Vestas Wind Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 5 Apr 2019

2.8

Sort:

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vestas Wind Systems (Portland, OR (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Three managers utilize a preset series of questions that did and did not have anything to do with the position. They contained the usual set of predictable questions like: Where do you see yourself in 5 years... One manager was so preoccupied taking notes that he never made eye contact. He was so arrogant that I had to ask him to introduce himself since he walked in and immediately started asking his list of questions.

Interview Questions

• Were do you see yourself in 5 years??? Among other pre-conceived list of questions.   Answer Question

Lead Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vestas Wind Systems in March 2012.

Interview

I had two interviews overall. Both interviews asked specific questions about my technical background and my management experience. The site was hiring brand new techs, so they wanted to make sure I had the electrical and hydraulic skills needed to train and help troubleshoot when needed. Several questions about balancing home life and overtime and how I plan to manage it.

Interview Questions

• When using a multimeter for troubleshooting capacitors, what setting is used to check capacitance?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vestas Wind Systems (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Screening interview on the phone with the panel of three members
    then an onsite interview with the panel of four members. The interviews happened on time but the process of connecting with them was difficult

Interview Questions

• Basic HR questions such as How did you approach a task?
      any difficulties faced?   Answer Question

Ndt Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pueblo, CO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vestas Wind Systems (Pueblo, CO (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

You get a phone call from a recruiter, then a phone interview with a Team Lead, then a sit down interview with management. After that you wait for the call from the recruiter with their offer. DONT LISTEN TO ANYTHING THEY SAY ABOUT PAY SCALE OR ADVANCEMENT. It's all a lie. You'll spend 5 years working the same job, same shift and every year get a 30-50 cents raise.

Intern Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vestas Wind Systems (Houston, TX (US)) in May 2010.

Interview

I was invited to their site for less than half a day interview. No meal involved.
    The recruiter from HR welcomed me and showed me their offices and facilities.
    Then I was interviewed by several junior engineers for technical competence. They had similar engineering background as I did. Their questions were mostly about my previous experience at school and my skills. This part lasted for one hour. They left and presumably gave feedback to the recruiter.
    The next half hour was scheduled with the HR to evaluate if I was a fit to the company's culture. But this process was somehow canceled on that day.
    After a short moment of waiting in the conference room, I was offered an intern engineering position and I took it right away.

I heard the full time process is much more intensive and similar to most companies. It may consist of a couple of days on-site interview with various group of people.

Interview Questions

• experience with high performance computing, Linux working environment, parallel computing, Matlab.   Answer Question

Material Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tyler, MN (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vestas Wind Systems (Tyler, MN (US)) in May 2010.

Interview

This was an internal interview for me so possibly a different scenario than what is normal.

Interview Questions

• Possibly how I would change how the job was currently being performed.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The position was to be based in Portland, OR and I was able to negotiate working remotely and not having to relocate.

Manufacturing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vestas Wind Systems (Windsor, CO (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

Very quick and brief interview. Didn't take very long. They just want to know that you're somewhat responsible. They'll hire pretty much anyone because of how much they need people. Just let them know that you're not just there for the sake of having a job and want to help the company as well as yourself grow. Other than that, just the typical interview questions.

Management Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vestas Wind Systems (Portland, OR (US)) in April 2011.

Interview

Initial phone interview, which led to an office interview with the VP of HR and a current Management Assistant. Asked a lot of questions about analytics and tried to ensure the position was differentiated as a management training position and not an administrative assistant position.

Laborer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CO (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vestas Wind Systems (Windsor, CO (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

Round table interview with 2 managers, asked if I had experience, wanted to know about my health condition, asked about my family, i.e. Wether or not I was supporting my children and did they live at home with me.

Interview Questions

• If I was able to get to and from work and work the shift hours they requested   1 Answer

Leave Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vestas Wind Systems.

Interview

Telephone interview with recruiter. Went over resume' and education. Described the position & benefits. Described next steps of the interview process after the telephone interview. Did not receive a 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

• Went over all my experience and skills related to the position.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.