Nagarro Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Nagarro CEO Manas Fuloria
Manas Fuloria

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "sometimes work life balance becomes difficult due to false promises made to customer" (in 81 reviews)

• "Either you'll have no work-life balance or you'll be free a lot of times" (in 24 reviews)

"Awesome"

I have been working at Nagarro full-time

Pros

Awesome place to work for. Lots of learning opportunities.

Cons

Nothing as of now since I am new!

Advice to Management

Nothing!

"If you analyze properly, you will find Nagarro is a good company!"

I worked at Nagarro full-time

Pros

Every workplace has some +ve and some -ve. Nagarro is no different. It has its own pros and cons. But if you weight them and analyse them properly, you will really find it as a good working place.

Good Things about Nagarro:
    -----------------------------------
    1. Good salary: No doubt about that. In general, new comer as well as old employees, both have competent salaries , if compared with Delhi-NCR market. I really doubt if there is a high -ve drift. Though there are chances of high +ve drifts.

2.Appraisals: Nagarro does not offer good appraisals now. But they are very good enough to beat external appraisals . Trust me!

3.Heaven for freshers or less experience people: Nagarro has too much for a fresher. I really dream if that kind of stuff was available to me in my early stage of carrier. Latest technology exposure, some serious mentor ship, carrier accelerated growth programs, webinars, university, many more etc. It's a great investment!

4. Great leadership: Nagarro has a great CEO who is really cool! There are good channels by which he regularly communicates and connects to each employee in the organization. And this is both ways. I have not found a single person who says that he/she hesitates in communicating to him.

5. A developing organization: Nagarro is in a phase to become a great organization in future if guided properly and things are implemented accordingly. People at Nagarro are provided opportunities to do lots of different stuff that would be useful for upcoming change in digital world. So good time to learn and grow with Nagarro.

Cons

Improvement Areas:

1. Old trusted people: Nagarro has a legacy of around 20 years now. There are lots of old people in the organization who are at good positions like director, VP, Managers, Leads, etc. but are unable to cope up with the change in market. They are not able to update their thoughts, way of working and hence neither able to excel while guiding/leading others or even understanding some great inputs by others. Sometime it felt that they are using the well established trust that they have gained.

2. Resource management and Talent acquisition: I think there is significant gap in thought process of key teams while understanding the requirement and identifying the actual skills required. This is one of the reason by which Nagarro is growing in terms of strength but less in terms of skills.

3. Other support processes and operations: If we talk about caring your employees, then there is huge scope of improvement with respect to onsite travel policies, insurance, food in cafeterias, leave policy, weekend policy, non-office hours spent by employees for office tasks etc.
    4. Define effective and quantifiable KRAs for all designations. Measure and take actions accordingly. They are misaligned, specifically at Manager/Architect and above positions.

4. Whistle blower and Feedback loop should be there and should be purely anonymous. If someone raise it, it should be taken as purely confidential and handled with sensitiveness. It is required because, there are people in the organization who are really faking things. Even if you might know about such people, such people are exploiting really good talent you have, which is not good!

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to look upon improvement areas and work seriously to enhance. It is not improving much and might get worse in near future.

"No good quality projects as compared with my previous organization"

Current Employee - Technology Lead in Gurgaon, Haryana
    Current Employee - Technology Lead in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at Nagarro full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good environment.
    Good Associate Director
    Not sure about hikes but i have heard from previous employees it is better than other IT companies.
    Good work culture. Employees here take 10-15 days wfh if u have good relations with AD.

Cons

Quality of work /project is not good. Whether it is developer or DevOps they just perform support/troubleshooting kind of work.
    Forget Onsite.
    So basically if you actually want to work in trending technologies automation/cloud and grow then the projects are not there or they are extremely less and once you got stuck in wrong project then u have to serve there min of 18 months.

Advice to Management

Improve your RM team. Please make sure they understand the technical stuff so they can allocate the resources correctly as per the project and don't force them to take the particular project.

"Road to Product based companies"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Gurgaon, Haryana
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at Nagarro full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Good Work in technical perspective.
    2. Slightly above average salary than service based companies.
    3. Better projects and visibility to ground workers(Dev and Testers).

Cons

1. Salary increment is bound to a bracket.
    2. Since past 3 years its not the pay master and have lost its glowing culture of high pay and high increment now its just another service based company with a good past record.

Advice to Management

Just to increase the bench strength don't just hire garbage from market. We were best performers in past and will be best performers in present to just stick to the ground rules you had.

