SimpliVity Interview Questions

Updated 11 Nov 2017

To filter interviews, or .
Found 21 of over 21 interviews

Recruiter5%
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at SimpliVity

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SimpliVity (Westborough, MA)

Interview

It was a phone screen within a day or two of my online application. First of all, the hiring manager chose to do it on a speaker phone. The call quality was very poor and for the entire duration of the call, the near shouting into the speaker and unclear audio made it difficult to understand the other end. I had also expected atleast one or two technical questions based on the job requirements posted or my skills. There was none. Yet, I received a negative response rather quickly from jobvite as to fit. I wish it was conducted more professionally with preparation.

Interview Questions
  • What is your ideal manager?
    Answer Question
  • what is your ideal team to work with?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at SimpliVity (Denver, CO) in Sep 2016

Interview

Interview Process was a four fold process. It began with a phone interview by the regional manager, than followed up with an in person interview with the regional manager, then a phone interview with a potential peer and final interview with the local sales pairing. Phone interview and in person interview were fine, regional manager wanted to interview over a lunch, discussed a variety of topics. At the end of the interview, the regional manager, (after asking zero technical questions) told me he was concerned about my technical capability. He asked for me to interview with a potential peer for a technical interview. The technical interview was anything but. An hour long, maybe 3 technical questions and I had to correct their solutions architect on some specifics regarding latency components in storage. Dropped communication after that, so I accepted another position. Weeks later regional manager emailed to inform they had chosen another candidate (assumed at that point) but wanted to offer me another position. Graciously declined but happy to keep in touch. Again silence. The interview process would have been fine had the lack of communication not kept occurring.

Interview Questions
  • Asked to self rate on storage and virtualization technologies.

SimpliVity

Application

I interviewed at SimpliVity

Interview

I guess they did not even go through my resume, they just rejected me without even a call. Their requirement was absolutely generic. Nothing specific. I have a Computer Engineering Bachelors & a Finance Masters and I profitably ran operations of an IT Consulting firm from ground up. Simplivity has an amazing product and vision, their competitors are literally a few generations behind them in terms of technology. I'm an extremely meticulous person, researching companies and their backgrounds, usually pre-IPO tech firms never have revenue but simplivity is defying odds. I would however suggest that simplivity change their recruiting arm by hiring some other firm other than jobvite or develop an internal team(which would be slightly expensive at this time). I've had my fair share of experience with Recruiters, like I said, I used to run an IT consulting firm myself. I just hope Jobvite doesn't ruin Simplivity's growth by throwing worthwhile resources under the bus like they did with mine and would've with so many others who wouldn't have taken the time to review them.

1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SimpliVity (Boston, MA) in Mar 2016

Interview

2 Phone rounds (1 with hiring manager ~45 minutes) and 1 with 2 engineers on phone (1 hour 30 minutes) Phone rounds consisted mostly of Operating Systems, Storage and C++ based questions On site interview had 7 rounds in total each round 4 technical rounds each lasting 1 hour, 1 HR round and 2 hiring manager rounds with mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
  • Lot of resume based questions, C++ questions around inheritance, polymorphism in general, internal STL based questions (iterator invalidation, container.empty() vs container.size(), vector vs list, map vs unordered_map, exceptions, keywords like mutable, explicit, const, static, virtual), boost knowledge based questions. Operating systems questions (priority inheritance vs ceiling, deadlocks, thread vs process, context switches, locks and races, conditional variables, thread management, critical sections, filesystems -- what is an inode, what is a superblock, what is an indirect block vs direct block). Programming questions: 1. How to count number of bits set in a number? 2. Given array of numbers, implement two operations sum(startIndex, endIndex) and update(index, value) with order less than O(N). 3. Given array, modify it to have all odd numbers at start and even numbers at end. Implement optimizations on your approach (using multiple threads for eg.). 4. Given two arrays or random order, and given that both arrays are exactly the same except for one element, find that element.
4 people found this interview helpful

SimpliVity

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SimpliVity

Interview

The interview process was comprehensive and very well planned. Apart from the initial screening there was 7 formal interview rounds, both technical and non-technical. All the interviewers encouraged a two-way dialogue and patiently answered all queries/questions.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SimpliVity (Westborough, MA) in Mar 2016

Interview

I had a telephone interview with HR. It lasted about 25 minutes. They went over my resume and asked questions about previous internships and my major. I was also given an opportunity to ask several questions

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Paris

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SimpliVity (Paris) in Mar 2016

Interview

Meeting with the HR, and after that you can meet the Manager of your territory. You will aso meet your pre sales. And you will finish with the VP EMEA

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SimpliVity (Westborough, MA) in Feb 2016

Interview

I submitted a resume, and then HR called with a phone screen. I had 2 sets of onsite interviews, both were with 5+ people and lasted first thing in the morning until after lunch.

Interview Questions
  • What are 3 words I'd use to describe myself?

Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SimpliVity (Westborough, MA) in Oct 2015

Interview

Applied on the Career Site and was immediately contacted and invited in for a extended round of interviews. Scheduling was very simple and handled by some very nice ladies on the on the Recruiting team, they were very flexible and responsive. I was supplied with a list of who I was meeting with and for how long. I met with the Department head, Hiring manager, Recruiting Manager, three other Department leaders as well as the CEO's personal Program Management Consultant. I spent exactly 30 minutes with each person and they all covered various aspects of the team, the role and my experience as it relates to the role.

Interview Questions
  • I was consistently asked about my background as a project manager and how I operate/respond/react to various scenarios - strong focus on situation based questions.
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SimpliVity (Westborough, MA) in Sep 2015

Interview

The recruiting team at Simplivity was great. They were very responsive to any question I had, and accommodated me when scheduling the interview. The interview process started with a phone screening, followed by two on-site interviews. First on-site was just with a couple people. The second on-site was an all-day interview with about 8 different people. During the entire process everyone was very friendly.

Interview Questions
  • Very standard interview questions. I had a lot of technical question, but some people ask very typical questions. Like: Describe a conflict you had at your last job and how did you resolve it…
2 people found this interview helpful