Appirio Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Appirio Reviews

Updated 2 Jan 2020

4.1
Appirio Global Business Head Andy Chaudhuri (no image)
Andy Chaudhuri
Pros
Cons
  • "Some projects are great for Work-life balance and others are more demanding like many consulting companies(in 22 reviews)

• "Mired by process, red tapes and politics after the acquisition by Wipro(in 12 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"best place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jaipur, Rajasthan

I have been working at Appirio full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

At Appirio, people are always ready to help and guide you. Managers are also understanding. All of this is because of company culture which is really amazing.

Cons

None that I can think of

Appirio2019-05-07

"Awesome Organization..If you get a chance please spend some years with this organization."

Former Employee - Salesforce Developer in Jaipur, Rajasthan

I worked at Appirio full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture and the talent that appirio possess is great. The policies, cafeteria, cab facilities, events, work life balance all the things are amazing. After the merger of wipro and appirio many policies like MAS, LTA,VISA and travel related or tax related and other such policies which are migrated from wipro are quite beneficial for employees. Wipro hasn't put much pressure to dissolve the culture of appirio.

Cons

After the acquisition there are some policies which are not that good as it used to be earlier. The appraisal process or the hike cycle and the time it takes the process to be completed is quite high as of now in the appirio wipro world. It might get better with time. The mediclaim for parents is quite costly in wipro.

Advice to Management

The only advice to management is that there has always been a good amount of talented people in appirio. What we see right now is that the new candidates hired via wipro or may be from the wipro free pool are not that competent and should be trained well or filtered in such a way that it doesn't impact the goodwill appirio has made in the cloud ecosystem.

Appirio2019-08-19
  3. "Good company"

Current Employee - Software in Pune

I have been working at Appirio full-time for less than a year

Pros

very good company to start your career

Cons

Not expect to much salary at beginning

Appirio2020-01-02
  4. "Better than 90% of Indian IT Companies (Only For Jaipur Location)"

Former Employee - Data Consultant in Jaipur, Rajasthan

I worked at Appirio full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. Management - Managers are very friendly, encouraging, trustworthy. 2. Policies - Policies and Decisions are transparent. It's because of good management. 3. Free Canteen - You can have free snacks and cold drinks 4. Situated in very beautiful city - Jaipur 5. Rajasthani people are always nice to everyone. 6. After Wipro acquired it, we have Wipro benefits like Health Insurance, cashless for parents cover upto 4 Lakh and all. 7. Yearly and Monthly recognition with cool prizes. 8. Very friendly environment and no restriction in learning new technologies. (depends on the project and your availability) 9. Open for relocation across the country. 10. So many youngsters have joined Appirio recently so nice to have so many people from same age. 11. Fun activities are actually enjoyed here. 12. Free Cab Facility 13. WFH will be given easily 14. Work life balance will be there easily.

Cons

1. After Wipro acquisition hikes are according to Wipro policies. 2. Wipro wants Appirio Practice to be a One Billion practice, so they are working on cost cutting like less hike, less promotions, more than one project for one guy. Again it will help in learning 3. If you are in touch with Wipro management you will see Indian IT environment around you. 4. HRs are not aware of Wipro Policies. and HRs are very busy in team calls, and events. 5. Some folks were fired for submitting fake bills without warning. Although it's unethical to submit fake bills for reimbursement but there should be a warning.

Advice to Management

Keep Appirio alive to keep employees working.

Appirio2019-08-13

"Good for Freshers only !"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jaipur, Rajasthan

I worked at Appirio full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you are the kind of person who just wants to talk rather than getting things done yourself, then this is a great place as everything is played politically. Good platform for freshers to get experience for a year or 2.

Cons

Too much politics, favouritism, so called culture does not exist in India. People in management/managerial positions have reached there only because of their rep with India leadership and does not possess neither human skills nor technical skills. People can't even speak fluent English which includes not just Manager's but Directors of this company as well. If you make noise about anything, HR and your manager will work together to get you fired on the grounds of so called "cultural" misfit. India office is like a family run business where everyone's everyone is onboard regardless of skills. No work/life balance, some people work 15-20 hrs a day including weekends whereas others don't even have projects to work on. HR/Finance/Transportation are the worse department you will ever encounter, for any issues they have a standard answer of raise a ticket with vendor which get's no result. Losing most of its valued employee's due to all these issues as people in good books of managers are given multiple appraisal/promotion in a year or 1.5 yrs whereas, performers are given peanuts with false promises. Not recommended at all for people with 2-3+yrs of experience.

