Credit Karma Reviews

Found 250 of over 287 reviews

3.7
Credit Karma CEO and Founder Kenneth Lin
Kenneth Lin
Pros
  • "Empathy, mobility, work/life balance and emphasis on health and wellness(in 29 reviews)

• "The Coffee bar is particularly awesome(in 16 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Sometimes things are slow-moving and there is a general lack of documentation (growing pains)(in 17 reviews)

• "Work life balance can be extremely varied at best(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year
      Featured Review

Great people, leadership’s actions show they care

Feb 7, 2021 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Employees are legitimately cared for from the top-down. This is shown in the benefits, leadership’s actions when the pandemic negatively impacted the company, and in the framework and structures for individual growth. I think this fosters a culture of people who care and are driven. The compensation policy is generous and reflective of the leadership team’s values. This may or may not be standard in the industry, but they review market rates for each role 2x a year and adjust compensation up to it. I have not heard of someone having their compensation down, but they have admitted that promotions may be smaller pay jumps if the next level has had its compensation moved.

Cons

Like all companies, your immediate team and manager are not created equally. Not everyone has a great experience or the same opportunities for promotions because of the performance and perceived importance of their and their team’s work. One other major con is a consistent resistance to remote work. While leadership does genuinely push for flexibility and that each individual should be given the opportunity to manage their life and their work, the leadership firmly believes that the company does its best when employees work in-person.

9 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best

Aug 10, 2020 - Animateur D'équipe D'expédition in Chandigarh
      Business Outlook

Pros

Best staff and best machine by company

Cons

Don't know why you are asking

3. 3.0

Ok type of Company

Sep 20, 2021 - Clerk in Mumbai
      Business Outlook

Pros

Ok type of Company no issues

Cons

Nothing no issues type of Company

4. 3.0
      Former Employee

Too much pressure

Dec 21, 2020 - Business Development Associate (BDA) in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

Salary is the only good part

Cons

Work like laborer Pressure from 9am-10pm

3 people found this review helpful
    5. 4.0

Worklife

Nov 24, 2020 - Project Manager in Jamshedpur
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good to kick start your career.

Cons

Some sorts of politics as usual.

6. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company for the risk averse

Nov 6, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Kind founders and many great people Very stable business that keeps getting better Great comp and outstanding benefits, very employee friendly

Cons

No incentive to perform well, like recourse for poor performance Grotesquely political and hierarchy/level obsessed Decentralized product org creates misaligned incentives and turf wars across the business. Operates as a series of competitor companies more than a single company Lack of innovation. The newest vertical is slow and clunky and has a ton of poor execution instead of a desire for actual innovative problem solving. Believes funnel optimization is vision. Illogical decisions around hiring mandates in Charlotte, not willing to go remote. HR function is bananas. Run like the mafia. Paranoid, threatening, openly derisive of employees. Unbelievably defensive leadership.

7 people found this review helpful
    7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Too focused on engeeering

Nov 18, 2021 - Instructional Designer in Charlotte, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of fun ways to engage with employees

Cons

Too much focus on engeeering. After engeeering it's marketing team that gets focus and money. All other teams are not recognized or get promoted

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great work life balance and culture!

Oct 12, 2021 - Senior Data Scientist in Oakland, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance, culture and mission!

Cons

Politics involved in promotions and lack of growth opportunities!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

A worthwhile mission that many of us still believe in

Oct 4, 2021 - Market Researcher in Oakland, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

It is worth showing up for those of us motivated by the notion that we can enable financial wellness and health for American consumers! Building this product was never going to be easy, particularly as it scales, and particularly when a pandemic hits at our most crucial moment, going through acquisition while launching our highest-stakes verticals ever. We've collectively done the best we could do under these circumstances to keep moving forward while remembering our guiding principles. I don't believe we seek to do harm for profit, as some reviewers here have suggested. I've worked at too many places, enough to recognize how special this place is and these people are. You'll get paid more in the future. You'll have better work balance in the future. You'll have more certainty in the future. If a single priority guides you, by all means optimize your career for that at the expense of all else. Overall, for myself, this is an amazing place to be, even through all the pivots and weaves we've danced or stumbled through recently. Finally, part of my role is to keep abreast of member sentiment about the company's impact on their financial lives, and I see overwhelming good will and gratitude for the services we provide, the direction we're headed, and our intentions for doing what we do. There are always vocal critics in the minority, but when we goof, our members generally give us the benefit of the doubt and the space to learn to do better. When we succeed, our members succeed; the inverse is true, as well.

Cons

When I think about the recent pains I've felt here, I realize that it is mostly related to the challenges of working through a pandemic and, thus, not specific to this company. Yes, virtual meetings can be draining, we now work long irregular hours, and it seems half the company consists of new faces, but I believe this is an industry-wide reality at the moment.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Keep the Growth Going

Oct 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Growth Opportunity - Open Culture - Ownership

Cons

- No cons after being here for 2 years.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 250 Reviews