SimpliVity Reviews

4.3
SimpliVity CEO Meg Whitman
Meg Whitman
1 Rating
Pros
  • "Exciting technology in a fast paced development environment(in 9 reviews)

• "The management team is the best I've work with(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The company is growing at an astounding rate which means there is a lot to be done(in 6 reviews)

• "Cannot speak to post HPE acquisition but before that:(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 4.0
      Former Employee

Pre-HPE aquisition review

Mar 24, 2020 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cannot speak to post HPE acquisition but before that: * Well organized and focused on execution and growth. * Exciting environment, got to work with very talented people.

Cons

Cannot speak to post HPE acquisition but before that: * Job and future uncertainty leading up to IPO/acquisition.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

It was a good ride

Dec 13, 2019 - Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cutting-edge product. Greatest people I worked with.

Cons

A revolving door of VPs, Sales and Engineering.

3. 5.0

The "rocketship"

Oct 29, 2015 - Director in Westborough, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love SimpliVity for countless reasons. Some of the most important ones are: 1. I can move the needle. Every day I wake up jazzed to come to work because I know I can solve challenging problems and make an tangible impact. 2. I work with a bunch of rock stars. Working at a smaller company means we've been able to hire the best and the brightest. There's nothing like being surround by motivated, intelligent and extremely hard working people. 3. The technology is SO cool. Actually, I take that back, "cool" doesn't do it justice. The Omnistack is a disruptive technology that is revolutionizing the IT landscape. I truly feel I'm helping engineer a historic product! 4. Career opportunities are plentiful. As company continues to add significant headcount, there is significant room to make progress in your career, whether you are junior, or further along in your career. Net-Net, this is NOT a job I come to just for a paycheck. I love what we're building, the people I work with and how much ownership I feel in the success of the company. Hands down, the best place I've ever worked.

Cons

As with any small company, work life balance can be a challenge. For me, this isn't an issue. I have seen other people who are challenged by the intensity level and hours required here. That said, I often say that people put in long hours here, not because they feel they have to, but rather because they want to. Many of us feel that every single hour we put in, brings the company that much closer to success.

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work- awesome atmosphere

Nov 12, 2015 - Accounting Associate in Holden, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

People are fantastic. There is a very eclectic group. I've become friendly with people in various departments. We have quarterly meetings where you hear the latest and greatest news and get to meet our global team. I'm always intrigued about what other people do for SimpliVity. Roberta, the receptionist, is awesome. She genuinely cares about the team and creates a wonderful entrance each day. The finance management team is amazing. This is the first time I have ever truly felt as though I am part of a team and they have my back. Every day I'm thanked for my contributions by various members of management. It feels wonderful. It's nice when the CEO comes running by and knows my name :)

Cons

I have two things that I would change about my experience here: 1) I don't always feel info is communicated across the board about procedures. Expense reports for example. It's up to each hiring manager to make their new hires aware of policies and process. I don't always feel like people are given that info. 2) The food. The food is good, it's awesome. It's an amazing benefit. The Con to it? It's hard not to over indulge.

5. 2.0
      Current Employee

A view from the deck of the Titanic

Jan 16, 2017 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Tremendous opportunity to build something meaningful and to stake-out your contributions to the company. Engineering senior leadership is fantastic. Benefits are average.

Cons

With the exception of engineering, senior executive leadership is awful. Product management is incapable of learning from their mistakes and Marketing is dillusional about brand awareness. Sales is weak and not agile enough to sell into use cases (most are former storage sales and can only speak intelligently about storage). The company hasn't been actively hiring in over a year amid layoffs. For such a phenomenal product, it's really disappointing to watch as the business fails to execute on what they need to maintain competitiveness. You will go years without raises, bonuses, or any career growth, even with substantial contributions to the business. Benefits are lacking. There is no longer a free lunch and vacation is 15 days. There is no maternity leave for pregnant mothers unless you want to go on disability (at a significantly reduced paycheck ) or take FMLA and not get paid at all. Very few women are in leadership positions and no women have been promoted to VP during my employment. Much of the goings-on across the various organizations are kept secret. Political issues among organizations are profound and most things are done bottom up instead of top down due to the lacking strength of the leadership in place. Most organizations are severely understaffed due to layoffs and budget constraints with no open reqs to replace the trimmed off employees. Simplivity has so much potential. It's sad to see this happening.