"Good company, tracks are right, but needs proper execution"

I have been working at Nagarro full-time

Pros

Salary structure
    Appraisals have got down, but still better art other Delhi NCR companies
    Flexible office timings, work from home
    Focus on technology, innovation
    Values good and specially old employees; opportunities are here;sky is the limit
    Simplified appraisal process and less time consuming as well
    Even a junior associate has lots of opportunities and expose skills
    Thoughtful CEO, few VPs as well; atleast I get lots of positive vibes from CEO and VP technology who joined 2.5 year back. Awesome.

Cons

Less organized, poor project execution and delivery processes. Developers r simply screwed.
    Very less functional or domain expertise
    Though technology first company, but significant improvement needed here. Need analysis on this front. Lots of talks but bad on ground level
    Less competent innovation groups, perhaps due to long lived and less thoughtful people here.
    Many platforms are there but quality needs significant improvement on various occasion e.g. internal technology webinars, level up questions, trainings, etc.
    Automation is great opportunity which is not good here from learning or grow ( both QA, devops)
    Less employee friendly policies e.g. insurance, work from home, travel policies, external certification, project allocation, etc.

Advice to Management

Re analyse from ground zero
    We have lots of great on going stuff, but he problem is in in management and placing right people at right place.
    Other top management guys other than CEO should also come forward with their views and bringing ideas and confidence.

6. "Good company to work for"

Current Employee - Lead in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at Nagarro full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. Hike is good.
    2. Your contribution is always recognised
    3. Good work life balance
    4. Changing technology is easier than other companies.
    5. Do some cool stuff, and get recognised in the company
    6. Management is approachable

Cons

1. Support staff especially hr, payroll and GMG teams need to change their attitude and provide better support to employees.

Advice to Management

Great going. Only thing is to start classroom trainings at various levels.

7. "Allocate fresher to new technology"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Gurgaon, Haryana
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at Nagarro full-time (More than a year)

Pros

flexible timings, nice working environment

Cons

The bad project allocation policy

Advice to Management

Allocate new technology to freshers

"Great work culture, Flexible timings, Good Appraisals"

Current Employee - Lead in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at Nagarro full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. There is good work life balance as you have flexible timings and work from home options(depending on your project.
    2. Pretty good appraisals compared to other big companies
    3. Job security.
    4. Good learning programs, a dedicated team know as NagarroU takes care of. You get free access to PluralSight and can check your skills through LevelUp tests conducted on a regular basis.
    5. Annual corporate party where you get to meet all your colleagues, Long service awards starting after 5 years of service, regular team events.
    6. Free gym with instructor facility, games room

Cons

1. Lack of transparency when it comes to onsite opportunities
    2. Project allocation system can have some improvements like be able to view all current open positions internally.
    3. Improvement in the process of employee referral program. There is no portal where one can see all open position for external hiring.

Advice to Management

We are doing pretty great but can we still look into the Cons mentioned above.

9. "This is the Organization where I can vision myself growing and enhancing my profile"

I have been working at Nagarro full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Culture , organization provides platform to excel and bring value addition in our existing processes and way of working.

Cons

Nothing I can think of.

Advice to Management

Doing a great job.

"No good projects in Nagarro Jaipur"

Former Employee - Technical Lead in Jaipur, Rajasthan
    Former Employee - Technical Lead in Jaipur, Rajasthan

I worked at Nagarro full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked at Nagarro Gurgaon and also at Nagarro Jaipur.
    Good company culture and atmosphere.
    Nice campus in jaipur.

Cons

1. No good projects in Jaipur. All big projects only in Gurgaon.
    2. Nagarro Jaipur has a campus with seating capacity of 350 but still we have only 150 people on floor and the number is reducing because of the availability of very few and small projects.
    3. No onsite, small and local projects.
    4. Nothing much to learn.
    5. No growth in jaipur. You feel frustrated. But there are growth chances in gurgaon
    6. When a Nagarro's Jaipur collegue is released from any project and if he/she does not get allocated in the next project after 2-3 attempts then he/she is either asked to move to Gurgaon or asked to quit.
    7. Currently nagarro is growing by adding new projects but only in Gurgaon.
    8. There is no equal distribution of projects and technologies in both of these areas

Advice to Management

Why is Nagarro Jaipur ignored so much.
    Why cant there be an equal distribution of projects and technologies in both of these areas.
    There are already so many good projects and 5 building in Gurgaon and I heard a 6th one coming soon near plot 13.
    I request Nagarro higher management to understand this. We are your very own people who are working for nagarro's growth. Please try to understand the situation of Jaipur collegues. Grow Nagarro India not just Nagarro Gurgaon.