Zillow Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Zillow Interview Questions

Interviews at Zillow

2.9

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

Great communication. Laid out expectations and time lines. Even gave some interview pre material. The interviews were informative and well structured. They were also consistent. The loop interview was long, but it was a positive experience. It allows the candidate to get multiple points of view of the company. Most questions are behavior or situational based questions.

Interview Questions

• Situational and behavior based questions. A lot of tell me about a time or what would you do.   Answer Question

17 Sep 2020 – Zillow

I really appreciate you sharing your experience with us. Congratulations on accepting your offer. If you'd like to connect in the future please feel free to reach out to me at annie@zillowgroup.com. -Annie Rihn, VP of Recruiting

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

Got a prep phone call from a recruiter and then a technical phone interview the next week.

The technical phone interview was done on hackerrank, the question itself was of medium difficulty.

I got really close to solving the problem but had an off-by-one error at the very end. When I tried to ask for a little guidance I was told that I could run the code on hackerrank, that wasn't particularly useful.

I couldn't help but feel bad after the interview because it felt like the interviewer silently watched me struggle and didn't offer any hints or feedback. And I was very close to solving the problem, it seemed like only a little guidance was needed.

I hope for future candidates that Zillow will either have interviewers offer a hint or two during the interview or give the coding problem straight from hackerrank without an interviewer, that way you don't have to concern yourself with talking to the interviewer and that whole process. I hope this feedback will be taken into consideration.

A couple days after the interview I got the rejection email.

Interview Questions

Zillow Response

3 Sep 2020 – Zillow

Hello, thank you for sharing your interview experience, and I am sorry to hear your interaction was not up to your expectations. If you would like to talk about this further please feel free to reach me at andrewdav@zillowgroup.com. Thank you - Andrew Davis, Recruiting Manager

Property Compliance Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

4 interviews. First, brief discussion with recruiter. Second, another discussion with recruiter. Third, phone interview with department manager. Last, loop interview over the course of 2 hours. Individuals ranging from the same position, to partners, to managers log on to video chat one at a time. Talked to a total of four people (not counting brief discussion with recruiter and recruiting manager totaling 10 minutes).

Interview Questions

• What do you like least about teamwork?   1 Answer

17 Aug 2020 – Zillow

Congratulations on accepting your offer and thank you for taking the time to share about your interview! - Annie Rihn, VP of Recruiting

Mortgage Disclosure Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

Two rounds of phone interviews. Very straightforward. I worked with Kendra Berberich (Senior Recruiter) and she was absolutely amazing. She really gave me a deep insight into the company and told me exactly what they were looking for and expecting from a candidate. Very straightforward and honest. Great recruiter!

Interview Questions

Zillow Response

31 Aug 2020 – Zillow

I'm thrilled you had such a great interview experience with us and congratulations on your offer! -Annie Rihn, VP of Recruiting

Compliance Analyst Interview

Interview

They won’t hire you if you are not white, especially at the Seattle office. Do not bother. During COVID, forget it if you’re Asian. Like so many companies in the Seattle area, they prefer to hire white.

Interview Questions

Zillow Response

4 Aug 2020 – Zillow

Thank you for surfacing your experience to us. At Zillow, we have zero tolerance for racism or discrimination of any kind -- period. We also take fairness in our recruiting process very seriously at Zillow. If you'd be willing to discuss this with me privately, I'd like to hear directly from you. Please reach out to me at annie@zillowgroup.com. Thank you for speaking up and I hope to hear from you soon. - Annie Rihn, VP of Recruiting

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow.

Interview

A screener phone interview followed by an afternoon of in-person interviews with four different employees, another phone interview with someone from a different office that held a similar position, a final in person with the GM and the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Zillow Response

3 Aug 2020 – Zillow

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience, and congratulations on accepting your offer! Feel free to reach out if you'd like to connect further. - Annie Rihn, annie@zillowgroup.com

Interview

HR recruitment was very transparent and helpful during each step of the interview. I was provided updates along the way and periodic check-ins. All of my interviewers had different questions and were all a little different in their approaches to establishing rapport, and offering follow-up questions.

Interview Questions

Zillow Response

3 Aug 2020 – Zillow

Congratulations on accepting your offer and thank you for taking the time to share about the positive interview experience you had with us! Feel free to reach out to me directly if you'd like to share anything additional about your experience at annie@zillowgroup.com. -Annie Rihn

Corporate Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

Best interview process I've experienced in my career. Zillow's Senior Recruiter was very kind and communicative throughout. Timelines and expectations were always clear. I was very excited by the idea of working at Zillow, but even more so after speaking with the recruiter and the rest of the team. The recruiter sent along helpful interview prep materials. The team asked formal, behavioral questions, especially relating to my past experience and Zillow's core values, but also left room for more informal conversation and questions on my end. I also had to complete a contract review assignment (standard for this field). They were transparent about the benefits and compensation, which I appreciated.

Generally, I felt very valued as a candidate, which seems to be in line with the way Zillow values its employees, and which led to my ultimate decision to accept the offer. After I accepted the offer, my hiring manager and my recruiter continued to provide important and helpful support during my transition from my former employer, and members of my future team reached out with kind messages. The interview process was a lovely experience overall and a positive signal for future life at Zillow. Can't wait :)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you demonstrated [Zillow Core Value]   Answer Question

17 Aug 2020 – Zillow

I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your interview experience with us and accepted an offer. Congratulations! - Annie Rihn, VP of Recruiting

Interview

Due to COVID, interview was conducted over the phone. Initial screening was predictable. No follow up after the interview by recruiter. Job has been reposted multiple times.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult... it was all pretty standard.   Answer Question

3 Aug 2020 – Zillow

Thank you for sharing feedback about your interview experience and I apologize that you did not receive any follow up from your recruiter. We really appreciate you taking time to interview with us and your experience with be shared with the Recruiting Team. If there are any other details you'd like to share please reach out to me directly. -Annie Rihn, annie@zillowgroup.com

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zillow (San Mateo, CA (US)).

Interview

Applied online and recruiter asked me to setup time for a call. In the call the recruiter says that she does not have a green light to hire for the position yet and will reach out at a later point. If she knew this why did she set up the meeting and waste my time ? Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.