Advice to Management

Need's to scrap and revamp complete management of this office else you will continue to loose all the performers.

Appirio2019-05-13
  6. "Architect"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jaipur, Rajasthan

I have been working at Appirio full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Everything is good for you if you are doing your job truthfully.

Cons

I never encountered any issue which is not resolved by organization.

Appirio2019-02-19

"HR department needs to be better"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jaipur, Rajasthan

I worked at Appirio full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The infrastructure and facilities are simply amazing.

Cons

The biggest negative in Jaipur is the HR team here. This team does not have a clue as to what goes on in the office. There is no clarity around the policies which will come in when the merger with Wipro will happen. They are not at all open to feedback and simply wants to do the things they want to push. Their availability in office is something which is questionable, for them the office timings are 11 am to 4 pm. They dont know how to tackle employee pay issues and they would simply give you a POC in Wipro and expect the employees to work with them, which again is a pain in itself. The culture of the company has gone for a toss post the acquisition. There is no transparency and the communication from top down is very fabricated and follows a very political approach without any clear and proper answers keeping the employees in a confused state. There was a time when the employee experience was something which was of high prioirty, now this has just become a word and no one cares about it. If you are organizing something, then do it at your own risk. For some reason the payment to vendors now take ages and it is better not to engage the vendor at your own goodwill, because god knows when would he be paid.

Advice to Management

Please work on integration and you need to have a better leader in HR who can lead the same.

Appirio2018-11-15
  8. "Great place to work and awesome people to work with"

Former Employee - Principal Solution Architect in Jaipur, Rajasthan

I worked at Appirio full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

1. Awesome workplace; facility, location, cafeteria, cabs etc 2. Lots of opportunity at every level of career. 3. Best tools for developer experience, project management and work management. 4. Awesome people to work with 5. Lots of global opportunities 6. Easy to switch between projects/teams however one has to approach to right person 7. Easy approachable top Leadership within Appirio 8. Lots of training and learning opportunities 9. Company spend a good amount of money and resources on employee engagement; team parties, company events, silver lining, sports events etc I saw a couple of negative feedback after merging with Wipro but in my opinion, Wipro has opened a lot more opportunities for Jaipur hive and the following facts are in favor of JDC. 1. There are many more global opportunities now than ever before 2. More options to move between the teams and explore other technologies/verticals. 3. A number of training and learning opportunities. I attended two best training of my life after becoming part of Wipro. I am grateful for that experience. 4. Solution and Innovation group has done an awesome job in the very short amount of time; lots of lightning bolts, products and Appirio Nigel In my opinion, slow positive changes are being ignored and a small negative incident becomes news very soon.

Cons

#1. In my opinion, Getting your hands dirty has been part of Appirio culture but these days developers are crying to get the right support from more experienced people in the red project. #2. . Awesome people at Appirio US are leaving a company. #3. One may not be valued if not on people management career track.

Advice to Management

Don't let your platform experts/SME feel less valuable. You are lucky to have experts and also invested in them. Outside world is dying to get those experts. Impact of losing experts might not be immediate but in a long run organization will suffer in maintaining right CSAT score and employee experience.

Appirio2018-10-26
  9. "Salesforce Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Salesforce Developer in Jaipur, Rajasthan

I have been working at Appirio full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Experience so far, hope to get better

Cons

Need to reduce current attrition.

Appirio2018-09-20

"Good Place to Learn new things and Great professional environment"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Jaipur, Rajasthan

I worked at Appirio full-time for more than a year

Pros

I was working as a Software developer in Appirio and worked here for a good 2 years, I learned so many things which won't possible for me to learn from any university or google. I love the overall work environment from the day I started coming for my interview and until my last working day. I never felt that I am working in a place where people do office politics at work. Yes, I always get cooperative co-workers and brilliant heads to guide me.

Cons

I honestly not found any major cons there but yes can work on transport services for employees

Advice to Management

You have a great team and you are utilizing it in the best way

Appirio2018-08-22