a week, just include the normal behavioral questions but not quite related to the summit..... Still waiting for the result. By the way, you have to write a composition at the end to describe why are you interested in some positions. The whole process lasts for 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What's your role in a team? Why do you think team work is important to PNC?   Answer Question

Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

The overall interview process was well-organized. There was an initial phone interview and then I was invited to come to super day in their Pittsburgh headquarters. Everyone was super nice and helpful and there weren't many trick questions, at least not for the development program interview. The interview focuses on your ability to hold a conversation and tell your story.

Interview Questions

• What trends do you see in the Asset Management industry?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

Interview

I applied online in late December, and within 2 weeks was contacted via email to complete a video interview. A week after submitting the video interview I was called by a recruiter and invited to a Super Day interview at PNC's Corporate Headquarters. The recruiter and travel coordinator were incredible; they paid for flights, set up a hotel, and reimbursed certain expenses. The process was incredible and very smooth.

The interview itself was very conversational. Each of the interviewers were kind and helpful to answer the questions I had. Following Super Day I was contacted within the week with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why PNC?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult team member.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if your supervisor didn't do their part to set you up for success in your own tasks?   Answer Question
    • Role play - what would you say to a customer that has a grievance about a charge on their account?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself/your resume.   Answer Question
    • What are the characteristics of a good bank manager?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.