athenahealth Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

athenahealth Interview Questions

Interviews at athenahealth

3.1

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at athenahealth.

Interview

Great people and great work environment. Very friendly and welcoming do not have a single complaint about anyone or anything I love it there very family oriented they care and listen to you

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth in September 2020.

Interview

Applied online and received a response for a phone screen same day. Phone screen was scripted and impersonal, with the recruiter first reading a story about the history of the company and asking basic questions about my background/interests. I was told I would hear from someone to schedule for next steps that week, but did not hear anything and follow-up emails went unanswered. I finally heard from their scheduler on Friday for a tentative interview the following Tuesday, and was told I'd receive confirmation the next day (Saturday). I did not receive final confirmation for a three-hour interview on Tuesday until Monday afternoon, which did not leave me much time to coordinate time off my current job and prepare.

The interview was a series of 45-minute interviews with individual members of the team. Each member was supposed to focus on a specific behavior, but I found the questions to be repetitive and fairly standard. The recruiter told me beforehand she would follow up after the interview, but I heard nothing and once again my follow-up emails went unnoticed.

I finally received a form rejection letter about 2 weeks after, where the recruiter didn't even bother to capitalize my first name. I overall found the process to be highly disorganized, unprofessional, and not respectful of my time.

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (Watertown, MA (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

There were two interviews, first one with hr and second with managers. The hr one was good, the second interview with managers was terrible. Incredibly unprofessional, no respect for people’s time, it was obvious they weren’t going to hire externally and already had someone internally for the position.

After interviewing with the hr rep, I saw several negative reviews and was confused because the hr rep was great and I assumed she was a reflection of the company, and then I realized the rep started the interview with a sales pitch about how “great” the company is. From other employee reviews It seems there is change in management and the transition hasn’t gone well. I can only imagine how toxic this company is if they can’t even fix their recruiting process.

Volunteer Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (Farmington, CT (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

Applied through indeed. Contacted by a recruiter for a per-screen. Asked to schedule an interview and fill out an official application. The had one in person interview with three people from the company. It was at least weeks before I was contacted again.

Interview Questions

• How would recuit for volunteers?   1 Answer

Principal FE React Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at athenahealth (Austin, TX (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

I saw the job on LinkedIn and applied on their website. Got an email from recruiter 2 days back and scheduled interview with Hiring manager and lead FE engineer.

I thought my interview was pretty good. Past projects and resume related questions followed by JavaScript, React and behavioral questions that I thought I did pretty well.
    2 days later I received an email that they don't want to move forward -
    " While there was much positive feedback, we are looking for a candidate that more closely fits our needs."
    TBH, I don't know what "closely fit" means. Their project uses exactly the same techstack as I was using.
    I email recruiter to thank and getting a feedback. No reply.
    I didn't feel bad though. I'm thankful that I didn't waste too much time.

Interview Questions

• Common Javascript and React - Objects, this, arrow, events, React lifecycle, function vs class, HOC, hooks   Answer Question
    • Behavioral and past projects in detail   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at athenahealth.

Interview

I had interviewed for a position a few years ago, and after the long interview process, was rejected. This time, after years of relevant experience, I applied again and after a few weeks, my application is "No Longer Under Consideration". In the current job market, it would be decent for a company to at least email the applicant to notify them. Disappointed in this company, but that shows company transparency and how much they actually care for their employees too.

Service Integrity Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at athenahealth (Boston, MA (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

Applied online and 2 months later they reached out for a phone interview. The phone interview went great, it wasn't challenging and they asked basic questions. At the end of the interview the lady said she would love to move me to the next round of the interview process. 2 weeks later I still hadn't heard back about when my next interview would be, after emailing her 3 times she finally sent me this generic email saying they had moved on with other candidates. So unprofessional, don't tell me you're going to move me on if you don't know for certain that you will. I thought Athenahealth had a good reputation but this was so unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions, running through background experience and how this would be applicable in this position   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA (US)

Interview

The entire process was extremely professional yet approachable. I had one call with a recruiter, one call with the hiring manager, one visit to the office with four in person interviews and two phone interviews after. The recruiter I worked with was extremely informative and quickly responded to any question I had. He was proactive in keeping me up to date on their timeline, which was greatly appreciated. Once presented an offer they allowed me to digest and make a decision. At no point were they pushy. I was extremely impressed with their recruiting and interview process.

Interview Questions

• What do you think will be your biggest challenge in this position?   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (Watertown, MA (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

Virtual interviews with 5 other employees: Recruiter & 2 marketing managers & 2 marketing associates which lasted about 2.5 hours. My recruiter was very attentive to my questions and concerns which made the recruiting process quick and easy. Overall, I thought the recruiting and interview process was both professional and timely.

BDR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roswell, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at athenahealth (Roswell, GA (US)).

Interview

What a waste of seven weeks. I had two phone interviews, one 3 hour in person where I had to pay for my own parking (wasn’t validated), a Skype interview and two thirty minute reference checks.. that were pushed back multiple times (not respectful of my references time at all.) After my in person interview I was told to the keep the recruiter posted about my other interviews so they could potentially speed things up for me. For three weeks in a row, I was told I should know by the end of the week. Seven weeks later and I got a rejection email saying they were going with a candidate that better fit there needs. I have sales, cold calling & closing experience, displayed high levels of empathy and referred to a story of someone I love who has struggled with their health allowing me to better empathize with the patients of the practices they are implementing the technology in to. I am absolutely repulsed by this process and how led on I was. This is business, don’t tell a candidate to keep them posted on other interviews and reference check only to reject them. Have a little more decency than that.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.