Zillow Reviews

Found 1,220 of over 1,314 reviews

4.1
Zillow CEO Rich Barton
Rich Barton
Pros
  • "They have a great work-life balance(in 124 reviews)

• "Great company with great benefits(in 73 reviews)

• Cons
  • "none / work-life balance is great and the stock is great too(in 20 reviews)

• "Then upper management says asks why security hasn't solved for X problem(in 16 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good

Jun 2, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in New Delhi
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work life balance Beyond the expectation

Cons

No cons you should work here

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent Company but not as transparent as advertised

Nov 8, 2021 - Pricing Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

-My direct colleagues and indirect colleagues were all excellent humans. ZO really put thought and effort into who they hired and created a really amazing team full of diverse backgrounds. But at the same time it was like a well-oiled machine. -The health benefits are amazing. The other benefits are amazing. They give you a lot of freedom to work a schedule that is best for you. -There is high value on mental health, employee happiness, and understanding. It felt like whoever spoke to you was really listening. -Everyone wants to teach and help others to learn. -Their core values, properly practiced, are certainly pillars of a great company. -It really was the greatest company I ever worked for.

Cons

The transparency is more foggy than transparent. I found out that there would be layoffs from someone else who is not and has never been a Zillow employee. It was embarrassing that we were the last to know when it was our livelihood. Prior to the layoffs, between the announcement to pause home buying and the layoff announcement, everyone had questions. Everyone asked if there was a possibility of layoffs. Everyone was asking the right questions to decide what was going to happen next. No one ever said “no there will not be layoffs” but the implication to me and to everyone else is that there weren’t going to be layoffs. Higher-ups used different tactics to pull the “wool” over our eyes so to speak. There were analysts hired within a month prior to the layoff announcement. They claimed ti have created 5 entirely new positions to the ZO division implying that it was expanding so much that they needed to create new positions. These positions were annoyed about 2 weeks before the layoffs were announced. The decision to layoff 25% of the company is not a split second decision. This had to have been at least a conversation for several weeks, if not months. The “new positions”, the busy work during the paused time, the encouraging pricing meetings and “plans” for 2022 all feel like lies and tactic to keep people from seeking other employment and leaving before ZO was ready. I get that layoffs happen. I understand that business is business and this iBuyer model was not done properly and the division had to be dissolved. It’s business. But when you’re a company that preaches inclusivity, transparency, and employee appreciation, taking all of these ridiculous steps to keep the hood over our eyes was too much. Hiring people so close to the layoffs, creating “new positions”, answering our questions about job security with positivity and assurance is just dirty. I can’t speak for anyone else but I know that if someone came to me and said “hey there may be a chance of layoffs”, it would give people a chance to restructure their lives and secure their future.

23 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Taken care of

Dec 1, 2021 - Connections Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing benefits, easy job on the phone.

Cons

Work one weekend day, hourly, completely virtual

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Excellent Company Culture - Average C-Suite Leadership

Nov 11, 2021 - Industry Relations Consultant in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance is fantastic, pay is average for tech company but much higher than other fields. Company has fully embraced remote work and is extremely flexible. Leadership is supportive of personal and career growth.

Cons

C suite leadership is poor and often fails to execute. Profitable advertising division carries other bloated and inept departments. Culture is *extremely* woke and penalizes those not in protected classes. Pay is lower than other tech companies.

6 people found this review helpful
    5. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not trustworthy management

Nov 3, 2021 - Pricing Analyst in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very chill environment. I was given freedom how I wanted to accomplish my work day. If I needed assistance, peers or superiors were always willing to help or connect me with the right person to resolve issues at work.

Cons

Stock prices has been in free fall. Compensation no longer competitive taking this into consideration. HR team is not helpful when exiting the company (can't answer questions that is always raised when people leave a company and the classic "wait for the email you will receive after your last day").

27 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great

Nov 18, 2021 - Advisor in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good management Remote yet immersive culture

Cons

Zillow dissolved our department permanently

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Job, Great Company

Nov 8, 2021 - Acquisition Analyst in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Work culture, great employees and an awesome job.

Cons

Upper management would not listen to the pricing team.

3 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Zillow Offers

Nov 18, 2021 - Estimator/Project Manager in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay, benefits, and culture

Cons

Zillow Offers is now being phased out

9. 4.0
      Current Employee

Zillow has a very positive and inclusive culture and cares about work/life balance

Dec 1, 2021 - Homes Marketing Associate in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, great benifits, over 50% of roles are remote.

Cons

Lately, profits have been prioritized over specific core values that have had a discernible effect on employee morale and trust in leadership in the wake of lay-offs due to the closing of Zillow Offers.

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

BDR Review

Dec 1, 2021 - Business Development Representative in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work From Home. Great benefits. Good leadership.

Cons

Undefined quota (capped). Rigorous KPI's (150+ calls a day)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,220 Reviews