9 people found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Hyperconvergance Technology Leader

May 18, 2016 - Program Management in Northborough, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really cool technology that is at the forefront of the industry! For people who work best in well structured environments will find themselves right at home as a SimpliVity Team Member. Lots of focus on process oriented, programmatic approach to project /task execution. CEO is working very hard to drive the company forward and likes to focus on the team and not himself. Technology leader in an emerging IT market that is on the cusp of going viral. Great free lunch program, free healthy snacks and coffee! Most benefits are competitive with companies in the industry. Really good, medical, dental and vision, supplementary benefits are being rounded out. Met lots a great people at SimpliVity, a real sense of teamwork among most Team Members. Met some really smart people on my team that I have a ton of respect for as fellow practitioners.

Cons

For people that like less structure, less process or very loose definitions, this may not be the best fit culturally. The company is somewhere between start up and IPO, and doesn't follow the "silicon valley" model, so don't expect ping pong tables or foosball, but it is not rigid either. No 401k match right now, no tuition reimbursement right now either.

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Proud and grateful to be part of the SimpliVity family

Oct 23, 2015 - Marketing Demand Generation Associate in Westborough, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is an amazing company leading the way in Hyperconvergence. It's run by the most knowledgeable, creative, and inspiring people in any industry. The streamlined enablement process gave me all the tools I needed to be extremely success in my position, and to truly have an understanding of the company and humble mission to simplify IT. We do this by being the only company to offer the best of both worlds, x86 cloud economics as well as enterprise capabilities, converting all IT below the hypervisor. Plus SimpliVity has free catered lunch everyday AND an amazing salad bar with lots of great options on it as well as snack and fresh fruit available all day.

Cons

It can sometimes be challenging scheduling a meeting conference room due to them being already booked. I think we need a bigger boat.

8. 5.0

Entry Level Paradise

Sep 17, 2015 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

As a recent college graduate, I am thrilled to be able to start my career at a fast-paced, success-driven company. Most of my co-workers also recently joined the company, so we are patient with each other and work as a true cohesive team. There is so much to accomplish here that I am pleased to say I am never working on busy work, and I am encouraged to express my opinions daily. Everything I do is vital and a help to SimpliVity. I doubt I would feel this confident about the start of my career if I didn't work at SimpliVity.

Cons

Nothing really. I am very happy to be here. The hours can be long and there are very high expectations, but it's to be expected. The company is growing at an astounding rate which means there is a lot to be done. You'll never be bored to say the least.

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 5.0

Awesome Company

Nov 2, 2015 - Solutions Architect in Tallahassee, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

SimpliVity is radically changing how companies manage and operate the IT infrastructure - the best thing about this job is to see the reaction of an end-user after a demonstration. I've been here almost a year and it's been quite the ride. Everyone has been extremely helpful, collaborative, and focused. I came over here from a very large OEM and have absolutely no regrets. If you are looking for the next thing that's going to change IT infrastructure, this is it.

Cons

I wouldn't say it's a "con" - but as a young, emerging company that's growing exponentially, you may experience some "growth pains." The best thing is everyone works together to get what needs to be done and ensure we go over and beyond for our customers.

3 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee

What a great first year in this brilliant company

Jul 9, 2015 - Regional Director in Cape Town
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company is well organised and everyone knows exactly what is expected from you. Great products, great management and top class people working for SimpliVity. Only the best will survive. Here is no place for unorganised or undisciplined people. We are a group of people who love our work, love our customers and only want the best for both the end users and our own organisation.

Cons

We are still young company and we need to grow through the typical pains phased with a company who is only selling for two years, but it is fun and we love what we do.

2 people found this review helpful