Walmart Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 25 Feb 2019

2.9

49 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lonoke, AR (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Lonoke, AR (US)).

Interview

They called me first. Then I was interviewed by the night manager for the first one. Then I had to go for a drug test . I then had a second interview with two manages.

Negotiation

I accepted the job.

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (San Bruno, CA (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

Phone and onsite interview, had five rounds of interview. Mostly in core java and database.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (San Jose, CA (US)).

Interview

The process was horrible.
    I tired many time to Walmart eCommerce in the hope that I will get good person to take an interview. But till now all of them were having horrible attitude. Below is some example:
    - One person asked me questions which does not even make sense and as I asked him for the answer he gave reason that there is not enough time to discuss in fact I was having 5 mins.
     - Another person asked me programming question and went away in the mean time I was typing the code and trying to explain each and every steps and that person was not there. After coming back that person told me to go through steps one by one. when I was giving explaining he did not give any interest.
    If you give interview be prepare for horrible attitude since they will think that they are superior than others.
    I have given all top companies interview but this one has worst people don't know what they are asking.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied online. Got a call from a recruiter -she was very helpful and nice. She setup a technical interview with a designer for the following week. The questions were mostly about different Facebook features and apps.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview went smoothly. Standard technical questions with emphasis on database internals, object oriented design, java, big data technologies, data structures, algorithms, coding and presentation, problem solving etc. First there was a phone interview, followed by onsite interview. There were 4 interviewers and all were friendly with clear expectation set on solving the problem in efficient way. Efficient and structured code is expected and working internals of java and database is also expected along with few big data technologies

Interview Questions

• If tree 1 has millions of nodes, tree 2 has thousands of nodes. How will you find tree 2 is a subtree of tree 1? How sorting in database works?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart in April 2018.

Interview

Applied through university's career fair, email for phone screen within 3 days. Walmart Labs. Basic mathematical and statistics questions and a coding question, staff interview, no response ever since.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Walmart (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview process involved several rounds. I started with a phone screen then was invited for on-site interviews. It was a good experience and everyone was polite. A lot of white-boarding, and optimization questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

Long interview, it took them almost two months to make up their minds. It started with a phone screen with a recruiter who didn't seem to know much about the role and company then phone screen with hiring manager then another phone screen then onsite.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather be an individual contributor or manage a team?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I have submitted my application in June 2016 and the application status still says "Under Consideration". I am not sure if the Walmart HR's look at our applications at all. Is there a different process to apply at Walmart? Please let everyone know. There is no communication at all. Neither a rejection email or accepted email. Not sure if there is any problem with the application or is it the regular process.

Interview Questions

• I really wish I could go to that step of getting called for an interview.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walmart (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

There is a Phone Screen where technical, design, data structures questions were asked.
    Next there is a On-site interview with 4 people for 3-4 hours and finally there is HR interview

Interview Questions

• Ask me on designing the app and features I would like to add in that app and how would I add it?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.