The Connor Group Reviews

Updated 14 May 2021

4.6
The Connor Group Managing Partner Larry Connor
Larry Connor
Pros
  • "Excellent reward and recognition program(in 77 reviews)

• "If you are looking for a place where people are valued and hard work is rewarded, look no further(in 72 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours (I generally don't mind this because I work(in 56 reviews)

• "Work life balance has been challenging(in 51 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Hard work with high review

8 May 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

You will work hard and push yourself to new limits every day. The job is rewarding not just in compensation but also in the job you do. I have learned how to run my own business and restructure a company to be more profitable while still improving customer service. If you love working hard and seeing results this is a great company for you. We are very competitive and have a gritty culture and during my time here I have received things from my wish list including, David Yurman jewlrey, designer shoes, an apple watch, and a Samsung Microwave. Hard work pays off!

Cons

Ive been staring at this section not quite sure what to put. We work hard and often work Saturdays or stay late to hit our goals. For me this is not a con but if it is for you this job might not be for others.

2. 5.0

Great place to work

14 May 2021 - Administrative Assistant in Miamisburg, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Highly motivated & driven coworkers, great benefits package, Reward & Recognition program, culture of excellence.

Cons

Hard to balance work/family life at times, will work more than 40 hours a week & some weekend days, if you aren't able to handle fast moving pace or direct & honest feedback this may not be the place for you.

3. 5.0

Competitive and Rewarding

12 May 2021 - IT Engineer in Miamisburg, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

The work is rewarding and there is always something to learn. Working at The Connor Group gives you access to being part of a high functioning system that has proven success. Everyone is valued and wants to work together to reach our goals between all departments. If you are high functioning, competitive and ready to continue learning, this is the place for you.

Cons

Longer hours than most companies, but we operate at higher efficiency than most.

4. 5.0

Great Company to work for

13 May 2021 - Property Manager in Cincinnati, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, Reward and Recognition, Work with Elite People, 401k. Communication. Culture. By far the best company I’ve worked for.

Cons

Long days but if you work on time management and planning it helps with the long days.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company!

20 Apr 2021 - Senior Director in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great opportunity to learn and grow as an individual. You have to be high energy and be an achiever. You have to be self accountable and not give up easily. This is a stressful and high accountability job, but the rewards are there even if it is just from learning. Anyone who stays long term will absolutely have a. better sense of running a business.

Cons

Can be long hours at times. This is more so in the summer and busy season. We do have high turnover, however this is largely due to new hires not being a culture fit with the company. If you give up easily this is not the job for you!

2 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0

Managing and Executing the Selling and Operating aspects of the business

3 May 2021 - Property Manager in Columbus, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

At every turn they are exactly as they represent themselves to be. You must be self confident and motivated to learn and deliver on results.

Cons

There is a lot of feedback and a lot of operating methods that must be done correctly. This takes concerted effort and focus, not a con necessarily but it is not for everyone.

7. 5.0

Learning More than Ever Before

11 Apr 2021 - Property Manager in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with TCG for just under 6 months and have learned more about how to be a successful business leader than in any of my previous roles. Coupling sales and operations together to see how revenue is tracked while taking individual accountability to unparalleled heights is not something that my previous roles emphasized as well as TCG does. I am excited to go into work each day and put my grit to the test to exceed goals. This job is for people with extreme discipline and a desire to win and the mental and emotional rewards are endless.

Cons

Long hours, but fulfilling when you love what you do :)

4 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0

Look No Further

7 Jan 2021 - Interviewer in Springboro, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Coming from spending over a decade in a company that chose to close it's doors, my biggest fear was that I would not be able to find my way in with a company that I could truly feel like I supported, and would support me in return. I had read reviews about The Connor Group and it seemed too good to be true. I had a couple other companies that were looking at me as a candidate, but The Connor Group's company culture really stood out to me. Let me tell you, I made the right choice! The company culture is amazing. We truly live and breathe our core values, and make sure we hold ourselves to high standards everyday. Ever one is held to the same standard of excellence. You'll be shocked at the amazing benefits the company offers including the prospect of becoming a partner with the company no matter what role you're in! The company and CEO make huge strides to benefit the communities they're involved in. If you're being considered to be a part of The Connor Group, you've landed an amazing opportunity with a great group of teams!

Cons

You may be held to the highest standards ever in your career, but you will be given the opportunity to learn, grow and correct your mistakes. If you're willing to put in the work, you have no limit on what you can achieve here!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

High Accountability, High Reward

2 Mar 2021 - Partner- Senior Field Recruiter in Miamisburg, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

The Connor Group has an amazing culture that attracts the best of the best and is centered around always doing the right thing by our people and our residents. High goals, high accountability, high reward. Everyone that works for TCG is a high achiever so you are pushed each and every day to be better than yesterday. On top of that, there is great pay + bonuses and AMAZING benefits. The list truly goes on and on!

Cons

The culture here is not for everyone. If you don't like being held accountable to a high standard, if you dont like feedback, or you arent willing to do what you need to do to achieve your goals, this wont be the place for you. On that same token, if you can say yes to all of that, this will be the best career you'll ever have!

3 people found this review helpful

The Connor Group Response

Vice President of Talent Acquisition

Appreciate your feedback!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

If you’re gritty, competitive, and have that refuse to lose mindset, this is the place for you!

24 Apr 2021 - Sales Manager in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

You’ll get to work with top talent from various industries. You get direct feedback as expectations are always clear so you always know where you stand with the company. The reward and recognition that you receive is amazing!

Cons

If you don’t follow the systems, you’ll have to sacrifice work/life balance to be successful. So just follow the systems!

2 people found this review helpful