Zillow Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 949 of over 949 interviews

Employee Referral12%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Zillow

Application

I interviewed at Zillow

Interview

I got contacted by a recruiter first for an initial phone call. The second step was a Zoom interview with 3 different managers, about 3-4 questions each. From there, it took about a week for me to receive an offer call from another recruiter.

Interview Questions
  • The hiring managers in connections will ask a lot of S.T.A.R questions, wanting a well explained scenario for an answer that displays your skills.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davie, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Zillow (Davie, FL) in Sep 2021

Interview

The interview process went very well. I spoke to 2 Assistant Managers, for 30 minutes each, and the time just flew by. They made me feel comfortable and listened to my responses carefully. I applied for an Escrow Officer position but it was not certain that that would be the position I would be offered. If offered the position, I would feel so blessed and of course excited to be working at such a great company.

Interview Questions
  • How would I handle a situation where a closing was delayed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Tampa, FL) in Sep 2021

Interview

Slow and not very communicative. HR reps were confused as to whether one or the other had called me. Follow up not as promised and unanswered questions and emails from employer representative

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zillow (Los Angeles, CA) in Sep 2021

Interview

Two separate, Zoom meetings back to back. Both interviews were casual, it was nice to feel the energy from both of them. They both love their jobs and were super excited about the future at Zillow.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Zillow

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zillow

Interview

Pretty straight forward process: first a basic phone screening going over your experience and aspirations; they really go over every single role on your resume. Then, a more in depth interview with HM.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Zillow

Application

I interviewed at Zillow

Interview

There was only a behavioral interview and the recruiter did not follow up for a second interview. They were pretty standard interview questions and the interviewer was very friendly and easy going.

Interview Questions
  • What was a challenging situation you've faced and how did you resolve it?

Zillow

Application

I interviewed at Zillow

Interview

Was brought to interview with 3 different people.It seems weird but I wasn't asked a single question about real estate.I thought the interview had gone good until I told that there edged more. I had no problem but they seem to ghost u as soon as you are declined and give you no reason.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Boynton Beach, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Boynton Beach, FL) in Aug 2021

Interview

The interviewing process consisted of three parts. The first, you interview on the phone with a recruiter to see if you’re right for the job. The second interview, you interview on the phone with someone from the team. The third interview, you are scheduled with three different people through zoom, back to back.

Interview Questions
  • 1.) Explain a time when you had to make a trade off to get a task completed in time. 2.) What is something you’ve accomplished that you’re proud of completing. 3.) Name a time when the client experience was lacking. What did you do to improve?
2 people found this interview helpful

Zillow

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow in Aug 2021

Interview

I got contacted by a recruiter after my 3rd application. They set up a typical HR phone screen to talk about the job and my background. The recruiter seemed new to their job and just read straight off the job description and asked scripted questions without really introducing themselves. They didn't seem to know much about tech and couldn't answer any of my questions about the position besides what was listed on the job description. I thought it might have been an intern doing the call. I was moved to the next stage for a ~1 hour technical Hackerrank screen. The technical screen started off with very brief introductions and moved straight to coding without any behavioral questions like others on here said they received; I'm not sure if I passed the vibe check immediately so they decided to pass on the behaviorals or what.(?) I was asked 2 questions that were around LC medium. The first question I misunderstood to start (find Fibonacci sum, but I thought it was just regular Fibonacci until I was corrected) and ended up solving in O(n) time after a little fumbling. The interviewer asked if there was a faster approach, to which I said I didn't think so. I looked it up after the interview and there is an O(log(n)) solution that involves recognizing a math trick, but I doubt anybody who doesn't already know the answer going in to the interview would recognize it. I think this question was poor and doesn't have any real life application to what your average developer would ever do. The second question I recognized two possible approaches. I stated how I would do the slower O(n) brute force approach and what it's run time would be, and then proceeded to code the faster O(log(n)) binary search approach. I got the faster approach correct-ish with one mistake that I fixed after a hint from the interviewer. I wrote some test cases prior to fixing the mistake and they all passed, so in hindsight I was missing a single test case. The interviewer tried a little to guide me to recognize that I was missing the test case, but I think the stress of the interview situation and their hints being a little too vague for me to pick up on caused me to not recognize the missing test case. I was beating myself up about that when I realized it an hour after the interview had ended, but hoped they would overlook a minor mistake and give me a chance at an onsite (that's why we work in teams, right? to help catch mistakes?). Unfortunately I got a rejection email the next day. It sucks to be rejected for not having pre-hand knowledge of a problem and/or not being perfect in another problem in a 40 minute interview, but I guess it is what it is :(.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zillow (New York, NY) in Aug 2021

Interview

The interview process was several recruiter conversations followed by five thirty minute interviews with various members of the teams on the same day. The first couple of interviews were a pleasant two-sided conversation, the next few left me with little to no time to ask questions as some of the interviewers were more interested in how email functions in my current job as opposed to any elaborated insight on the expectations Zillow has for this role. The process is a two way street and as much as Zillow needs to vet who would be a good fit, the interviewee needs time to do the same. The "firing range" question approach to the interview is not as effective as a conversation. In my experience as an interviewer, I will often rate the interviews on the types of questions that were asked of me. More than once, I was left with time for only one question to ask and the interviewer had to run to another meeting and couldn't elaborate. The recruiters were very professional, detailed and frankly, provided me greater context to the actual work entailed to the job than some of the interviewers did.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 949 Interviews